Author Topic: Biggest lacklustre/disappointing skate video.  (Read 3261 times)

Low standards

Re: Biggest lacklustre/disappointing skate video.
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2021, 10:02:57 AM »

Trashcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2021, 10:26:29 AM »
Maybe a little unpopular opinion but Extremely Sorry didn't live up to the hype. Sorry and Really Sorry were/are classics. The soundtrack to that video was terrible and I could have done without all the clay animation. It had some good parts but overall it felt subpar.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2021, 10:52:03 AM »
Propeller was a letdown.
propeller is a good video. i watched it in it’s entirety for the first time in years not too long ago and it really grew on me. tnts part is so good and i completely overlooked it.

marty mcfly

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2021, 10:54:08 AM »
Maybe a little unpopular opinion but Extremely Sorry didn't live up to the hype. Sorry and Really Sorry were/are classics. The soundtrack to that video was terrible and I could have done without all the clay animation. It had some good parts but overall it felt subpar.
after sorry and really sorry...it’s extremely obvious.

I back this!!!

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »
Expand Quote
pretty sweet for sure
[close]

Expand Quote

Pretty sweet had some lackluster putts but overall I enjoyed a lot of it. Vincent, MJ, CK, I also liked Jeron and BBs stuff. Guys part felt a little lackluster. I wasn’t into Raven, Stevie, or Elijahs parts. Kenny had a few cool clips, Chico and Jesus shared part was chill.
[close]

Agreed. My main problems with a lot of the newer guys' parts were the editing (CK not included). The songs either didn't match the skating or the vibe was off. A lot of forced bro-ing that they tried to milk the vibes from the Yeah Right days.

That but also I feel the quality of the skating just wasn't there. A lot of fluff, a lot of dragged out slow mo HD nonsense, and a lot of bad editing and song choices. It just wasn't what it could've been in a lot of ways. This was during a weird shift in skating on up of everything else but this one hurt. Maybe some funny skits could've broken up the monotony some.

I can say for extremely sorry there was a lot of good skating even if the editing was trash.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »
Lakai The Flare
Jon Sciano had a good part in that tho.
So lackluster no one even remembers it’s exists.

Pretty sweet had some lackluster putts but overall I enjoyed a lot of it. Vincent, MJ, CK, I also liked Jeron and BBs stuff. Guys part felt a little lackluster. I wasn’t into Raven, Stevie, or Elijahs parts. Kenny had a few cool clips, Chico and Jesus shared part was chill.
elijah berles part was really fucking good. one of the better parts in the whole video and the dude was only 16/17 during it. are y’all using your brain or just your head

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 113
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »
pretty sweet

the skating in it is great, but everything surrounding the skating sucks. the jack black skit is hard to watch, the will arnett jokes feel forced and awkward, and there is a lot of bad music. the whole vibe of the video does not make me want to go skate at all.

im of the age where fully flared got me into skating as a young teen, so i was excited for this and went to a premiere but left feeling disappointed.

that said CK, stevie and MJ's parts are still great

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 487
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
Pretty Sweet for me. Way too long, felt like how tricks were filmed were prioritised over how good they were when choosing what went in there. Tired skits with unoriginal ideas (they basically just did the Owen Wilson bit from Yeah Right again with Will Farrell).  It played like a showreel for Ty Evans to get into the film industry, which it pretty much was AFAIK. That whole plan fell on its ass pretty quickly and he was straight back to making skate vids with painfully over the top production. Ty actually said in an interview that he edited it aimed at a non-skating audience, which is a huge disservice to the amount of work the skaters put in to it. It had a few good parts and could've been an all time great but was just overproduced dogshit. Shame really.

After Mosaic and Inhabitants, i felt like Origin was very lackluster.. the other ones that first came to mind have already all been mentioned (Since Day one, Guilty, and Nothing But the Truth).

I personally preferred Origin to Inhabitants. Nothing will touch Mosaic though although Habitat always put out solid videos

Maybe a little unpopular opinion but Extremely Sorry didn't live up to the hype.

Don't know who you've been talking to but that's not unpopular

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Propeller was a letdown.
[close]
propeller is a good video. i watched it in it’s entirety for the first time in years not too long ago and it really grew on me. tnts part is so good and i completely overlooked it.

I actually gave it another go today and it wasn’t as bad as I remember. I think I wasn’t really feeling the over polished HD look at the time and that cheap After effects polygonal motion template they used felt a bit cheesy at the time but I don’t mind it now.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif