Author Topic: 2021-22 NFL Season  (Read 6738 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
2021-22 NFL Season
« on: September 16, 2021, 09:46:45 PM »
Week one is in the books and week two has barely just begun with the football teamtmbeating the giants, but really the giants defeating themselves. Who sucks, who is gonna be good this year?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
Re: 2021-22 NFL Season
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 06:32:45 AM »
As a Vikings fan I was excited to watch Green Bay shit the bed last week. That took away a bit of the sting from the Vikings shitting the bed.  It also looks like we'll be without our two top linebackers this Sunday so Kyler Murray will probably run all over us.

I'm interested to see what Stafford can do with the Rams this year.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Bills and Browns will continue to be good.

Get hungry on it!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 07:12:06 AM »
GO BIRDS

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 07:13:03 AM »
As a Vikings fan I was excited to watch Green Bay shit the bed last week. That took away a bit of the sting from the Vikings shitting the bed.  It also looks like we'll be without our two top linebackers this Sunday so Kyler Murray will probably run all over us.

Well at least you got to enjoy Rodgers get punked like that. Unfortunately Kirk Cousins is still stinking it up as your qb so that dampens things. I also am cautiously optimistic about the Browns. I think baker is the answer for them at qb and against any team other than the chiefs they probably would have won that game

thebacker

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 07:28:12 AM »

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 08:15:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well at least you got to enjoy Rodgers get punked like that. Unfortunately Kirk Cousins is still stinking it up as your qb so that dampens things. I also am cautiously optimistic about the Browns. I think baker is the answer for them at qb and against any team other than the chiefs they probably would have won that game
I do think Cousins gets a bit too much hate as far as his play goes, my beef with him is that he's a kooky anti-vaxxer that's holding the Vikings hostage on a super expensive fully guaranteed contract, but that's just as much on the organization.  The Vikings biggest problem as of late is that they're never firing on all cylinders at once.  If the offense is clicking then the defense sucks and vise versa.

I think the Browns did well to get Stefanski for head coach (from the Vikings of course)  He'll definitely help Baker keep progressing.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 08:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I do think Cousins gets a bit too much hate as far as his play goes, my beef with him is that he's a kooky anti-vaxxer that's holding the Vikings hostage on a super expensive fully guaranteed contract, but that's just as much on the organization.  The Vikings biggest problem as of late is that they're never firing on all cylinders at once.  If the offense is clicking then the defense sucks and vise versa.

I think the Browns did well to get Stefanski for head coach (from the Vikings of course)  He'll definitely help Baker keep progressing.

He's definitely a lose-lose when it comes to both his on field play and his off field antics. He's not really going to elevate your team when you need it, he's pretty middle of the road and uninspiring, which i suppose is better than being just outright bad. But he's also a complete anti vaxx goofy and just a total dork. One of the lamest qbs in a league full of boring stupid qbs.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

He's definitely a lose-lose when it comes to both his on field play and his off field antics. He's not really going to elevate your team when you need it, he's pretty middle of the road and uninspiring, which i suppose is better than being just outright bad. But he's also a complete anti vaxx goofy and just a total dork. One of the lamest qbs in a league full of boring stupid qbs.

I mean either way you slice it I don't think he gets a new contract from the Vikings and they'll be back to square one at QB again. BUT I don't want to hog up your thread with Vikings talk. Who is your team?

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean either way you slice it I don't think he gets a new contract from the Vikings and they'll be back to square one at QB again. BUT I don't want to hog up your thread with Vikings talk. Who is your team?

I'm a saints fan by way of no longer being a chargers fan (obligatory FUCK DEAN SPANOS). This season looked like it might be pretty rough before week one but damn Jameis looked nice out there. Low expectations will hopefully lead to a fun and surprising season

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 10:18:53 AM »
man, I grew up in New England during the 90s. AFC east was brutal to watch. Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Jim Kelly/Doug Flutie. Growing up and rooting for bad teams and against the Steelers was awesome.

now man, I can't get into it. I think if the visual quality of the games was shittier, like if I could watch it on a TV with an antennae and static, I'd be more into it
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 10:35:31 AM »
man, I grew up in New England during the 90s. AFC east was brutal to watch. Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Jim Kelly/Doug Flutie. Growing up and rooting for bad teams and against the Steelers was awesome.

now man, I can't get into it. I think if the visual quality of the games was shittier, like if I could watch it on a TV with an antennae and static, I'd be more into it

You gotta watch it on a tiny shitty tv in a run down bar

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm a saints fan by way of no longer being a chargers fan (obligatory FUCK DEAN SPANOS). This season looked like it might be pretty rough before week one but damn Jameis looked nice out there. Low expectations will hopefully lead to a fun and surprising season
Ah gotcha, yeah I think Spanos caused a mass exodus of sorts, because I've heard of quite a few people doing the same.  Though Herbert does look pretty good.

And yeah it looks like the Lasik surgery did Famous Jameis some good.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ah gotcha, yeah I think Spanos caused a mass exodus of sorts, because I've heard of quite a few people doing the same.  Though Herbert does look pretty good.

And yeah it looks like the Lasik surgery did Famous Jameis some good.

Yeah it's pretty one sided, but San Diegans HATE LA, and if dean thought any of us were down for that move north, he was sorely mistaken

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 12:14:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You gotta watch it on a tiny shitty tv in a run down bar

ha ha ha ha even the shitty bars I used to hang at had good TVs by the time I quit hanging in em. Looks like no NFL for this dood. hahah
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 11:09:04 AM »
Just saw nyjah is in the new nfl shop commercial, gross.

Get hungry on it!

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 12:08:22 PM »
I expected nothing less from the brand new Jets quarterback. It’s like they’re purposely trying to find the next Mark Sanchez.

0-16 here we come. I’ll drink to that. Gotta celebrate SOMETHING about the Jets right??

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »
So the Vikings down 33-34, drive down the field on the final possession to waste the last 30 seconds off the clock where they could have run maybe two more plays. Call time out with 4 seconds left and miss a 37 yard field goal to lose.  Being a fan of the Vikings fucking sucks.

Get hungry on it!

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 04:49:17 PM »
I expected nothing less from the brand new Jets quarterback. It’s like they’re purposely trying to find the next Mark Sanchez.

The Butt Fumble more impressive than 4 interceptions today

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh yeah butt fumble is an all-timer of NFL low-lights. Lots of qbs have had 4 int games.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 05:36:26 PM »
So the Vikings down 33-34, drive down the field on the final possession to waste the last 30 seconds off the clock where they could have run maybe two more plays. Call time out with 4 seconds left and miss a 37 yard field goal to lose.  Being a fan of the Vikings fucking sucks.

Name a more iconic duo than the Vikings and missing late field goals. I feel you though as a former charger fan when it comes to never ending football pain

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 06:09:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Oh yeah butt fumble is an all-timer of NFL low-lights. Lots of qbs have had 4 int games.

I remember seeing that on TV and had to shut it off after that. Then I became the laughingstock at Thanksgiving dinner for being a Jets fan.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 06:10:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Name a more iconic duo than the Vikings and missing late field goals. I feel you though as a former charger fan when it comes to never ending football pain
It’s all but guaranteed that if the Vikings are depending on a field goal to win, it’s gonna be an L. Saw your saints came back down to earth today too.

Get hungry on it!

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2021, 07:32:18 PM »

0-16 here we come. I’ll drink to that. Gotta celebrate SOMETHING about the Jets right??

I am a long time giants fan and I feel your pain in New York. Every year I think it’s going to be a fresh start then they remind me and make me pay for my new year hopes haha

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2021, 08:09:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It’s all but guaranteed that if the Vikings are depending on a field goal to win, it’s gonna be an L. Saw your saints came back down to earth today too.

Yeah saints looked pretty sloppy. Probably gonna be an up and down season

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »
Kareem Hunt is a beast, that last TD play! And another play jumping over people

Browns so fun to watch. Fields having a rough day

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
Whew, the Vikings finally get a win against Russell Wilson’s Seahawks. That was a long time coming.

Get hungry on it!

Shalom Peterson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2021, 09:08:46 PM »
I've seen all my teams win a championship in my lifetime other than the Dolphins... who hasn't won a playoff game in over 20 years. I'm just hoping for a playoff win. Of any kind. I'm not too hopeful.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2021, 09:45:01 PM »
I've seen all my teams win a championship in my lifetime other than the Dolphins... who hasn't won a playoff game in over 20 years. I'm just hoping for a playoff win. Of any kind. I'm not too hopeful.

Feel sad for Tua. Wasn't a fan of him when he played at Bama. Big fan now after watching the film about him

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »
Football season the best. Wake up then so happy for Sundays

cky enthusiast

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
eagles are a clown team and supporting them is painful