Author Topic: 2021-22 NFL Season  (Read 6736 times)

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
Re: 2021-22 NFL Season
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2022, 05:29:53 PM »
Cowboys & Eagles game fun to watch. The season flew by. Still never understand the choices they make however always liked the Eagles. Completely shocked they turned the season around
Season definitely flew by, I feel like I say that every year. Rams v. Niners was real good too. Watched my Vikings win a meaningless game against the bears, excited about a new head coach over the offseason but that’s also a scary endeavor.  Looking forward to the playoffs.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2022, 07:56:26 PM »
I have no clue how the fuck the steelers just made the playoffs.

I also missed a 9 leg +17000 parlay hitting because Kelce had under 40 yards. Pretty bummed about that.

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »
I have no clue how the fuck the steelers just made the playoffs.

I also missed a 9 leg +17000 parlay hitting because Kelce had under 40 yards. Pretty bummed about that.

Don’t speak too soon… chargers/raiders just went to OT and a tie could spoil it for the Steelers haha

Edit: bummed that the Raiders made that FG we were very close to a hilarious ending
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 09:17:22 PM by doomstation55 »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2022, 06:05:15 AM »
The chargers will always disappoint you

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2022, 09:19:53 AM »

Sucks they left SD. I’ll never not associate them with San Diego… but Herbert is the truth. That last drive and TD to force ot was a thing of beauty. Not sure about the timeout call however..

The colts though. Your playoff destiny in your hands only to lose to the jags. Yikes.

I mean I’m a Houston fan by default, guess i can’t really talk shit lol

This just breaks my heart, man. Last game of the season. Impending free agency.

https://youtu.be/sQyVjM44CnQ
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:26:35 AM by whitemanjazz »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2022, 01:16:21 PM »
It always blows to see someone get hurt in the last game. That's his whole family's future right there

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2022, 03:20:32 PM »
Worst year as a Browns fan in a minute. Was easier when I know they'd just suck, worse to get my hopes up.
Cocteau Twins

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2022, 08:57:40 PM »
Worst year as a Browns fan in a minute. Was easier when I know they'd just suck, worse to get my hopes up.

And you had to go out getting stuffed into a bathroom stall by a broken down Roethlisberger one last time.

On a serious note as much as I love to be the typical yinzer and shit on the post-Tommy John version of Ben, there was no way he was losing that game. No matter what happened yesterday, no matter how bad KC blows us out next Sunday, THAT was our super bowl. It's the best rivalry in sports (so good that it has a just as successful spin-off!) and after the playoffs last year this chapter just had to end this way.

The next chapter may be very different. Kevin Colbert is apparently gone after this draft, so if he doesn't deliver us our next franchise qb for 2 decades again then it might be a weird few years. I think Tomlin is a mediocre coach and our play calling has been laughable for a few seasons now, but we have a really promising young group of skill players and defensive game changers so really all that's missing is a qb capable of putting up the points to hang with the Buffalos and KCs. Najee is the truth, Freirmuth is the reincarnation of Heath Miller, and we have 3 wrs who have shown pro bowl level talent (Johnson's snub this year was shameful).

Cleveland is in kind of a similar situation right? You guys have talent offensively but Baker and poor coaching held you back this year for sure. I don't think Baker sucks, but he's kind of the same deal as Wentz. He tries to make big dick plays with a regular guy dick. If he ever learns to just play within himself and read the game he could easily develop into a Tannehill type, but I don't think he's ever going to be "white Russ" like people were saying a while back. If you give him a dominant run game and just let him hit play action shots and occasionally scramble for a td or first down then I think he has plenty of talent and has certainly shown a high enough ceiling to win a super bowl. Basically if he's what we have to worry about then I'm not scared at all, but if he's the third or fourth thing we need to stop then he becomes terrifying.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2022, 02:56:57 PM »
Russ baby come to nola. Pete Carroll sucks

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2022, 04:08:10 PM »

u shut your whore mouth about silver daddy

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2022, 04:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tell me you're a usc fan without telling me

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2022, 04:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tell me you're a usc fan without telling me

goddamit

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »
One of the biggest issues this year was play calling and Baker trying to make hero moves. Not sure what happened with coaching this year. Oh well, I'm jumping on the Bengals bandwagon since Paul Brown is from my home town.
Expand Quote
[close]

And you had to go out getting stuffed into a bathroom stall by a broken down Roethlisberger one last time.

On a serious note as much as I love to be the typical yinzer and shit on the post-Tommy John version of Ben, there was no way he was losing that game. No matter what happened yesterday, no matter how bad KC blows us out next Sunday, THAT was our super bowl. It's the best rivalry in sports (so good that it has a just as successful spin-off!) and after the playoffs last year this chapter just had to end this way.

The next chapter may be very different. Kevin Colbert is apparently gone after this draft, so if he doesn't deliver us our next franchise qb for 2 decades again then it might be a weird few years. I think Tomlin is a mediocre coach and our play calling has been laughable for a few seasons now, but we have a really promising young group of skill players and defensive game changers so really all that's missing is a qb capable of putting up the points to hang with the Buffalos and KCs. Najee is the truth, Freirmuth is the reincarnation of Heath Miller, and we have 3 wrs who have shown pro bowl level talent (Johnson's snub this year was shameful).

Cleveland is in kind of a similar situation right? You guys have talent offensively but Baker and poor coaching held you back this year for sure. I don't think Baker sucks, but he's kind of the same deal as Wentz. He tries to make big dick plays with a regular guy dick. If he ever learns to just play within himself and read the game he could easily develop into a Tannehill type, but I don't think he's ever going to be "white Russ" like people were saying a while back. If you give him a dominant run game and just let him hit play action shots and occasionally scramble for a td or first down then I think he has plenty of talent and has certainly shown a high enough ceiling to win a super bowl. Basically if he's what we have to worry about then I'm not scared at all, but if he's the third or fourth thing we need to stop then he becomes terrifying.
Cocteau Twins

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2022, 02:57:02 PM »
Disappointing year for Cleveland however what's new. Baker's a tough guy for playing hurt however not worth it for losing record. Pretty shocked about the Brian Flores fire. The two spectrums of him losing 7 straight then winning seven straight makes me think he would be a perfect underdog deep playoff run in the future

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sucks they left SD. I’ll never not associate them with San Diego… but Herbert is the truth. That last drive and TD to force ot was a thing of beauty. Not sure about the timeout call however..The colts though. Your playoff destiny in your hands only to lose to the jags. Yikes.
My confession is I love PTI & Around the Horn. So funny how many shows they still reference as San Diego Chargers then immediately say like or whatever they call themselves nowadays. Yeah Colts imploding shocking. Rooting for Eagles, Bengals, & Titans this playoffs

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sucks they left SD. I’ll never not associate them with San Diego… but Herbert is the truth. That last drive and TD to force ot was a thing of beauty. Not sure about the timeout call however..The colts though. Your playoff destiny in your hands only to lose to the jags. Yikes.
[close]
My confession is I love PTI & Around the Horn. So funny how many shows they still reference as San Diego Chargers then immediately say like or whatever they call themselves nowadays. Yeah Colts imploding shocking. Rooting for Eagles, Bengals, & Titans this playoffs

Pardon my take also still call them San Diego chargers too. I'm glad they can't fucking hurt me anymore though

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2022, 05:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I love PTI.. around the horn was pretty good too. But PTI was one of the last remaining shows I’d watch on ESPN before cutting cable..

I saw that ever since Indy fans booed Luck announcing his retirement, the colts haven’t won a play off game lol

Jumping on the bengals bandwagon..

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2022, 06:16:58 AM »
Honestly have not watched an NFL game since Peyton's last Super Bowl, but if the Packers or Raiders (I know not this year) win, I am happy

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2022, 06:33:33 AM »
Well the Bears fuckin sucked this year, glad they’re cleaning house. Hope whoever takes over can help Fields become a hood nfl qb.

Anywho I’m goin for the Bills in the playoffs, my gf is a huge fan and who doesn’t love the mafia? They were pretty inconsistent in the regular season but can beat any team on the right day.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2022, 08:48:32 PM »
The Texans are tweeting “we just completed our interview with coach XYZ” lol… so embarrassing.. i do feel bad for David Culley, but he’s walking away with 22 mill? To sit at home.

Fuck i sure hope they decide on Brian Flores though

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2022, 11:23:21 AM »
The Texans are tweeting “we just completed our interview with coach XYZ” lol… so embarrassing.. i do feel bad for David Culley, but he’s walking away with 22 mill? To sit at home.

Fuck i sure hope they decide on Brian Flores though

Oh no, the Texans are embarrassing themselves? Color me surprised. Most nfl teams are run by complete morons. So many dumpster fire teams t this year

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2022, 05:18:46 PM »

Lol

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2022, 07:09:38 PM »
Buffalo is putting on a fuckin clinic right now, holy shit.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2022, 07:44:07 PM »
Smoking the pats. Mac Jones looks good, but he's gonna need time to grow

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2022, 08:01:07 PM »
I definitely wasn’t expecting him to be arguably the best QB of this draft… granted he went into a decent situation with solid coaching

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2022, 10:20:24 AM »
Life is good gents. 3 straight days of playoff games. 
Be amazing  if Philly wins. Happy the Bills won. Shocked Belichick got beat down like that. Josh Allen 21-25, 308 yards with 5TD & 66 yards rushing. WOW     

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2022, 04:59:07 PM »
Lmao wow…. What an ending to this 9ers cowboys game

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2022, 05:54:21 PM »
Lmao wow…. What an ending to this 9ers cowboys game
Pretty insane, can't wait to watch PTI on Monday lol. In hindsight, easy  for everyone to say major mental lapse & ref needs to touch the ball first. Real time different story, chaos & one of the announcers even said the ref got in the way

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2022, 05:56:14 PM »
Should've been over the right after Deebo got that 1st down that was pushed back to 4th & inches. Seeing the crying Cowboys fans in the stands was beautiful.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2022, 06:04:50 PM »
Should've been over the right after Deebo got that 1st down that was pushed back to 4th & inches. Seeing the crying Cowboys fans in the stands was beautiful.
Deebo is a beast. No doubt he got that 1st down. Really hope someone makes a gif of that pretty fan crying , want to make it my sig