Author Topic: 2021-22 NFL Season  (Read 6818 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
Re: 2021-22 NFL Season
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2022, 03:01:45 PM »
Unpopular opinion, love Baker Mayfield. Think he still holds the ability to be a successful franchise qb. He played through so many injuries this season however kind of waste because underperformed. New team spark a resurgence

I feel the same, come shine now that you're wiping that browns shit off your shoes

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2022, 03:08:21 PM »
Also Jacksonville's moves are hilariously inept as usual. Splashing out for Christian Kirk and Zay Jones while you let DJ Chark (who I rate higher than both) walk
Christian Kirk terrorized my fantasy team all season. Every time I started him, a dud. Then of course when I don’t, Kirk put up ridiculous numbers every time.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2022, 03:09:36 PM »
Chark playing with Amon st Ra is very interesting for Detroit though

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2022, 03:41:23 PM »
230 mil guaranteed over 5 years? Yeah you can have him. You've basically locked yourself into either winning a SB in the next few seasons or being fucked for a decade. I like Watson and he sees the game incredibly well, but he's also been my dynasty starter since his rookie year so I've watched far more Texans games than I care to admit and a lot (I'm hesitant to say a majority without looking it up but it's a lot) of the stats he put up he did while playing from behind or in full on garbage time mode. I can't count how many times I'd be freaking out because he was on 10 fp going into the 4th and then he'd suddenly have 200 yards and 2 tds after the game was decided.

So the way I see it they have like a 2-3 year window to win the big one unless they massively step up their draft game. They're not going to be able to spend on skill positions and I think Chubbs deal starts to really pay more on the back end. Its basically the inverse situation of how the chargers and jags can splash out on players they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. And Watson will still be in his prime when this contract ends so if he's even remotely successful he's going to be even more expensive down the line.

I think this either works right away or Cleveland has to go right back into rebuild mode. And Watson has about 3 rings to go before people start taking a serious discount or foregoing money elsewhere to play with him like TB.

I will say what probably scares me more than anything about playing in the same division is Cooper. I've always liked guys like him that don't get a ton of hype but just quietly put up top 10 numbers year in and year out. It's going to be interesting to see how he fares playing in the cold, outdoor world of the AFC north but his strong fundamentals and great hands pair really nicely with Watson's style in theory.

Also, fuck you Juju. Have fun being the new Byron Pringle.

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2022, 04:05:23 PM »
Wouldn’t be shocked if Deshaun used the Baker thing to his advantage.

I don’t even care the Texans got a pretty weak haul in comparison to the Wilson trade. On top of being a sexual predator, his no trade clause hurt their leverage. I thought for sure Atlanta was gonna be the team. Cleveland got desperate it seems like? All in i guess…

r/Browns are having a meltdown and rightfully so.

I kinda feel bad for Matt Ryan in all of this. The falcons shat all over him.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2022, 05:22:30 PM »
Holy shit! I did not see that coming.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2022, 05:51:24 PM »
Wouldn’t be shocked if Deshaun used the Baker thing to his advantage.

I don’t even care the Texans got a pretty weak haul in comparison to the Wilson trade. On top of being a sexual predator, his no trade clause hurt their leverage. I thought for sure Atlanta was gonna be the team. Cleveland got desperate it seems like? All in i guess…

r/Browns are having a meltdown and rightfully so.

I kinda feel bad for Matt Ryan in all of this. The falcons shat all over him.

Dude they got 3 first rounders, a third, and a fourth from a perennial under performer (so typically prime picks) for a player that was never going to see the field for them again. I would say they did pretty good.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2022, 06:48:58 PM »
Dude compared to what Atlanta and Carolina had on the table (draft capital AND young talent coming back), it’s weak. But yes all things considering it is what it is. He hasn’t played in almost 2 years and could be facing a suspension.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2022, 07:58:52 PM »
I'm just so glad we didn't lose ceedee.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2022, 12:07:48 AM »
Dude compared to what Atlanta and Carolina had on the table (draft capital AND young talent coming back), it’s weak. But yes all things considering it is what it is. He hasn’t played in almost 2 years and could be facing a suspension.

Where are you hearing that? Everything I've heard is that Cleveland came in last minute after initially being rejected with a deal that blew everyone else's away and even started a temporary bidding war before it became clear they were just willing to give up more to get him. Honestly it sounds like the Baker drama only strengthened their resolve to replace him and they upped the offer. Do you honestly think that Houston trades him to a team they're going to likely be battling for wildcard spots (remember what division Cleveland plays in) over someone in the NFC if they weren't getting back more than they would from anyone else?

Its difficult for most people to accurately evaluate a deal like this vs say the Wilson one because there's no opportunity cost involved. You're not negotiating with someone you're actually depriving of having that player play for and everyone is aware of it. You can't look at that one and go "oh but they got a backup qb and always injured draft bust TE with their picks so they did better". It's not the same thing. 3 firsts has been the rumored asking price for Watson since day one, and they got that and then some.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2022, 04:12:22 AM »
From what i heard (sports radio), he said no to Carolina and Cleveland. It was down to Atlanta and New Orleans with Nola in the driver seat. Then he wanted the Guaranteed money to which both teams said no. Cleveland came back in at the last minute and agreed to those demands. Atlanta was giving picks and AJ Terrell. Not sure what players Carolina was offering. Could all be smoke.

Of course now seeing as how Cleveland won’t likely be very good next season, the deal is much better then what i first thought. So yeah you’re right on that. When you also consider he’s tore both ACLs, the off field shit (which who knows if more will surface), and apparently went to the Texans right before the lawsuits wanting to restructure his newly signed deal to get near what Maholmes got.. plus playing in the Cleveland weather vs a dome.

Again in hindsight, this is probably the best case scenario for both parties.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2022, 09:53:24 AM »
Also RIP John Clayton… one of the better espn NFL reporters

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2022, 11:02:12 AM »
Also RIP John Clayton… one of the better espn NFL reporters

Love that clip. John Clayton was the man. Loved his tone & delivery whenever reporting

cky enthusiast

« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2022, 06:12:17 PM »
go birds

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 984
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2022, 08:28:26 PM »
take it to the ornithology thread buddy

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2022, 04:17:26 AM »
John Clayton was amazing, so informed and funny. He used to do radio spots on Buffalo sports radio back in the bills real down years (most of history) and I always looked forward to his spot
RIP
Go bills, Josh Allen is the best

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2022, 10:32:17 AM »
Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins?! Doesn’t make sense to me. This has to be the most insane off season ever right?

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins?! Doesn’t make sense to me. This has to be the most insane off season ever right?
Not to mention they gave a king's ransom in picks and paid him a ton.  These teams need to stop fucking up the wide receiver market, the Vikings are going to have to pay Jefferson when he's off his rookie deal.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2022, 01:57:51 PM »

It seriously is. I wonder if him injuring himself being a bouncy jackass and potentially fucking up their offensive game plan had anything to do with it. There's definitely been times he's been a pouty bitch because he wasn't getting the ball too, so Reid might have figured he's more hassle than he's worth and been confident he can replace him in his offense.

I feel like he's not going to be nearly as productive with Tua, especially since they utterly failed to integrate Jakeem Grant (kind of a poor man's tyreek... A very poor man) into the offense in any meaningful way. Also what does this mean for Waddle and his massive target share? Either they just run tyreek deep and waddle has 150 underneath catches or Tua massively improves his deep ball and play extending skills because otherwise I'm not sure he's going to be nearly as impactful as he was in KC.

KC on the other hand cleared a contract and got plenty of picks to replace him in a year with a TON of promising WR talent. I'm wondering if they'll use that low first rounder on Jahan Dotson if he's there or if they'll look for a bigger guy and move Hardman into the tyreek routes. If Juju is healthy he'll be their strong fundamentals possession receiver and will probably line up inside for underneath routes or because he's a good blocker on outside runs, so I could definitely see them going after a big fast dude on the outside. Kind of that DK/julio/chase Claypool freakish athleticism/size win every jump ball types... There's a couple of those that are getting some hype. Christian Watson ran a 4.3 at 6'5 208 so you know every coach thats been in the league long enough to have been torched by Randy Moss has to have their eye on him.

Any mock draft up to this point needs to get blown up and totally redone now haha.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2022, 03:18:17 PM »
I haven't even thought of trying to run mocks rn. I'm not gonna do anything until a week or so after the nfl draft to see where some of these young WRs land. I have no fucking clue who to draft this upcoming season. It's gonna be completely insane

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2022, 05:16:43 PM »
I'm glad we resigned jameis but I'm not gonna lie, i really wanted baker

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2022, 05:45:21 PM »
I know Baker has had moments of arrogance, but the media acts like he cannot play football or something. The guy is certainly a decent starter. At minimum a stop gap until you can draft a QB.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2022, 05:47:30 PM »
I know Baker has had moments of arrogance, but the media acts like he cannot play football or something. The guy is certainly a decent starter. At minimum a stop gap until you can draft a QB.

He definitely gets called out way too much. It's not like he's the only arrogant qb in the league

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2022, 06:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He definitely gets called out way too much. It's not like he's the only arrogant qb in the league
Be stoked to see Baker play for the Seahawks.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2022, 11:02:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its the commercials. They run them every fucking break during the games. I just want to choke his smug little hose holding ass.

I'd take him over Trubiskey in a heartbeat though.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2022, 04:10:11 AM »
I liked baker coming out of college, but after a few years as a pro,  he doesn't have "it", I don't think any of the Miami qbs will be able to get the deep  ball to Tyreek Hilll. He's gonna have to catch a lot of 10 yard slats and break the defence, but the deep ball was a huge part of his game.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2022, 11:29:55 PM »
So the Arians thing... That has to be because of Brady right? Like that must have been one of his conditions to come back. When the news of his retirement broke there were persistent rumors that it was just a power play to either get out of Tampa or get control of the team, so that looks to be the case. Move him to a cushy office job and pay him off so he doesn't raise a stink about management picking a player over a coach.

This is all going to be so much sweeter when Brady breaks his hip week 1.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #237 on: April 01, 2022, 01:09:59 PM »
Unpopular opinion, love Baker Mayfield. Think he still holds the ability to be a successful franchise qb. He played through so many injuries this season however kind of waste because underperformed. New team spark a resurgence

I’m with you on this one too. Very curious to see where he lands.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2022, 03:15:58 PM »
So the Arians thing... That has to be because of Brady right? Like that must have been one of his conditions to come back. When the news of his retirement broke there were persistent rumors that it was just a power play to either get out of Tampa or get control of the team, so that looks to be the case. Move him to a cushy office job and pay him off so he doesn't raise a stink about management picking a player over a coach.

This is all going to be so much sweeter when Brady breaks his hip week 1.

That is exactly what happened…There’s been dysfunction since tommy got to Tampa it seems like..

I’m team Arians on this one.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2022, 04:03:31 AM »
Just when we thought it couldn't get any weirder this offseason, now they're investigating Washington for cooking their books and not sharing their ticket money. If there's anything even remotely true about this story then Dan Snyder has to be done right? The NFL will tolerate systemic racism, harassment, and generally being a dick to your fanbase for decades but as soon as you fuck with the money you're toast.