Author Topic: How to move Ollie patch  (Read 730 times)

RottenToTheCore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
How to move Ollie patch
« on: September 18, 2021, 05:56:06 AM »
Hey anyone know what my foot placement for ollies should be if I want to move the Ollie patch further towards the toe?

Currently my Ollie patch is in the one place on my shoe without suede.

Red circle is current Ollie patch and blue is where I want it to be, weird question but if anyone has a good answer I’d appreciate it.

Blueabyssofthisss

Re: How to move Ollie patch
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 09:30:43 AM »
Don’t try. You’ll just start doing heelflips and mess your ollies up

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 11:41:09 AM »
Skate on your toes. Do ollies more like a push than a kick.

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 03:08:48 AM »
Trying to change the way you skate based on one pair of shoes with a week spot seems like a bad idea to me. I'd just try to get shoes better suited to your ollie style in future. A lot of it's based on the shape of your feet anyway, not necessarily your technique

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 03:59:21 AM »
Trying to change the way you skate based on one pair of shoes with a week spot seems like a bad idea to me. I'd just try to get shoes better suited to your ollie style in future. A lot of it's based on the shape of your feet anyway, not necessarily your technique

Didn’t think about the shape thing

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 05:06:45 AM »
Perhaps a pair of D3’s.  They’d survive a direct hit with a tomahawk missile and will laugh in the face of your ollie.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 04:58:43 PM »
The first thing I do with new skate shoes is use super glue on any stitching areas that I know I will wear from skating.  Then use shoe goo as needed in areas that wear out after that.

I can see on those Half Cabs it is the stitching that is coming undone more so than the shoe wearing out, which causes any and every shoe to fall apart, no matter what brand, or how well it is made.

Sure some shoes have better areas of support / stitched areas than others, but as you are pointing out, different people wear their shoes in different areas.

With all these new Vans shoes (and Pro lines before them) the side foxing rubber area that holds the sole to the upper suede sits pretty high, so that will often take more of the wear than a lower side, but in turn you can also move your feet in different ways so the wear will be different, eg not wear out the usual ollie area, as the foxing rubber side takes care of that, but the shoe will also wear up above that more, as per your shoe.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »
The first thing I do with new skate shoes is use super glue on any stitching areas that I know I will wear from skating.  Then use shoe goo as needed in areas that wear out after that.

I can see on those Half Cabs it is the stitching that is coming undone more so than the shoe wearing out, which causes any and every shoe to fall apart, no matter what brand, or how well it is made.

Sure some shoes have better areas of support / stitched areas than others, but as you are pointing out, different people wear their shoes in different areas.

With all these new Vans shoes (and Pro lines before them) the side foxing rubber area that holds the sole to the upper suede sits pretty high, so that will often take more of the wear than a lower side, but in turn you can also move your feet in different ways so the wear will be different, eg not wear out the usual ollie area, as the foxing rubber side takes care of that, but the shoe will also wear up above that more, as per your shoe.

Thanks!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 11:44:24 AM »
Dude…..how do you set up to ollie? I don’t understand how there is wear everywhere else on the shoe besides where it should be? I understand shoe goo where your flick is taking place, but it almost looks like you are bringing your toes in to ollie and that’s why the most wear is on the back of the shoe. I’m not sure, maybe an explanation or video of how you set up to do an Ollie would help to understand why there is so much wear on the back quarter of the shoe
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 12:01:20 AM »
Dude…..how do you set up to ollie? I don’t understand how there is wear everywhere else on the shoe besides where it should be? I understand shoe goo where your flick is taking place, but it almost looks like you are bringing your toes in to ollie and that’s why the most wear is on the back of the shoe. I’m not sure, maybe an explanation or video of how you set up to do an Ollie would help to understand why there is so much wear on the back quarter of the shoe

I don’t understand either, I’ve always thought I set up “normally”, I’ll film an Ollie in slow mo and see.