Author Topic: KING OF MACBA 4!  (Read 26933 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: KING OF MACBA 4!
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »
Wow. I already didn't like Jorge's vibe but that was the nail in the kook coffin right there. If your hand was so hurt you probably wouldn't use the same hand to grab your board by the trucks and huck it. What a chump.

Why don’t you like his vibe? Not trying to be his white knight but he’s a pretty down to earth and friendly dude…
As everyone said already, they literally explain in the comments that he hurt his wrist and got cut in a shard of glass… I don’t see any other reason for him to not continue the match.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2021, 01:36:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow. I already didn't like Jorge's vibe but that was the nail in the kook coffin right there. If your hand was so hurt you probably wouldn't use the same hand to grab your board by the trucks and huck it. What a chump.
[close]

Why don’t you like his vibe? Not trying to be his white knight but he’s a pretty down to earth and friendly dude…
As everyone said already, they literally explain in the comments that he hurt his wrist and got cut in a shard of glass… I don’t see any other reason for him to not continue the match.

My dislike is totally undeserved - sometimes you just don’t like the look of people, you know? But also, like I said, if his hand was really hurt I doubt he’d use the same hand to grab his board by the trucks and throw it. In general, I’m not down for people who spazz under any circumstance, especially in a public plaza full of other people, and especially during a game of SKATE. It’s immature. You can easily continue a game of SKATE with a sore hand, lol. I’ve slammed way harder than that and kept playing.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2021, 03:15:33 PM »
Was his next trick going to be a handplant?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2021, 06:12:47 PM »
Maybe he got a call from Carlos Riberio?!

Must be the case.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
Was his next trick going to be a handplant?
LMFAO!
ableSkateMag.com

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2021, 06:26:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My dislike is totally undeserved - sometimes you just don’t like the look of people, you know? But also, like I said, if his hand was really hurt I doubt he’d use the same hand to grab his board by the trucks and throw it. In general, I’m not down for people who spazz under any circumstance, especially in a public plaza full of other people, and especially during a game of SKATE. It’s immature. You can easily continue a game of SKATE with a sore hand, lol. I’ve slammed way harder than that and kept playing.

This.

A grown adult throwing a tantrum is never a good look. Especially in public.

Rage-quitting a televised contest is a whole other level of immaturity.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2021, 07:16:05 PM »
Looked like he kinda just bitched out from what I saw.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

conqueso

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2021, 07:33:08 PM »
kooky AF. he looks fine in the end clip.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This.

A grown adult throwing a tantrum is never a good look. Especially in public.

Rage-quitting a televised contest is a whole other level of immaturity.

If the injury is legit, I don't see anything wrong with him quitting, but choosing to include that clip of him tossing his board afterwards is in poor taste by the filmer and organizer. They could have just cut to black and gone to announce the winner.

In last years Grinds and Slides of of the finalist had a nasty arm injury and they cut to black, no shame in bowing out because of an injury.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2021, 11:20:54 PM »
Wow... Blake Johnson is fucking incredible... I tend to always forget that before watching him for whatever reason.

Blake Johnson is fucking beast. Never forget.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2021, 11:26:19 PM »
Too bad the game got cut short. Nassim with the first try switch flip over the wall, holy hell. Him against Tiago should be a good one.

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2021, 12:09:00 AM »
For what it is worth, I've hung with Jorge for a few weeks here and there and he is super friendly to everyone and always happy.
I actually knew him to say hello to for years before but was always a bit wary as he has whatever the male version of Resting Bitch Face is called. He just naturally looks like he is in a mood when I think it is just him being focussed...

He came across as fine here right up until the editor included him tossing his board. That was odd to include. I don't know why they didn't just have him quickly explain on camera what had gone on.

I do know that this was shot while on a Plan B filming trip so he was probably pretty bummed at hurting his bad wrist/getting glass in his hand and putting a more important mission into jeopardy.

If I were him, I'd be pretty bummed at the organisers for not sweeping that shit out. I mean, that part has been hit in every single game so far...

JohnBolton

• Rep: -44
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2021, 12:24:01 AM »
If you think it’s kooky to get angry and throwing your board after hurting your wrist. You’re the kook

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2021, 12:43:21 AM »
The editor left the raging board smash so we could all hear the subsequent
“All right boys, I’m done” via the wireless mic. It’s storytelling mannn
ableSkateMag.com

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2021, 01:06:09 AM »
Yeah, that looked like rage quitting, but I did read the comment - not that many people will. Didn't know Nasim had it like that, dude is insane.

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2021, 01:22:58 AM »
The editor left the raging board smash so we could all hear the subsequent
“All right boys, I’m done” via the wireless mic. It’s storytelling mannn

Thats what I mean though...coulda cut that and had Jorge explain why he's done.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2021, 01:46:32 AM »
For what it is worth, I've hung with Jorge for a few weeks here and there and he is super friendly to everyone and always happy.
I actually knew him to say hello to for years before but was always a bit wary as he has whatever the male version of Resting Bitch Face is called. He just naturally looks like he is in a mood when I think it is just him being focussed...

He came across as fine here right up until the editor included him tossing his board. That was odd to include. I don't know why they didn't just have him quickly explain on camera what had gone on.

I do know that this was shot while on a Plan B filming trip so he was probably pretty bummed at hurting his bad wrist/getting glass in his hand and putting a more important mission into jeopardy.

If I were him, I'd be pretty bummed at the organisers for not sweeping that shit out. I mean, that part has been hit in every single game so far...

Jorge's the homie, so I just DM'd him like a man and he just said that he got broke on that bail.
I think people are reading too much into it... He's not stupid, no reason for him to just quit cause he's angry. He regularly skates comps, it's not his first time dealing with competition pressure and it's not like he was doing bad either.
Like @KDP said, he probably didn't want to risk seriously hurting his wrist cause he has other priorities.

While I agree that throwing your board around is a bit extra, I've seen a lot worse from the friendliest people so that doesn't make automatically a kook...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

anthonym

• Rep: -21
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVhVS7-klFw

Solid skating from both dudes. Thoroughly enjoyed this one!
R.I.P. Boardertown - Oakland, CA

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2021, 10:32:50 AM »
Again, first try flip tricks on the 3 blocs is crazy

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2021, 11:46:46 AM »
This might be my fav so far this year. Marek definitely earned some respect by insisting he re-do that trick even after the judge gave it to him. Great game!

BugleBites

« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2021, 12:02:35 PM »
Marek just showed how Jorge should have handled his situation - take a letter if your opponent does something you're worried about getting hurt on. You can easily still keep playing and there's a good chance the other guy wouldn't make you try huge shit once he realizes you're now playing with a minor boo boo ... and if he does, take the letter. You don't skate on your hands. No matter what Jorge's excuse is, him throwing his board with his "injured" hand shows it wasn't injured very badly, just superficial. You don't throw a board with the wrist you just injured unless it was very minor.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2021, 12:03:04 PM »
super sick. both of these guys are incredible.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2021, 12:47:16 PM »
How sick of a name is Alex Amor?  Rolls right off the tongue and everything.

This is so superior to batb it’s not even funny

Monica looking like an Amazonian sex warrior princess.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 12:58:26 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2021, 01:24:36 PM »

I'd totally let Monica kill me - the Snu Snu tribe way...

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2021, 01:46:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd totally let Monica kill me - the Snu Snu tribe way...

Straight to horny jail, both of you

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2021, 02:01:01 PM »
the poor man just threw his board once because he got hurt wtf are you all on about, that's not even a tantrum. Seems like everyone in this thread is an exemplar skater/human and never acted out in their life or made a fool out themself (wich is not even the case in the video).

hope you guys never watch Jerry hsu stay gold part, you might get triggered

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2021, 02:25:26 PM »
Marek just showed how Jorge should have handled his situation - take a letter if your opponent does something you're worried about getting hurt on. You can easily still keep playing and there's a good chance the other guy wouldn't make you try huge shit once he realizes you're now playing with a minor boo boo ... and if he does, take the letter. You don't skate on your hands. No matter what Jorge's excuse is, him throwing his board with his "injured" hand shows it wasn't injured very badly, just superficial. You don't throw a board with the wrist you just injured unless it was very minor.

You’re still on this topic? He wasn’t worried about getting hurt, he got hurt on that bail you dingus. You can fall on your wrist trying the simplest shit and make it worse, and he didn’t wanted to risk it… Also throwing your board right after doesn’t make it a superficial injury. I rolled my ankle 2 weeks ago and kept skating, cause I was still warm. Later that day I could barely walk. Seems like dudes need to start posting their X-rays and injury reports so they can stop living rent free in your head.

On other note, that Marek vs Alex game fucking ruled! People are so good at skateboarding these days  :o

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »
Calls a redo, then looks seductive.

BugleBites

« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2021, 03:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’re still on this topic? He wasn’t worried about getting hurt, he got hurt on that bail you dingus. You can fall on your wrist trying the simplest shit and make it worse, and he didn’t wanted to risk it… Also throwing your board right after doesn’t make it a superficial injury. I rolled my ankle 2 weeks ago and kept skating, cause I was still warm. Later that day I could barely walk. Seems like dudes need to start posting their X-rays and injury reports so they can stop living rent free in your head.

On other note, that Marek vs Alex game fucking ruled! People are so good at skateboarding these days  :o

I know that - my phrasing could be a bit confusing but what I meant is if he was worried about falling on it again, he could just take a letter if a trick later on seemed risky. I'm not trying to make dude out to be some unredeemable asshole, just got rubbed the wrong way by that behavior. I've straight up abandoned friends who acted that way in the past, so I'm not gonna give someone I don't even know a break for it. Throwing your board with a hand you supposedly just hurt too bad to continue a game is like focussing your board with the ankle you just rolled. Your own analogy suggests he could have just kept playing. I'm sure dude isn't a dick, but I'll stand by my assertion that his actions were a bad look. Laugh it off, stick to mellower shit the rest of the game, I'm sure other dude would have been down to stay away from big shit from that point on, you could tell he was sympathetic at the end. ;)

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2021, 04:54:04 PM »
jesus let it go it's not that big a deal