Author Topic: Pros milking it  (Read 10241 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
Re: Pros milking it
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 01:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pisses me off. In case anybody doesn't know, the scientific community agrees that milk is absolutely NOT good for you. Not for your bones or anything else. Fuck this shit. Stop exploiting animals

I normally avoid this topic on the interwebs but yes.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »
Does Cooper Wilt still have a deck out?
Was confused/astounded to learn, YES, he does.
He must have some incriminating photos of Rodney executing a not-fully-wrapped impossible, or something.
I haven’t seen footage from dude in so long that I can’t remember if I had forgotten about him ever existing, or I thought he had died, THAT’s how long it’s been since he’s entered my thoughts.
Either way, that guy seems like he’s achieved National Dairy Council status.
Bravo, Mr. Wilt!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Loki700

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »
Pisses me off. In case anybody doesn't know, the scientific community agrees that milk is absolutely NOT good for you. Not for your bones or anything else. Fuck this shit. Stop exploiting animals
” The totality of available scientific evidence supports that intake of milk and dairy products contribute to meet nutrient recommendations, and may protect against the most prevalent chronic diseases, whereas very few adverse effects have been reported.”

It’s good for you in that it has nutrients, and drinking it has no negative side effects.  If you’re going to claim something about the scientific consensus, it helps to actually check the scientific consensus.

Back on topic:
Gator.  Dude hasn’t put out anything new since the early 90s, and the bit of street he tried was awful. Baffling the dude still has his name on a deck.
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 03:50:05 PM »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
” The totality of available scientific evidence supports that intake of milk and dairy products contribute to meet nutrient recommendations, and may protect against the most prevalent chronic diseases, whereas very few adverse effects have been reported.”

It’s good for you in that it has nutrients, and drinking it has no negative side effects.  If you’re going to claim something about the scientific consensus, it helps to actually check the scientific consensus.

Back on topic:
Gator.  Dude hasn’t put out anything new since the early 90s, and the bit of street he tried was awful. Baffling the dude still has his name on a deck.

agreed. gator’s street skating and lack of footage are definitely grounds for dismissal. i can’t think of anything else he’s done that would warrant it

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2021, 04:41:29 PM »
What’s the deal with almond milk?  I didn’t even know they had udders!!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Loki700

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 06:22:32 PM »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »
Marc Johnson is in that weird state where you can't say he's milking it but he's not putting out any footage either.

MJ literally started his own brand and regardless how you feel about it, it has nothing to do with milking it. He is doing his own shit. It’s the antithesis of milking it.

AxionCityStars

• Rep: -27
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »
Chris Roberts is thee worst. Dude has done absolutely nothing for years.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2021, 07:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I love all the crail dudes but like half their camp should just go. They're the main ones that come to mind
Baker cleaned house and did what they had to do. Not sure why they can't either. Unless you're doing an Appleyard and still producing full parts being nearly 20 years and change into the game then it's time to go. Let somebody else shine.
[close]

Mark hasn't been been on vacation mode for over a decade. One mediocre globe part?.

Dont get ne wrong apple is a king of style and hes parts are amazing but he a vacation dude.

When did that element part come out? Appleyard will always get a pass from me, I won’t buy an element board with his name on it, but I’m down for someone giving him a paycheck to film “vacation” skateboarding….lol
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Brguy

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 09:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Marc Johnson is in that weird state where you can't say he's milking it but he's not putting out any footage either.
[close]

MJ literally started his own brand and regardless how you feel about it, it has nothing to do with milking it. He is doing his own shit. It’s the antithesis of milking it.
I said he wasn't milking it. He's also not all that you say, sure he started his brand, he started it and didn't even tried to make a proper team or put out some footage to rep it, like it or not he's riding his legacy just like someone who's milking it, difference is he's went solo in using his fame instead of just taking some paychecks and not doing anything.

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 11:22:54 PM »
I love all the crail dudes but like half their camp should just go. They're the main ones that come to mind
Baker cleaned house and did what they had to do. Not sure why they can't either. Unless you're doing an Appleyard and still producing full parts being nearly 20 years and change into the game then it's time to go. Let somebody else shine.
My take is Crail was established partly because after seeing Hensley & SLB prematurely retired on Plan B they didn't want the same fate. Sadly it seems they became the polar opposite where there is no need to be productive with cutting edge new footage and your bloard will still run just off your legacy alone. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My take is Crail was established partly because after seeing Hensley & SLB prematurely retired on Plan B they didn't want the same fate. Sadly it seems they became the polar opposite where there is no need to be productive with cutting edge new footage and your bloard will still run just off your legacy alone.

Crail must have a tenure track or is laundering money through these guys. 

There’s a vast difference between Justin Eldridge having a board and MJ not having a board.    I would still buy MJ shit because he was my favorite skater, is a top 5 skaters, and was consistently awesome for 20 something years.   A bunch fit in that category.   People like them and want to support them.    Eldridge was a blip on the radar, lasted about as long as a Scott Kane, but sponsored up smartly enough that he’s still in the industry

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 12:20:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

There’s a vast difference between Justin Eldridge having a board and MJ not having a board.    I would still buy MJ shit because he was my favorite skater, is a top 5 skaters, and was consistently awesome for 20 something years.   A bunch fit in that category.   People like them and want to support them.    Eldridge was a blip on the radar, lasted about as long as a Scott Kane, but sponsored up smartly enough that he’s still in the industry

Are they actually still making Justin Eldridge boards ? Jesus
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 12:24:27 AM »
MJ is either #5 or #6 for me. When he parted ways with Chocolate, I snatched up every MJ Chocolate deck I could find. Some are cooler than others, but just to have them is enough.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2021, 03:22:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Are they actually still making Justin Eldridge boards ? Jesus

He had a Nina Simone board somewhat recently.    Just like she would have wanted

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2021, 04:05:55 AM »
Do you think like this at your own job?

Slap on best buddies with the boss confirmed

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2021, 04:12:11 AM »
I thought Rick Howard actually had a deck with the phrase "milking it" on it and maybe an utter or pail of milk or something like that?  Anyone remember?  Anyone post it on the previous page which I'm too lazy to click on?

Loki700

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2021, 05:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

If MJ had decks that were pressed in the US (or Canada/Europe I suppose) I would exclusively skate his shit.  He's one of my favorites, if not my favorite.  Doesn't even matter to me if he's producing footage honestly.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2021, 07:40:48 AM »
Pros should skate from M-F, 8-5, with an hour for a lunch. No pee breaks, just wait for lunch time man

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2021, 07:42:40 AM »
If they don't wanna be accused of milking it and make 100k a year which isn't even that much they better start working like it's the 1920's.

chris

• Rep: 402
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2021, 10:30:29 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2021, 10:37:09 AM »
i got no problem with pros milking it - as i said in the other thread, what other career do you actually make less and less as you get more experience lol besides like pro sports , musicians, entertainers etc.  but your pay is like a normal persons salary in this case lol
ONTARIO CANADA

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
Jordan hasn't played ball in decades but people still love repping his products.
If the boards sell why not?
I think Ed still having a board on toy, rick Howard on girl, Jamie Thomas on zero, Cardiel anti hero etc all makes sense because they did so much for those companies and had a lasting impact that must still move product.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »
Jordan hasn't played ball in decades but people still love repping his products.
I think Ed still having a board on toy, rick Howard on girl, Jamie Thomas on zero, Cardiel anti hero etc all makes sense because they did so much for those companies and had a lasting impact that must still move product.
that’s true for the all time legend dudes like you named but for every one of those there’s 2 guys who were solid pros but are a lot more forgettable and still pro

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2021, 11:19:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that’s true for the all time legend dudes like you named but for every one of those there’s 2 guys who were solid pros but are a lot more forgettable and still pro
Yeah maybe but I feel like companies are generally pretty quick to let people go if their boards stop selling.

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2021, 12:33:59 PM »
If they don't wanna be accused of milking it and make 100k a year which isn't even that much they better start working like it's the 1920's.

Pros milking Ric Leonetti as a retirement plan

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -15
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2021, 12:40:40 PM »
Crob, its time too move on. Hes established himself in a different way now. No hate its just a hard milk. If youre like cardiel, lance or grosso obviously thats like jordan status and you should have a board forever but crob isnt in the boat.

Crob having a board is just Craig milking his notoriety as a podcast host (albeit, a pretty shitty one) and social media presence. Crob would probably be the first person to tell you he's retired.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
They do and you can also milk a cashew!

creep3000

• Rep: 2
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
 i guess these most pros ain't lactose intolerant.