Author Topic: donovan piscopo on chonkyness?  (Read 7053 times)

SR ACF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
donovan piscopo on chonkyness?
« on: September 19, 2021, 02:43:09 PM »
Not saying I hate it but definitely catching some Foy vibes in those latest insta clips. Plus are the outfits approaching Baca-level codifiers or am is that Dill in an undercut?

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
Re: donovan piscopo on chonkyness?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 03:18:18 PM »
I read somewhere that he got clean off pills and gained weight as a result of sober living. Not sure if it’s true, but if it is, I back it 100%, really hope homie is healthy and happy. I’m around 3 months sober from booze and coke and have gained like 15 pounds, so could be true.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 04:39:46 PM »
No adult under 200 pounds should be in a chonky category

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 05:11:45 PM »

*runs to jump on scale*

*checks chonkiness levels*

Me: Yes! Not chonky by 8 pounds!

*celebrates with an order of WingStop*

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 05:28:25 PM »
I just saw that clip today and thought he looked a little thiccc. Skating was on point though. Some questionable pants though.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 05:30:23 PM »
Waylon Bone has been posting a lot of him on his stories recently, so I think there is an Out There coming soon. Maybe he speaks about it in that? Could be a good cautionary tale.

UwU

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 05:52:09 PM »
The covid 15

fakie varial flip

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 06:19:08 PM »

Could not agree more. People act like foy is a miracle (as if bam never existed) because he isn't a malnourished alcoholic like everyone else. It's especially absurd when you can squat 400lbs but some kid at the skatepark is astonished you can boost frontside airs because youre "so heavy". God forbid a man have some connective tissue between his bones

Hotpocket

• Rep: -26
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 07:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could not agree more. People act like foy is a miracle (as if bam never existed) because he isn't a malnourished alcoholic like everyone else. It's especially absurd when you can squat 400lbs but some kid at the skatepark is astonished you can boost frontside airs because youre "so heavy". God forbid a man have some connective tissue between his bones

Gravity does exist and will use your weight against you . It’s obviously more complex than that but I’d say there’s an ideal BMI range that can attribute to you skating at your optimum level, no?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gravity does exist and will use your weight against you . It’s obviously more complex than that but I’d say there’s an ideal BMI range that can attribute to you skating at your optimum level, no?

I am a chonk.   

But people act like wenning, Foy, AA are fatsos when they’re just broad instead of wiry.   Don’t think it has anything to do with BMI really, just a body shape that isn’t conducive to fitting in Krew jeans

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 08:37:13 PM »
I read somewhere that he got clean off pills and gained weight as a result of sober living. Not sure if it’s true, but if it is, I back it 100%, really hope homie is healthy and happy. I’m around 3 months sober from booze and coke and have gained like 15 pounds, so could be true.
Congratulations my friend. 15 lbs is a small price to pay for that milestone.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 08:41:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I am a chonk.   

But people act like wenning, Foy, AA are fatsos when they’re just broad instead of wiry.   Don’t think it has anything to do with BMI really, just a body shape that isn’t conducive to fitting in Krew jeans

Yeah, yeah, save it for the Jenny Craig meeting, fatties.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 09:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get why anyone would think that, but if you think about judo players, olympic weightlifters, and ufc fighters it clearly has more to do with body composition than BMI.

Being overweight without sufficient muscle to stabilize and protect your joints can do harm to those joints, but just as equally, being underweight and relying solely on the joint tissue to negate all the trauma will destroy your joints.

All that said, being 20lbs heavier than when I was slightly underweight in college, I can ollie twice as high. I have far more power in my legs, core, and back than I did when I was just skin and bone.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2021, 09:26:07 PM »
Could be meds if it is a real sudden increase in chonk. I work with a dude who put on 45 pounds in 5 weeks from some new antidepressant and another dude had bulimia for like a year from his meds making him chonky. Or could just be that USA lifestyle where about 80% of people are overweight. Either way those pants are ridiculous.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2021, 10:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Congratulations my friend. 15 lbs is a small price to pay for that milestone.

Thanks for the love, Silky!

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2021, 11:05:53 PM »

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 11:23:12 PM »

Well done man. Went through the same myself a year ago
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 11:28:36 PM »
Great thread and even better observation. Please post footy and insta so we can keep tabs on your weight to make sure you're staying within the appropriate threshold

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 12:39:27 AM »

You gain weight from alcohol / coke withdrawal? Is it cause you have a bigger appetite after quitting?
Most of my friends that binge drink and do the sniff look like bloated corpses.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 12:52:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You gain weight from alcohol / coke withdrawal? Is it cause you have a bigger appetite after quitting?

Depends on how you do it.

I did it all day every day. Usually 5 out of 7 days in a week. When I was on it absolutely no appetite so I ate nothing.

Disgusting way to go through life.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 05:12:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I get why anyone would think that, but if you think about judo players, olympic weightlifters, and ufc fighters it clearly has more to do with body composition than BMI.

Being overweight without sufficient muscle to stabilize and protect your joints can do harm to those joints, but just as equally, being underweight and relying solely on the joint tissue to negate all the trauma will destroy your joints.

All that said, being 20lbs heavier than when I was slightly underweight in college, I can ollie twice as high. I have far more power in my legs, core, and back than I did when I was just skin and bone.

Im 6'4 at 290 pounds last year, real chonky boy coming back from injury. Spent the last year skating 3x a week eating well, stretching. My pants are falling off my body and im 2 shirt sizes smaller currently skating better then i did in my 20s (32 now)

I go to weigh myself and im 295 i dont understand it but i can almost bigflip now so theres that.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 05:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Im 6'4 at 290 pounds last year, real chonky boy coming back from injury. Spent the last year skating 3x a week eating well, stretching. My pants are falling off my body and im 2 shirt sizes smaller currently skating better then i did in my 20s (32 now)

I go to weigh myself and im 295 i dont understand it but i can almost bigflip now so theres that.

Weight is weird I got the opposite effect the numbers change but my body doesn't.
 I'm also a big guy 6'6 and years ago in my best shape i was probably 210-225 ranging from skinny healthy to proper healthy. I wore 2 or 3xl shirts and 36 pants. Then I got up to about maybe 280 fattest of my life still wore 2xl shirt and 36 pants. Now I'm about 220-230 but feel ten times worse than I did at my fattest and still wear 2 or 3xl shirts and 36 pants.

SR ACF

• Rep: -291
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 03:36:09 PM »
Great thread and even better observation. Please post footy and insta so we can keep tabs on your weight to make sure you're staying within the appropriate threshold

I'm 100kg and I skate a lot if not exactly gracefully. But I don't make a living posting documentation of it online. The public sphere is exactly that: public. And some innocent trashtalk gossip sure ain't below me.

On a different note shoutout to everybody on here who's gotten clean and stayed that way. Deep respect.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 03:46:51 PM »
 Dono fucking rips

http://youtu.be/9lHgIyn81i4
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 08:06:36 PM »
All-chonk team

Fred Gall
Jamie Foy
Rob G
Bobby Worrest
Donovan Piscopo
Stu Graham
Kyle Leeper
Ed Templeton (current)
Salman Agah
Brian Wenning
Andrew Allen

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 08:28:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Again, depends on how you do it.

7 years ago I had 'dad bod', drank myself to sleep every night & ate garbage.

After I quit, i lost 30-40 pounds w/in a few months just off the water weight & not eating greasy shit constantly.... that & having the motivation to do more than skate to the liquor store n back, only.

Depends on the habits the the addict & which substance you're abusing.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 09:42:06 PM »
Eh whatever, people gain weight. He still looks like he’s in a healthy range.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 10:04:48 PM »
Everybody loves a little thiccness
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 09:18:14 AM »
All-chonk team

Fred Gall
Jamie Foy
Rob G
Bobby Worrest
Donovan Piscopo
Stu Graham
Kyle Leeper
Ed Templeton (current)
Salman Agah
Brian Wenning
Andrew Allen

Casper counts?
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Depends on how you do it.

I did it all day every day. Usually 5 out of 7 days in a week. When I was on it absolutely no appetite so I ate nothing.

Disgusting way to go through life.

Yup same here. Would eat something small during the day then start drinking in the afternoon and once that happens you need blow. Cycle repeats. I would still probably consume enough calories to function but it’s fucked when most of it comes from 20+ shots of Jameson and whatever beer is laying around