Author Topic: Jeff Dechesare’s Upstream Part  (Read 6708 times)

phlap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Jeff Dechesare’s Upstream Part
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2021, 07:50:21 AM »
Jeff's style is like the skateboarding equivalent of drunken fist.

Shit's amazing to watch.
-Summer of George-

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2021, 08:28:07 AM »
why do I feel like someone from my past that quit skating in '06 will send me this part out of the blue saying some shit like "u seen this bro? Crazy. u still skatin bro?"

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »
why do I feel like someone from my past that quit skating in '06 will send me this part out of the blue saying some shit like "u seen this bro? Crazy. u still skatin bro?"

So relatable it hurts

somefucker

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2021, 09:52:21 AM »
Hey! Thanks for the feedback on the part guys. I noticed some of you had some questions. Send me a DM on Instagram @jeffdechesare and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Im not really on here much anymore.

Unblock me and I will

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2021, 09:53:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's mindboggling how he has this much board control and has skated for this long but can't seem to flick or jump properly. I really want to see a clip of him just jumping on his feet as high as he can, maybe that would clear things up a bit. I feel like he literally can't jump over a foot in the air.

The gaps he skates are insane though.
[close]

you dont actaully need that much flick is the thing its a very subtle movement. he is not kickflipping the same way 99% of people do it, he is doing it "mob" but he has it super dialed and it is a much better method for doing hardflip rotation and quad flips but i think it is less ideal for trying to go high + over something which is why i think most people stick to the penny/reynolds/steve olson style flick + catch

lol idk if anyone else noticed there is not a single grind in the entire part  8) just a noseslide doubleflip i think (which was dope!)

it should have been called "up river"  ;D but upstream gives me the same vibe without directly ripping it off heh
[close]

I know he clearly mobs it but I wonder if he can actually flick a his feet. He skates like he doesn't have ankles.

Its crazy how he can kf up a three stair. He can pop if he wants.

bodegaboardercrew

• Rep: 4
    • Bodega Boarder Crew podcast avatar image
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
This part reminds me of a saying somebody told me.. "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it"

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2021, 10:37:45 AM »
This part reminds me of a saying somebody told me.. "Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it"

- Jeff Goldblum

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2021, 10:50:07 AM »

thought the same thing.
also, this guy looks like 15 year old. if hes really already 30 he should think about changing up his style. i mean he looks like his favourite meal were chicken nuggets and doritos.

But still, i really don't want to hate his skating. His flippity flops takes some dedication

Edit: Just looked him up on yt. come on, this is the same part, same style, 7 years ago:

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 11:25:07 AM by WavyDavy »

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2021, 11:06:25 AM »
Hell yeah Pine. That last kickflip was bananas and honestly I’ve never seen a 360 inward heel look good but the one down the brick set was fuckin sick.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2021, 11:19:25 AM »
Shit makes no sense in so many different ways. Every time it just looks like a fluke but he keeps doing it. Dude has balls tho i’ll give him that

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2021, 11:32:47 AM »
Edit: Just looked him up on yt. come on, this is the same part, same style, 7 years ago:

Don't fuck with a winning formula, you know?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2021, 11:42:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yup, that's gonna be a sick photo.

[close]

good lord
[close]

oof...
[close]

Amazing

if i had to guess the trick i'd guess switch flip up the set...

it's pretty impressive how late he catches some of his tricks. the second trick his wheels are touching.

somefucker

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2021, 11:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

good lord
[close]

oof...
[close]

Amazing
[close]

if i had to guess the trick i'd guess switch flip up the set...

it's pretty impressive how late he catches some of his tricks. the second trick his wheels are touching.

you're upsetting the children

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2021, 11:48:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So relatable it hurts

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Well put together section, worked with the song, tasteful trick selection.

What's Pine?
[close]

lol that is Jeff's User Name on Slap, he is mad OG, I remember him posting clips on here when he was like maybe 16 i want to say?

Younger I think, me and the homies used to crowd around the computer and watch his little flatbar edits hed post. Kid must have been maybe 11 at the time. Hed have this flatbar set on the lowest setting, helmet on, doing mind boggling tricks that look fucked. Always assumed his style would change and hed get pop but he just started hucking at some point and nothing changed at all. Still back him though, you have to respect someone who can just keep doing them despite having had to deal with hate the whole time. Keep doing you Pine!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 673
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2021, 12:15:10 PM »
yeah he was SUPER little I remember
everyone was really hyped on him though
i couldnt find any of those old edits whne i looked through his post history though ;(

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2021, 12:56:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't fuck with a winning formula, you know?

At least he could throw down some quintuple and 720 flips by now  >:(

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2021, 01:01:06 PM »

"He's mad OG" 

somefucker

« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2021, 03:14:33 PM »
Buncha soft serve kooks in this thread. You’re all buggin

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2021, 06:32:52 PM »
It boggles my mind how long Pine has been busting his ass. Literally 14 years ago dude was getting like one clip a day self filming himself doing triple flips down the local toys r us 10 stair. He has not slowed down whatsoever, at any point, in approaching 15 years.

I literally do not care what his tricks looks like or if he wears Grizzly shirts. Pine is the definition of a skate rat, a child of the bizarre early youtube era like me, an absolute DIY hustler, and a true original and outsider. And that's why im stoked on Pine and always will be. Every time Pine drops an edit it puts a smile on my face because somehow, Jeff is still out there making shit happen for himself.

2007:

Love the Fucking Weirdos in skating like Pine. Never change.

Exactly this. We need more goofballs on lifetime weird trick jihads like jeff.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2021, 06:37:18 PM »
It boggles my mind how long Pine has been busting his ass. Literally 14 years ago dude was getting like one clip a day self filming himself doing triple flips down the local toys r us 10 stair. He has not slowed down whatsoever, at any point, in approaching 15 years.

I literally do not care what his tricks looks like or if he wears Grizzly shirts. Pine is the definition of a skate rat, a child of the bizarre early youtube era like me, an absolute DIY hustler, and a true original and outsider. And that's why im stoked on Pine and always will be. Every time Pine drops an edit it puts a smile on my face because somehow, Jeff is still out there making shit happen for himself.

2007:

Expand Quote
[close]

Couldn’t have said it better. Would gnar if I could.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2021, 09:01:36 PM »
this dude is the worst .. i can’t believe people actually like this kind of skateboarding
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2021, 02:03:22 AM »

An OG style lord told me this when I was about 12 years old at skate street Ventura, and I never tried a kickflip out of a front board ever again.
Icehead

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2021, 03:17:34 AM »
Expand Quote

2007:

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Couldn’t have said it better. Would gnar if I could.

Let me do it for ya.
(gotta add this type of skating is exactly the opposite of what I like doing and watching.... But keep weirdos in skating!)

somefucker

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2021, 04:34:51 AM »

2007:

Expand Quote
[close]

Poor take. Hierarchies of taste exist for a reason. If you want to engage in any activity - skating, surfing, cycling, whatever - but you ignore the culture and traditions then expect to get mocked.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' style of skating, you can skate flat, street, vert, freestyle, or whatever; there's so much diversity throughout skating's history that anyone can find something they relate to whether it's Rodney Mullen, Josh Kalis, or Jay Adams.

That doesn't mean to say that there's no such thing as 'bad' skating. Shit like the Berrics or Braille that basically try to reject all of skateboarding's standards and traditions are inherently wack, and you deserve to be mocked so you can find something better to engage with.

While 'don't like it, don't watch it' is a fair point, the problem's more with the Berrics even promoting this less than mediocre skating in the first place. If you want to watch someone not pop their tricks, go watch Love Child (no disrespect lol).

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2021, 05:03:27 AM »
The title really works in that he blazes his own trail and also when he does his tricks he kinda looks like a salmon flopping around upstream.

thebacker

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2021, 06:10:59 AM »
case in point for jersey producing the best skaters

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2021, 06:23:42 AM »
2021 Richie Jackson.

But instead of dressing like a dude who sold blow to your step dad 40 years ago he dresses like a 7th grader in 2004.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2021, 06:39:48 AM »
This part is so much bigger than gross flip tricks down stacks.

It’s about faith, grit, and a boy who listened to his heart when everyone said don’t.

His name is Huckleberry Finn.

somefucker

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »
The title really works in that he blazes his own trail and also when he does his tricks he kinda looks like a salmon flopping around upstream.

his pro graphic really works too.