Author Topic: Why can’t I balance a frontside boardslide?  (Read 1426 times)

Hairy Ballsagna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Why can’t I balance a frontside boardslide?
« on: September 20, 2021, 08:33:16 PM »
I can boardslide the last 1-3 feet of a flat bar or ledge no problem, but I just can’t make it work for longer than that. I either stick or slide out. Been trying it for more than a decade. Help!

somefucker

Re: Why can’t I balance a frontside boardslide?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 06:45:18 AM »
Get a good fs rock and some bs 180s going. It'll help with sliding/balancing blindside.

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:41:08 AM »
lean on your heels. go fast. look over your shoulder. if it sticks, wax it

nopopguy

• Rep: 2
  • the life snake
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 10:00:30 AM »
what helps me slide longer is trying to look at the end of the flat bar, like over your shoulders (if you wanna come out regular at least), your arms should be over/paralel to the rail, and perpendicular to the board. you have to commit your bodyweight or else it will slip out. I imagine myself trying to move just my legs when im ollieing into the flat bar, not like a backside 180 where you turn your shoulders. try to go little by little adding some distance. speed helps but also makes it scarier... try to find your happy medium.
the life snake

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 09:45:43 PM »
If you’re used to just going a short ways, you might be like me, kinda straight-legging it. You come off before you lose your balance.

For a longer one, jump on gently with your knees bent and sink down a bit to stay more stable for a longer slide
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »
use your front foot to keep the board perpendicular to the length of the rail and parallel to the ground (or in line with completely level if you're on a slope). Keep it kinda stiff or sturdy so you can stand on it like that, and keep your weight directly over your board (or angled back a touch if it's a sticky flatbar). Assuming you're going fast enough you should now be able to do long boardslides. This same concept works for switch fs boards too. This is obviously easiest on square shaped flatbars or double sided ledges that are skinny enough to fully deck your board on it.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 12:17:31 PM »
A weird tip: I feel like I can slide way further if I think about going to fakie. I think it makes me stand more square ontop of the rail.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 11:27:40 AM »
A weird tip: I feel like I can slide way further if I think about going to fakie. I think it makes me stand more square ontop of the rail.

This. Think of it as a slow bs 180

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 02:13:13 PM »
Try jumping closer to rail. Also try to learn how to pop them over, that helps a ton.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.