Author Topic: Tail scrape  (Read 733 times)

RottenToTheCore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Tail scrape
« on: October 04, 2021, 02:29:13 PM »
How do you do longer tail scrapes when bombing hills? Never figured out how to do them I always end up accidentally doing rocket ollies which is sketchy as fuck.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Tail scrape
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 06:14:37 PM »
I always thought a down hill tail scrape was a scared attempt to ollie a crack or bump. Holms was the only one to ollie the LA Massacre

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: Tail scrape
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »
Imagine doing a bs 180 where you don't really ollie but scoop it. As you rotate your shoulders back to rotate in the direction of the 180, then stop your shoulder rotation and the moment you want to scoop. At this point, where you're probably bend over, straighten up a bit, get your shoulders back and push your chest forward a little. Let the scoop of your back foot drag forward as you kind of hold back with your front leg (imagine doing kind of like a resistant the drags in the outside of the thigh of your front leg (does this seem to weird, forget about this part)) ... but you need to lift your front foot a little bit as you let the scoop with your back foot drag forwards. It's all like a balance of the resistance between having your back leg and ass scooping forward while the outside of your front thigh, your chest and your shoulders balances it out.
As your back wheels hit the ground release the resistance in the outside of your front thigh, your chest and your shoulders, and let your speed direct you back in riding straight forward again, or if you haven't got a lot of speed, control your front wheels back in on the right direction again using the outside of your front thigh.

I can't be bothered to read this through, so if it doesn't make sense, go figure it out your self. Am I arrogant? I don't know, probably, but no really, I can't to bothered trying to fix all my typos and bad explanations ;)
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides