Author Topic: What do you say to someone who’s afraid to fall off?  (Read 1737 times)

Zerris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
What do you say to someone who’s afraid to fall off?
« on: September 21, 2021, 06:27:27 AM »
You’ve got someone in front of you who skates but their confidence has been knocked and falling off and hurting themselves/not landing the trick makes them feel like a faker. You haven’t got long to grab their attention. What do you shout to them?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
Re: What do you say to someone who’s afraid to fall off?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 08:31:06 AM »
A few years ago I was dating someone who's roommate was going through a divorce. Even though it was reasonably amicable, it was obviously a sensitive situation. One day when I was staying over there I learned that the ex-husband was on his way to the house to gather the last of his things and give his final goodbye to the dog that they shared. Emotions were tense so I thought it would be courteous to take off before he arrived to give them some space. Apparently, just moments before he finally mustered the nerve to give his tearful goodbye, the dog rummaged through the bathroom trash can and tried to eat a condom used earlier that day by yours truly. The dog was fine but the condom got stuck, so he had to reach down its throat and get it out. I still think about it all the time. This was probably one of the most profoundly sad moments of this guy's life, and it was probably so much worse because it ended with him having to deal with some guy's cum filled condom that his dog tried to eat.  I felt so bad for that guy and I've since run into him a couple times and we've been friendly toward one another. I'm pretty sure he knows it was me but I think both of us are better off without it being brought up.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 11:33:54 AM »
A few years ago I was dating someone who's roommate was going through a divorce. Even though it was reasonably amicable, it was obviously a sensitive situation. One day when I was staying over there I learned that the ex-husband was on his way to the house to gather the last of his things and give his final goodbye to the dog that they shared. Emotions were tense so I thought it would be courteous to take off before he arrived to give them some space. Apparently, just moments before he finally mustered the nerve to give his tearful goodbye, the dog rummaged through the bathroom trash can and tried to eat a condom used earlier that day by yours truly. The dog was fine but the condom got stuck, so he had to reach down its throat and get it out. I still think about it all the time. This was probably one of the most profoundly sad moments of this guy's life, and it was probably so much worse because it ended with him having to deal with some guy's cum filled condom that his dog tried to eat.  I felt so bad for that guy and I've since run into him a couple times and we've been friendly toward one another. I'm pretty sure he knows it was me but I think both of us are better off without it being brought up.

Thank you for the touching read

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 12:25:17 PM »

Wow…
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 02:56:50 PM »
You’ve got someone in front of you who skates but their confidence has been knocked and falling off and hurting themselves/not landing the trick makes them feel like a faker. You haven’t got long to grab their attention. What do you shout to them?

Can't be a faker if you're actually doing the thing, whatever the rest is is all mental constructions in your head.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 09:16:20 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 09:23:43 PM »

Sweatpants and couch later?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 01:01:42 AM »

That is fucking hectic

I know this tiler right, and he was engaged to this girl and they thought they’d get a dog off gumtree
They went down to the coast to get it off this bloke and idk what happened but like two weeks later the bloke full snaked his fiancée

Luke ended up with the dog cause old mate didn’t want the dog, I mean he had it on gumtree

Last I saw him he went home like two hours into this main floor we were doing
He had just found out they engaged, I never saw him again after that

Also though fuck him, I was apprentice then and he was the messiest cunt
Full trying to grout his work and having to cut all the glue out of the joints, it was like it was grouted in glue
I swear to god it used to be like you’d just watch these cunts make a mess and you’d just groan cause you knew you were gonna have to clean it all
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 03:50:31 AM »
Everyone has to pay the concrete tax.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Brguy

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 10:29:36 PM »
Couldn't you have said something while you were gathering all that context on his life? Why do you gotta shout at the worst possible moment?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 08:26:47 AM »

worthy of a Oscar movie

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 01:06:29 PM »
I'd tell them to fall down.

Once the thing they fear will happen actually occurs they can stop worrying. Also, the shot of adrenaline adds a level of awareness of their mind that redbull wishes they could distribute. Success without failure teaches you nothing and doesn't contribute to personal growth. They need to land that shit in spite of their fears like the rest of us.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 02:14:01 PM »
I've learned the hard way in blindly giving strangers encouragement.  Next thing you're blowing your whole skate session driving them to the hospital. 

usually I give unsolicited pointers which at times help.  Reference points, and inevitably working their way around the trick, then they often just put it down because they had it all along. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 100

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 04:23:50 PM »
“Look, we’re out here sounded by nothing but hard surfaces and sharp corners.  All of which can be lethal depending on how you fall.  Even though specifically engineered, reasonably priced safety equipment is readily available, neither of us are wearing any because we’re trying to impress each other for some fucking reason.

Yes, I know you’re afraid.  That’s just your highly-developed instinct for self-preservation, that animals have relied upon and honed for the past 800 million years, screaming out to not do what you’re about to do.  Ignore that.

Remember you’re on an unsteady moving platform with wheels on the bottom:  The human brain cannot comprehend numbers large enough to list the number of ways something could go wrong resulting in life-altering trauma to the brain stem.  I’ll put it this way: you will pray for your merciful death every day with what is left of your brain.  You’ll mainly just see the world as angry, barking blobs of color when in reality it’s your loved ones weeping at your bedside for the horrible decision they were just forced to make regarding your life support.  Alright, now get out there and make this ledge your bitch.”
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 04:45:32 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »
When I played football I got rocked defending a corner kick, ball clean into my face. My coach was like it only hurts the 1st time. So I use that for falling in skating. Also sneak an lazie are correct. Also damn dog almost ate it choking on a condom, wow.
Whoa. Danger.