Author Topic: Grossest part I've ever seen.  (Read 5779 times)

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Grossest part I've ever seen.
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2021, 03:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i don’t like this part. i don’t like hucking in general. i just think it’s funny that the people that call for more gatekeeping probably would have had their stuff taken at any of the places i skated that had actual gatekeepers… part of the reason i think it’s wack and has its place in the past but i only grew up skating love so wtf do i know
[close]

Yea I guess it's pretty important to define exactly what I'm advocating for, and for you to define what exactly you're referencing. There's levels to all of that shit. I didn't grow up at emb in the early 90's or anything, but the old guys at my local would definitely call you names if you were pushing mongo or doing some clown shit like this. I'm not saying we physically hurt anyone or steal from people, but most kids could use a little public shame these days. I'm all for helping people learn, no one starts off with style, but giving lame ass dudes like this Jeff guy a pass isn't helping anyone. Kids coming up should see this guy get clowned, and ishod get praised, then decide for themselves. Also, there's a huge difference between a pro part, and just someone skating. There's a difference between someone really trying to skate and push themselves, and some fully padded rando just going to the skatepark like they would a basketball court. I'm not gonna fuck with the rando, but if one of the regulars at my local starts doing mobbed ass double/triple flip variations off of everything in the park, he's gonna hear about it, and get REGULATED.
[close]

Oh, fuck of, ‘the kind of skateboarding I like is the only real style’ soft-skulled weak thinking.

That’s how you kill skateboarding, trying to freeze it into your (usually boring and unoriginal) preferences.

It’s basically the white supremacy mindset of skateboarding, and it’s fucking lame.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Nah its mediocre skateboarding at best and your giving a 30 year old man a pass who never once learned how to pop and flick properly.

Fuck off with your race baiting white supremacist bullshit

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2021, 03:23:36 AM »
genuinely baffles me that, despite the general level of skating probably being the highest it's ever been, the Berrics exclusively promotes absolutely dogshit skaters

is it an edgy new marketing tactic from Steve to appeal to people who also lack taste and style? or is it because any skater with respect for themselves or the subculture won't go near Steve's little circle jerk?

getting big "slightly autistic skatepark flatground technician" vibes from that jeff geeza. what's with all the drops? completely tasteless, the street equivalent of skatepark flyouts

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:21 AM »
why hating ?
just ignore this mind-melting compilation of ugly tricks posted on the Berrics

Veggie.Wav

• Rep: 6
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2021, 03:42:30 AM »
This is impressive in the worst way lol. I can't stop watching it
my ass is stink

warmonke

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2021, 03:53:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i don’t like this part. i don’t like hucking in general. i just think it’s funny that the people that call for more gatekeeping probably would have had their stuff taken at any of the places i skated that had actual gatekeepers… part of the reason i think it’s wack and has its place in the past but i only grew up skating love so wtf do i know
[close]

Yea I guess it's pretty important to define exactly what I'm advocating for, and for you to define what exactly you're referencing. There's levels to all of that shit. I didn't grow up at emb in the early 90's or anything, but the old guys at my local would definitely call you names if you were pushing mongo or doing some clown shit like this. I'm not saying we physically hurt anyone or steal from people, but most kids could use a little public shame these days. I'm all for helping people learn, no one starts off with style, but giving lame ass dudes like this Jeff guy a pass isn't helping anyone. Kids coming up should see this guy get clowned, and ishod get praised, then decide for themselves. Also, there's a huge difference between a pro part, and just someone skating. There's a difference between someone really trying to skate and push themselves, and some fully padded rando just going to the skatepark like they would a basketball court. I'm not gonna fuck with the rando, but if one of the regulars at my local starts doing mobbed ass double/triple flip variations off of everything in the park, he's gonna hear about it, and get REGULATED.
[close]

Oh, fuck of, ‘the kind of skateboarding I like is the only real style’ soft-skulled weak thinking.

That’s how you kill skateboarding, trying to freeze it into your (usually boring and unoriginal) preferences.

It’s basically the white supremacy mindset of skateboarding, and it’s fucking lame.

Poor take. Hierarchies of taste exist for a reason. If you want to engage in any activity - skating, surfing, cycling, whatever - but you ignore the culture and traditions then expect to get mocked.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' style of skating, you can skate flat, street, vert, freestyle, or whatever; there's so much diversity throughout skating's history that anyone can find something they relate to whether it's Rodney Mullen, Josh Kalis, or Jay Adams.

That doesn't mean to say that there's no such thing as 'bad' skating. Shit like the Berrics or Braille that basically try to reject all of skateboarding's standards and traditions are inherently wack, and you deserve to be mocked so you can find something better to engage with.

While 'don't like it, don't watch it' is a fair point, the problem's more with the Berrics even promoting this less than mediocre skating in the first place. If you want to watch someone not pop their tricks, go watch Love Child (no disrespect lol).

somefucker

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2021, 04:30:40 AM »
why hating ?
just ignore this mind-melting compilation of ugly tricks posted on the Berrics

IpathCats

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2021, 04:34:02 AM »
@OP you obviously haven’t dug very deep into the depths of BPSW era video parts then have you?

I have, and given the context, this is much more gross.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2021, 04:38:51 AM »
Poster child “just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

IpathCats

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2021, 04:49:51 AM »

Stop reaching so hard. Don't muddy the waters of serious issues with your brash generalizations, not cool, fuck off.

IpathCats

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2021, 04:50:55 AM »
Poster child “just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”

Exactly

somefucker

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2021, 05:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stop reaching so hard. Don't muddy the waters of serious issues with your brash generalizations, not cool, fuck off.

Cancel culture baby!

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2021, 05:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i’m pretty sure white supremacy is the white supremacy of skating. bad style is a choice. triple flips are a choice.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2021, 06:03:31 AM »
If you don't like triple laser flips you are a racist. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2021, 06:07:58 AM »
I do all these tricks in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

somefucker

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2021, 06:08:11 AM »
damn new board lookin' fresh

IpathCats

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2021, 06:08:20 AM »
If you don't like triple laser flips you are a racist. I'm sorry, but it's the truth.

I feel like its more applicable in reverse. Triple laser flip silence is violence. These atrocities need to be brought to light, sympathizers of these illegal maneuvers are part of the problem.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2021, 06:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Poor take. Hierarchies of taste exist for a reason. If you want to engage in any activity - skating, surfing, cycling, whatever - but you ignore the culture and traditions then expect to get mocked.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' style of skating, you can skate flat, street, vert, freestyle, or whatever; there's so much diversity throughout skating's history that anyone can find something they relate to whether it's Rodney Mullen, Josh Kalis, or Jay Adams.

That doesn't mean to say that there's no such thing as 'bad' skating. Shit like the Berrics or Braille that basically try to reject all of skateboarding's standards and traditions are inherently wack, and you deserve to be mocked so you can find something better to engage with.

While 'don't like it, don't watch it' is a fair point, the problem's more with the Berrics even promoting this less than mediocre skating in the first place. If you want to watch someone not pop their tricks, go watch Love Child (no disrespect lol).

Bullshit. It may be not that aesthetically pleasing, it may not be ‘popped’, but it is very, very fucking far from mediocre.

Hierarchies of taste exist for a reason: because people care more about how other people skate than themselves.

They are small-minded, caring about surface details and getting upset about them for no good reason.

Extended to ethnic relations, it is the same basis that people get worked up about superficial differences in skin color and culture.

I’m not saying people that hate bad style are racists, you can’t be that fucking thick to take shit that literally. But I’m saying attitude is shared by racists, just in another obsession.

It’s the ‘my way is the best’, and getting worked up about other styles of skating to the point of making threads expressing your hatred and desire to publicly shame these people that dare to be different.

I reintegrate, FUCK OF.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

warmonke

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2021, 06:57:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bullshit. It may be not that aesthetically pleasing, it may not be ‘popped’, but it is very, very fucking far from mediocre.

Hierarchies of taste exist for a reason: because people care more about how other people skate than themselves.

They are small-minded, caring about surface details and getting upset about them for no good reason.

Extended to ethnic relations, it is the same basis that people get worked up about superficial differences in skin color and culture.

I’m not saying people that hate bad style are racists, you can’t be that fucking thick to take shit that literally. But I’m saying attitude is shared by racists, just in another obsession.

It’s the ‘my way is the best’, and getting worked up about other styles of skating to the point of making threads expressing your hatred and desire to publicly shame these people that dare to be different.

I reintegrate, FUCK OF.
To be honest you've pretty much just glossed over what I said and repeated yourself. I'm not saying 'my way is the best', I'm saying the way is the best. You're giving this guy too much credit calling what he does a 'style of skating', when really it's just a lack of. I also don't think that his skating is daring 'to be different', he just lacks skill and creativity, I highly doubt he's making an informed choice to skate the way he does. Doing triple/quadruple flips or whatever is such a reductive approach to skating and treating it like it's some kind of valid discipline in and of itself is dumb. He's more than welcome to skate how he likes, but I'm also free to dislike it, especially when he's getting featured in skate media, ultimately at the expense of someone else who is most likely more deserving.

But as I said before, the problem's not as much him as it is the platforms that promote him.

IpathCats

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2021, 07:04:28 AM »

I reintegrate, FUCK OF.

Yea, I understand your far reach/slippery slope/logical fallacy approach here, you can use this type of thinking to make plenty of stupid arguments. But it's dumb, and is a disservice to the real issues at hand. By this logic, any sort of judgement is "white supremacist" way of thinking. Street league, olympics, any person who has ever had a dissenting opinion, is now guilty of participating in a "white supremacist" mindset. FOH with that nonsense. Racism is a real issue, this garbage only makes it worse. At least you're living up to your name, I respect that.

somefucker

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2021, 07:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I reintegrate, FUCK OF.

so what kind of product is Deff sending you??

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2021, 07:20:28 AM »
Pine is just this generations Nate Sherwood... People didn't like his skating either, but he stuck around for quite a while.

warmonke

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2021, 07:21:36 AM »
Pine is just this generations Nate Sherwood... People didn't like his skating either, but he stuck around for quite a while.
There's definitely a big market for wack skating at the moment so I'm sure he'll be doing fine

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2021, 07:24:14 AM »
Whatever helps you guys justify making a huge deal and feel good about calling for bullying a guy who skated different.

You share that lack of self awareness with other bigots as well.

As well giving this guy a bunch more attention than he would have otherwise. I’d never heard of him before.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

IpathCats

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2021, 07:24:16 AM »

Damn, that's a super fair assessment. They even look kinda similar...... simulation confirmed. You know the matrix is running out of ideas when they recycle Nate Sherwood.

IpathCats

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2021, 07:30:26 AM »
Whatever helps you guys justify making a huge deal and feel good about calling for bullying a guy who skated different.

You share that lack of self awareness with other bigots as well.

As well giving this guy a bunch more attention than he would have otherwise. I’d never heard of him before.

I don't think a bunch of anonymous users on an outdated online skate forum discussing this, hardly constitutes as "making a big deal". Also don't think anyone is doing this to "feel good". It's just idle bullshitting on the internet, get a grip. You know, if you look at everything in life this way, its easy to relate everything to some grave injustice. But the fact of the matter is, that's not what's going on here, and you're just grasping at straws to feel like you hold some position of moral superiority over randos on the internet because you're too shallow to have your own opinions that might not always be nice. Just stop, you're done.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2021, 08:14:29 AM »
#SkateboardingIsFun did an irreversible amount of damage to society

IpathCats

« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »

Time to REGULATE these fools.

Carl P

• Rep: -20
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2021, 10:23:05 AM »
That dudes ripping throwing gnarly tricks down legit stairs and drops wtf Is there hate for

because it all looks like dogshit. When did skating only become about ability? just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2021, 12:34:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

IpathCats how will you regulat these fools? By crying on the Slap forum?

Anyway. Anyone skating for themselves and not giving a fuck about what society thinks, that's the real deal.

IpathCats

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2021, 12:53:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

IpathCats how will you regulat these fools? By crying on the Slap forum?

Anyway. Anyone skating for themselves and not giving a fuck about what society thinks, that's the real deal.

NO, I'm gonna cry in public, LIKE A MAN, poosey. Consider yourself REGULATED. WHO'S NEXT?!