Author Topic: Brand popularity by region  (Read 2822 times)

Shalom Peterson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
Re: Brand popularity by region
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2023, 07:33:27 PM »
Here in VA, Ventures are by far most popular truck, which blows my mind. I started skating Ventures about a month before moving here and thought i would be the only one. When I lived In FL, everyone skated Indy, Ace, or Thunder. It's RARE to see Venture or anything else down there. Also in VA, everyone seems to skate quasi. Like 1/5 of ppls setups at the park have a quasi / venture combo. I dig it.

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 61
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2023, 11:08:43 AM »
Southern Maryland Checkin...

Decks: Local Shop Deck from Little Whale Skate Shop (South Central Wood) $50 make you holla gets a lot of the money, especially since they now have shop twin tails!  Then its and even split between Baker, Deathwish, Real, AH & Krooked

Trucks: Pretty even split between Indy & Thunder here

Wheels: Spittys or Speedlab

Bearings: @Quantum_Bearing_Science or Bones

Shoes: SB Dunks, Jordan 1s, VANS & Lakai (cheap and Pure Boardshop always has them on clearance)

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2023, 02:04:47 PM »
Eastern WA reporting, not an official study, just what I've seen.

Decks: Lots of DLX and shop decks (BBS made I'm pretty sure), Toy Machine, Quasi and Baker seem semi-popular. A Crail deck here and there. Most other brands are hit or miss

Trucks: Fully mixed bag - I've seen multiples of the big 4, but Thunder seems like the lowest number of riders

Wheels: OJs and F4s are the tops by a mile

Never notice bearings, but people bring up Bronson a lot

Shoes: Vans, Adidas, Nike, Emerica, or the rare gem from Ross
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2023, 11:24:15 PM »
Right now here in Prague:

- Shoes: Nike SB (mainly Dunks and Blazers mid), a lot of DC, Cons (mainly LL). Also saw some Etnies lately.

- Trucks: Indy and Ace.

- Wheels: Spits and some Bones.

- Decks: Is all over the place, I wouldn't say that any brand stands up, maybe Polar.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:46:59 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

NotSureWhatImDoingHere

• Rep: -6
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2023, 09:51:14 PM »
Let’s add apparel to the mix, I’m always shocked by how different it is by state.

I see the usuals in southwest for pants, Polar, Volcom, dickies. Band tees or hardgoods. What are y’all running by region? Same shit?

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 45
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2023, 11:28:30 PM »
In Funabashi is Baker, Primitive, Almost, Lesque, FA/Hockey, Santa Cruz, Evisen, MxMxM, Blind, Polar, GX1000, Alltimers… there isn’t a specific brand that is more used over the rest. But I’m the only one skating Black Label, Violet and Hotel Blue.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2023, 12:35:53 AM »
I see a ton of antihero east of Boston. DGK is popping out here. Hockey. Lots of orchard boards. I get compliments on the candy apple scull graphic all the time even non skaters take notice

Baker. Also Pete's Pigs which is local. That's really popular. I've seen a lot of Scram out here. Various TOA beands. There.

18 DGK Hockey.

Indys king here and it looks like Ventures or Ace is definitely second. It's really close.
Thunder obviously.

It's rare to see krux out here.

Wheels is spit and bones obviously. Sometimes I see stuff like. Not a lot of big big wheels. I got like 3 friends who ride 58s. We all ride ogs

Rails are popping. I might get a set soon.

Converse seems to be top shoe. Then Vans then Nike the Adidas

No one wears carioooma out here. Ever
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2023, 02:16:40 AM »
People in Australia, not just skaters, love Butter Goods gear. Lots of Dickies. FA. Polar. The casual skaters here seem to have more of an imagination when it comes to gear

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • sup dog
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2023, 09:01:24 AM »
Austin TX

Boards: a lot of roger, there’s some other local brands like potato, and others killing it, FA, and a bunch of Anti hero eagles around as well

Wheels: lots of local love for cherries, I’m a loophole man myself but cherries does a lot for the local skate community around here so that’s sick, other than that spits

Shoes: lots of soletech, we got connections to emerica down here since figgy has moved to the area and a couple locals are on es, and vans they’ve done collabs with NoCo hook up a couple local people as well

Hardware: motherfucking SPA Gear , we like our local shit around here

I see way more NOCO decks than anything else. And roger, yeah. Ever see that picture of the deck delivery day for roger/NOCO on their instagram? Insane stock amount.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Lhotse’s Pit of Death

• Rep: -405
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2023, 11:34:57 AM »
NYC…same as usual:

Boards: beat ps stix- wknd and quasis that are about two weeks overdue to be replaced and ‘big’ brand shop boards (ie ccs blanks) are usually what i see; some FA near the shop as there are spots next door (ie Tompkins)

Wheels: small spitfire classics or the giant colored radial or conical fulls depending on the st/spot

Trucks: Indy almost universally. Some Thunder

Shoes: Dunks dunks dunks dunks dunks

The typical NYC uniform: Supreme caps and bags; kcdc and labor tees; Slayer pentagram bone logo tees. Dickies, carharrt wip, or giant thrift store jeans with zero break and white socks showing…etc

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2023, 03:42:44 PM »
Toronto

Quasi
Thunder
Spitfire

whatever bdk skates

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2023, 02:55:33 AM »
Lately most decks I have seen in the wild are Anti Hero.

djoekr

• Rep: 300
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2023, 03:15:17 AM »
In The Netherlands I'm mostly seeing Polar and DLX decks. The trendy kids skate FA and Hockey too and I see a lot of people skating whatever brand is on sale atm.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it