Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 1964 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Seattle
« on: September 22, 2021, 01:58:55 PM »
Coming up to Seattle for week. Anyone got any ideas what I should do/see? Who wants to hang? Where can I buy weed?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 07:35:56 PM »
Black Market & 35th Ave. are great but 35th North is kinda the main shop in Seattle. It's rad and situated right next to the tennis courts at Cal Anderson.

Far as parks go, Judkins & Lake City are my two personal faves but there's a bunch within the city. A new park was just constructed in Seattle Center (right next to Space needle and all that shit) and it's really fun. Marginal Way is worth checking out too if you got it like that.

If you're looking to experience some classic Seattle spots, Garfield High is definitely worth seeing. The bank that people skate in videos is gnarly and pretty much requires a tow in to get to the top but the little stone hand rails there are fun & low. Red Square at UW is also good fun and C5 (which is just a parking garage with curbs, manny pads, etc. galore) is right underneath it if it's raining.

Grub wise get some salmon & some teriyaki. Ezell's is a must if you're into fried chicken. If you're vegan, I'd recommend Wayward Cafe which is right next to the Ravenna curb garden.

And lastly on the weed front, dispensaries are all over the place and it's much harder to not find weed than it is to stumble across a dispensary. IMO they're all kind of the same but if I had to recommend one it'd be Shawn Kemp's dispensary cause he hangs out there quite a bit and if you can get some weed while also meeting a GOAT, hard to beat that.

All in all, Seattle is a great skate city. Unless you're coming from California the ground isn't that bad and there's fun spots all over the place.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Chooglin.

Is anyone here? I'd like to meet people.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 03:37:58 PM »
The tennis courts on Capitol Hill right by 35th skate shop are where it’s at, good hang and mellow spot. Seattle’s Tompkins if you will.

The new seaskate (skate park at Seattle center) looks cool but I haven’t been yet.

Dispensaries are indeed widespread, buying alcohol would be more strenuous in Seattle.

Bhy Kracke park on Queen Anne hill/neighborhood up from Seattle center has a rad view of city. Blaze up and chill I’d you got time to kill.

If you just want a chill place to hang, my bar of choice is Al’s on 45th in the Wallingford neighborhood. Just a couple blocks from Dick’s burgers which is a Seattle staple. I’m not saying it’s the best burger you’ve ever had but we love it and it’s cheap. And we’ve already heard all the puns.

How long are you there till?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Chooglin.

Is anyone here? I'd like to meet people.

You still around? Or out already?

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 12:29:05 PM »
bumping!
Another season in the wraps working in alaska, i'm Staying in seattle by myself late monday night and fly out early friday.
Will definitely follow what y'all guys said already and most likely buying a complete setup in one of those 2 shops bc im ballin (for now) and maybe hit those parks. haven't skated in 2 months so i'll mop the floor with my body, at least more than usual.
anything else? is the bruce lee tour worth it, the jimi hendrix one? or any other typical touristy thing to do besides the needle?
shoot a pm if you'd like to kick it anytime,
beers / food is on me ;)

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2022, 04:56:57 PM »
Bumping this. I've been to Seattle for about 2 hours (I skated the tennis court park and bought a board from the local shop right down the road).

What are the best parks? Which shop is the best? What neighborhood is best for anti-social skateboarder who spends too much time in coffee shops?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 05:52:04 PM »
Bumping this. I've been to Seattle for about 2 hours (I skated the tennis court park and bought a board from the local shop right down the road).

What are the best parks? Which shop is the best? What neighborhood is best for anti-social skateboarder who spends too much time in coffee shops?

I like Jefferson and judkins, personally. But lake city is also great albeit further away from some other stuff. And of course seaskate, the park by the space needle. And courts are actually popping right now, there’s a lot of cool shit there.  If you’re an anti social skateboarder there’s a spot in Greenwood with 2 small skate park ledges on a basketball court.

For shops, I usually go to 35th north in cap hill but the folks at black market are nice too from my experience.

I live in cap hill, there’s a ton to do there. But public transportation here is really easy and you can get to different neighborhoods pretty easily
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 09:03:55 PM by Candied cigarettes »

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 08:49:50 PM »

The shop you got a board from is the best shop (35th North). But Black Market is chill too. Every neighborhood has a plethora of coffee shops but you’re doing pretty good if you’re in that neighborhood (Capitol Hill). Maybe start with little oddfellows cafe in the back of Elliott Bay Books. Caffe Vita is classic as well.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 160
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »

Boon Boona coffee in Capital Hill and Anchored Ship in Ballard are my favorite coffee spots.

If you’re into transition, Marginal Way is a must. South Park (River City skatepark) is another iconic spot.

Jefferson has a big bowl with transitions ranging from 2-10’. It has a spine, a really fun taco death box thing, and a mix of steel and pool coping. It has lights until 11pm and nice views of the mountains/sound/city during the day.

What part of town are you staying in? Do you have a car or are you relying on public transit? Pretty much every park in Seattle is good, what do you like to skate?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2022, 09:58:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

@bombsaway86

I have no idea where I'm going to stay. I'm trying to avoid being surrounded by tech bros. I will need to be near downtown though. I'll have a car as I'll probably keep driving south.

And, as for what I like to skate. A medium sized box, a manual pad, and a small quarter pipe and I'm set.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

bombsaway86

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2022, 10:06:20 PM »

@bombsaway86

I have no idea where I'm going to stay. I'm trying to avoid being surrounded by tech bros. I will need to be near downtown though. I'll have a car as I'll probably keep driving south.

And, as for what I like to skate. A medium sized box, a manual pad, and a small quarter pipe and I'm set.

Definitely check out the Seattle center park, that should be right up your alley

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2022, 10:23:12 PM »

@bombsaway86

Its out of the way from Downtown but benefit park in rainier beach area can be a fun quiet spot to skate. I lived down the street from there for about 4 years. If your willing then definitely hit Longacres DIY which is like Seattle/Tukwila border. No idea on food spots or coffee shops anymore cause everything seems to be gone/closed/moved/etc.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2022, 11:20:05 PM »
^ Benefit is great. It’s literally just a quarterpipe, ledges, manual pad, and a very mellow hip. And there’s usually no one there. It is definitely south Seattle though

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2022, 01:43:22 PM »
^ Benefit is great. It’s literally just a quarterpipe, ledges, manual pad, and a very mellow hip. And there’s usually no one there. It is definitely south Seattle though

Dont forget that random fatty yellow pole jam haha

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2022, 06:41:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
If you’re an anti social skateboarder there’s a spot in Greenwood with 2 small skate park ledges on a basketball court.

Greenwood Park, I think is what it's called.

Lots of other little parks/dots in this zone...Crown Hill Park has a mini, Corners Park in Ballard has a mellow curved ledge, Kirke Park has a weird little manny pad down some stairs.

I'm a big fan of Dahl Park up north in Wedgewood for anti-social sessions.

bombsaway86

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 01:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
If you’re an anti social skateboarder there’s a spot in Greenwood with 2 small skate park ledges on a basketball court.
[close]

Lots of other little parks/dots in this zone...Crown Hill Park has a mini, Corners Park in Ballard has a mellow curved ledge, Kirke Park has a weird little manny pad down some stairs.

Was the spot at Kirke park intentionally built for skating? I live just a few blocks from there and always see kids skating it when I walk my dogs.

I skate crown hill a lot, that mini is the best

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 02:44:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The shop you got a board from is the best shop (35th North). But Black Market is chill too. Every neighborhood has a plethora of coffee shops but you’re doing pretty good if you’re in that neighborhood (Capitol Hill). Maybe start with little oddfellows cafe in the back of Elliott Bay Books. Caffe Vita is classic as well.

True story: I went with my mom, a lifelong reader and a true lover of books, to Elliott Bay and she started crying because she loved it so much.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2022, 04:59:13 PM »
Anyone know of any covered spots near Tacoma? Or anything similar to c5? Moved out of Seattle recently and trying to find somewhere dry to skate

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2022, 07:58:15 PM »
I’m in town again. Is anyone around?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 12:51:40 AM »
I’m in town again. Is anyone around?
Stop by 35th again!

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »
Anyone know of any covered spots near Tacoma? Or anything similar to c5? Moved out of Seattle recently and trying to find somewhere dry to skate

The garage behind Old Town Bicycle in Tacoma was my go-to spot. It's got great curbs and not a bust if you're there after 5. Also, grit city grindhouse can be fun. Fifth floor if you're lucky enough

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2022, 04:13:12 PM »
35th North is solid, but Black Market has records and a magazine library. IDK, both great but I back Black Market.

I would secon Judkins, Jeffson, and Lake City but also mention Lower Woodland.

IF you want to try the rail Dan Lu couldn't get in KotR in Seattle it's at 8th Ave NE and NE 78th street. The bondo is still in the cracks.

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2022, 04:19:37 PM »
35th North is solid, but Black Market has records and a magazine library. IDK, both great but I back Black Market.

I would secon Judkins, Jeffson, and Lake City but also mention Lower Woodland.

IF you want to try the rail Dan Lu couldn't get in KotR in Seattle it's at 8th Ave NE and NE 78th street. The bondo is still in the cracks.

lungpunch95

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2023, 11:37:11 AM »
Last time hill bomber here,

Is anyone familiar with mellow to extreme hill bomb routes in the Seattle area? Preferably long, scenic and stress free.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2023, 12:34:48 PM »

Is anyone familiar with mellow to extreme hill bomb routes in the Seattle area? Preferably long, scenic and stress free.

There are some long, curvy hills in Discovery Park which are almost entirely closed to traffic.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

bombsaway86

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2023, 10:59:51 AM »

(47.5647097, -122.3723903)
SW Genesse & SW Avalon
Bomb the hill then skate Delridge

There’s a path that goes down the hill behind Judkins, it’s more fun than the park.

There’s also the path at Jefferson park. Start uphill from the bowl, take in the views of the mountains and city as you cruise. It’s a pretty mellow hill.

My regular hill bomb was when I’d go to the bars in Ballard. Start at NW 75th st & 17th Ave NW. It’s steep and narrow, but closed to thru traffic, so it’s a little less sketchy.

Burke-Gilman trail has some decent hills over near University Village going north/east.
Somewhere near here (47.6723777, -122.2701740)

Most hills around here are pretty gnarly and our streets are fucked. Make sure you have some cruiser wheels for the streets. If you don’t, Black Market has you covered

rxcr

• Rep: 3
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2023, 09:03:57 AM »

Wow, the extremely rare Dahl shoutout. Used to be my go-to, it's a nice little park.
Pros:
  • Fairly deserted.
  • Some fun obstacles.
  • License to kick out bikes and scooters, if you're into that.
Cons:
  • Somewhat bizarre layout with some unskateable obstacles.
  • Can get cramped pretty easily.
  • Way too many parents think it's a playground, more so than other parks. Occasional issues with overeager dogs.

Shoreline (Paramount) is my go-to as of late.
Pros:
  • Very few unskateable/nonsensical obstacles.
  • License to kick out bikes, if you're into that.
  • Deserted in the morning. I see someone maybe once every 4-5 sessions.
  • Pretty clean for a skatepark of that size. The Shoreline parks dept. consistently empties out the trash cans (every day, I think), and apparently some weirdo usually sweeps stuff up in the morning if it's an issue.
Cons:
  • Lack of flatbar, euro, and small QP you can actually put your deck on keep this from being S tier.
  • Have heard it can get overrun with scooters later in the day. Can't confirm, haven't ever skated it after 10AM.

Keep_on_Chooglin

• Rep: 28
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2023, 09:20:26 PM »
I get what you're saying but, uhhh, I wouldn't recommend kicking out any bikers or scooterers - even if that's "your thing". Annoying as they may be, these are skate parks.

Have fun and let the kids have fun. Dahl is underrated tho and is usually never too busy.

rxcr

• Rep: 3
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2023, 06:28:43 AM »
I get what you're saying but, uhhh, I wouldn't recommend kicking out any bikers or scooterers - even if that's "your thing". Annoying as they may be, these are skate parks.

Have fun and let the kids have fun. Dahl is underrated tho and is usually never too busy.

I agree, certainly don’t be a dick if you really have a good reason. I know it’s a nuclear option; by “license,” I meant that they explicitly aren’t allowed, usually for a good reason.

For example, kids flying around the track on mountain bikes, tracking through the mud and then cutting onto the park to hit the A-frame: you or they can easily get fucked up, since it’s so small.