Author Topic: Halo Infinite  (Read 2884 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Halo Infinite
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2021, 10:03:08 PM »
Modern gaming is a fucking joke.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2021, 06:08:24 AM »

Anyone have any strong feelings on the progression/unlockables/challenges? It’s not really an issue to me either way but I guess I’m not the target audience for it (see aforementioned slur using 17 year olds).

I played thousands of hours of Halo 2 without a single progression system besides the ranking level next to my name. We all had identical armor and weapons, I can't imagine really worrying about it lol. Oh and your rank got worse if you had a few bad games too haha. I remember it being very accurate. Me and my buds always played together and always hovered at a certain number. Decent, but not spectacular. When squads rolled in with slightly better rank we knew we'd have to get sweaty to keep up, and when they rolled in lower numbers we knew we could dick around more.

Haven't played a game to this day with a ranking system that felt so accurate

Anyways, sorry old man post. Got my first triple kill in about a decade, and still reflexively teabagged.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2021, 06:38:00 AM »
Started the campaign this weekend and it fucking rules. My expectations were tempered after 4 and 5 but I'm really enjoying myself.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 01:08:13 AM »
i tried the multiplayer, but it took a long ass time to get into a match and it ran like crap.

wasn't feeling it tbh, but i never played halo back in the day, so i have no nostalgic feelings for the franchise whatsoever. just from how it feels to play i like destiny a lot more, but i bounced off the pvp modes of that game as well and pretty much only played co-op because it was broken as hell imo.

maybe if i knew it ran better on my machine i'd give it another shot. might be way more enjoyable then. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2021, 05:18:17 AM »
i tried the multiplayer, but it took a long ass time to get into a match and it ran like crap.

wasn't feeling it tbh, but i never played halo back in the day, so i have no nostalgic feelings for the franchise whatsoever. just from how it feels to play i like destiny a lot more, but i bounced off the pvp modes of that game as well and pretty much only played co-op because it was broken as hell imo.

maybe if i knew it ran better on my machine i'd give it another shot. might be way more enjoyable then.

I need to update my CPU. It's a few years old and even then it was on the cheaper side. I've been playing on the base Xbox One and am surprised at how well it plays consider it's an 8 year old console.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2021, 06:23:23 AM »
Just tried this last night on PC. Multi-player

Never played halo before. Mostly just doing ranked . Not too much shit talking going on yet to my surprise.   

Kind of want to re do placements on a new account. Didn't know what I was doing for like 4 or 5 games. I still don't,  but I used to not also.

thebacker

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2021, 07:39:05 AM »
Really don't fucking like it, my friends got me to play quite a few hours with them, as friends do, and it feels almost as soulless as splitgate. They're fine games overall, but compare these to Halo Reach, a(n 11 year old) game that is only held back by the fact that you have to pay for it or for game pass. Halo Reach, and its predecessors actually make you feel something when you play them. Im on the brink of insanity however

im glad im not the only one who didnt enjoy it, tho i was never that big on halo back in the day

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2021, 05:07:03 PM »
I just started playing 2 days ago and am loving it.  I see most complaints about the game are about the microtransactions.  Are these performance enhancing microtransactions or just cosmetic?  If it's just cosmetic, then I don't give a shit.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2021, 07:50:53 AM »
I just started playing 2 days ago and am loving it.  I see most complaints about the game are about the microtransactions.  Are these performance enhancing microtransactions or just cosmetic?  If it's just cosmetic, then I don't give a shit.

Purely cosmetic, I hate microtransactions too and the prices are way too steep but considering the multiplayer is free to play and also therefore doesn't require Xbox live I'm very happy (I only got an Xbox to play this game and the future Bethesda releases and was relieved I didn't have to pay the subscription on top of buying a console)

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »
Really enjoyed the campaign, gameplay is super crisp and rewarding. Up there with Halo 2 and the OG for me.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2021, 06:13:14 AM »
It feels like a spiritual successor to Halo CE. While I may not go crazy grinding on it like I have BR games, I think they knocked it out of the park and really have perfected the feeling of the franchise this time around.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2021, 06:39:26 AM »
Really enjoyed the campaign, gameplay is super crisp and rewarding. Up there with Halo 2 and the OG for me.

My only complaint with the campaign is that areas and enemy encounters are too repetitive, having different biomes like they showed originally or adding different kinds of areas would have went a long way. I wouldn't hate if they did a Breath of the Wild thing of having small, puzzle like dungeons with rewards at the end either, even if they're just like a platforming test with the grappling hook or something.

That said I had a blast with open world and loved getting new bases and unlocking items for them. Loading up a warthog with some soldiers before tackling the assassination missions is great.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2021, 07:48:57 AM »
This game is my shit

120 FPS on the OLED be looking

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2021, 07:31:25 PM »
I’m not feeling the multiplayer. The nostalgia just didn’t fire up for me and dumping an entire mag in to someone and then having to melee to finish is ridiculous.

Maybe I need to get good? I feel like I can hold my own, it’s just not fun for me. Back to vanguard.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2021, 08:17:43 AM »
I’m not feeling the multiplayer. The nostalgia just didn’t fire up for me and dumping an entire mag in to someone and then having to melee to finish is ridiculous.

Maybe I need to get good? I feel like I can hold my own, it’s just not fun for me. Back to vanguard.

I mean it doesn't have to take a whole clip if you're hitting them with enough bullets, sounds like maybe you just prefer games with a faster time-to-kill?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean it doesn't have to take a whole clip if you're hitting them with enough bullets, sounds like maybe you just prefer games with a faster time-to-kill?
Yea I think I do. I l e been playing COD vanguard for the last 2 months and coming off that directly in to halo is striking. I do like the campaign, I’m not a complete hater.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2022, 06:55:23 PM »
I like both modes, but Tactical Slayer might be more up your alley.

eSK3

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2022, 04:23:39 AM »
Started playing the campaign…it’s really fucking fun!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2022, 06:11:09 AM »
Just beat the campaign yesterday and it was awesome. Best one 343 has put out by far. I really hope this open world format remains a foundation for future titles cuz for their first time I really think they did a good job and there's a lot I could see them expanding upon, even if it comes in the form of DLC.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2022, 06:45:53 AM »
Finally got to Diamond in Ranked last night, we starting 2022 off right

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2022, 07:58:05 AM »
This game is my shit

120 FPS on the OLED be looking
I think I played against you a couple days ago. You kicked my ass

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 603
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2022, 09:41:47 AM »
The Halo subreddit has been shut down due to "toxicity". Loads of death threats and doxxing. Fucking class😂 you have to admire how passionate these nerds are.

Halo means a lot to me and I spent the last weeks mostly on the Halo Waypoint forum.
If anyone ever thought slap is toxic.. 😅
I mean I love video games, but it is kinda scary how serious some people are about a video game.

Yes some things are not as great as they were in Halo 3 for example. But no one is forcing anyone to buy cosmetics in this game. Main issue for me are the bad server connections and the desync. The gameplay itself is incredible. Sounds like a lot of fixes will come, since the plan is, to make this game the Halo for the next decade.
IG: @flowterspace

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »
I'm ssffffhyyt on Xbox if anyone wants to play. Does multiplayer voice chat not work for anyone else? Seems to be a common bug
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2022, 12:27:42 AM »
I'm ssffffhyyt on Xbox if anyone wants to play. Does multiplayer voice chat not work for anyone else? Seems to be a common bug

I believe the default mic settings have it turned off, you gotta toggle it on

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2022, 07:02:04 AM »

Not a bug, you have to toggle different chat options on in audio settings. Goofy I'll admit, though I like that they have options.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 07:48:17 AM by Theme For A Jackal »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2022, 07:11:25 AM »
if anyone is having problems getting thrown off the servers or getting a no internet message, try this:

go to device manager>network devices>ethernet(or wlan or whatever)adapter>properties>powermanagement

it's probably set to turn off when not in use by default, set it to always on.

fixed most connection issues for me. apparently the game can't figure out to turn the adapter on again. for me it basically shut down my whole internet connection after one round. now it's fine.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »
Been loving this game, however the main and only real issues ive had were with big team battle, it works about %75 of the time solo but in a squad it has only worked two times

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2022, 02:25:33 PM »
Been loving this game, however the main and only real issues ive had were with big team battle, it works about %75 of the time solo but in a squad it has only worked two times

same. love the big team battles.

but actually i wish there was something like planetside3. perpetual sci-fi warfare with hundreds of players. the big team battle maps have been a bit boring imo. sometimes they seem to big, sometimes too small.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2022, 04:31:56 PM »
Still having lots of fun with this game. We need new maps and forge or it’ll start to get stale

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2022, 07:02:22 AM »
Still having lots of fun with this game. We need new maps and forge or it’ll start to get stale

Yeah, I keep finding new little gameplay things that are exciting and interesting but we need new content. Attrition was great in my opinion and should be plugged into the normal ranked playlist.