Author Topic: Halo Infinite  (Read 2866 times)

Space Cowboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 69
Re: Halo Infinite
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2022, 11:12:54 AM »
Still having lots of fun with this game. We need new maps and forge or it’ll start to get stale

Forge is what kept a halo game feeling fresh for a longer time in my experience, i feel like the Devs know that.

I believe if they add classic maps/ new maps it will freshen things up in the meantime

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2022, 01:26:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Still having lots of fun with this game. We need new maps and forge or it’ll start to get stale
[close]

Forge is what kept a halo game feeling fresh for a longer time in my experience, i feel like the Devs know that.

I believe if they add classic maps/ new maps it will freshen things up in the meantime

They definitely do, they've said Forge is coming and there's also a bunch of rumors of a possible new PvE mode being made by Certain Affinity that may be some kind of Invasion or Horde mode that incorporates the Forge stuff as well but take that with a grain of salt
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 01:38:50 PM by Theme For A Jackal »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2022, 08:06:20 AM »
They were supposed to release the roadmap for new content in January but announced today that it's being delayed, I wouldn't expect a whole lot until season 2 unfortunately

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2022, 05:57:58 PM »
If they just gave us Lockout, I'd be happy for a while.

Space Cowboy

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
343 posted their plans for the game in the future, looks like they were moving slower than expected, however forge has been confirmed to be coming eventually as well as more maps and an increase in the quality of player experience.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/halo-infinite-update-march-2022

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2022, 11:45:29 AM »
I'd be stoked on some Blood Gulch.  :)
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2022, 07:02:45 AM »
Been playing online a lot. I really like it though I suck. Used to loved big team battle but I'm not really feeling it in this game, maybe its the BTB levels. Not sure.

I love the Skewer.

BR is clearly the best non power weapon and the most fun to use, it sucks that it isn't your default weapon in non-ranked.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2022, 10:46:13 AM »
I'll come back when season 2 kicks off but I think I'm done until then. Love the game just doesn't have enough content to keep me hooked any longer and there's too many other things out there I want to play right now

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2022, 11:57:15 AM »
343 posted their plans for the game in the future, looks like they were moving slower than expected, however forge has been confirmed to be coming eventually as well as more maps and an increase in the quality of player experience.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/halo-infinite-update-march-2022

I grew bored quickly with the current state of the game, but I still enjoy a match or two of multiplayer every now and then. Game definitely lacks content on mp side. Hopefully they'll come out with more maps and other goods.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2022, 05:07:33 AM »
I know I kind of suck at Halo.

But when I play online, sometimes I feel like I die almost instantly, like in like literally 1.5 seconds from first shot to last shot and I don't even know what happened. I can't even shoot 4 rounds from a battle rifle that fast. I know I suck, but when I die that fast it doesn't seem right nor does it make for a particularly enjoyable experience.

Space Cowboy

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2022, 10:46:36 AM »
I know I kind of suck at Halo.

But when I play online, sometimes I feel like I die almost instantly, like in like literally 1.5 seconds from first shot to last shot and I don't even know what happened. I can't even shoot 4 rounds from a battle rifle that fast. I know I suck, but when I die that fast it doesn't seem right nor does it make for a particularly enjoyable experience.

A lot of players (myself included) have been experiencing crippling de-sync errors, like delayed shot registration and getting shot around corners ect. which may make it seem like you aren't damaging the enemy while they mow you down like nothing

343 has acknowledged this (https://www.halowaypoint.com/news/closer-look-halo-infinite-online-experience) and is working on server fixes to improve this for the players experiencing it, until its actually fixed the game is basically unplayable for me.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2022, 11:19:46 AM »
haven't played in a while, but is mp still dodgy? i can't play with my us homies without getting disconnected from the server, client or group at one point during a match. and generally it seems like you can't really relog after you were booted from a game, but have to wait for your friends to finish the round. that sucks big time and is the main reason i don't play it a lot anymore.

Space Cowboy

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2022, 12:41:37 PM »
haven't played in a while, but is mp still dodgy? i can't play with my us homies without getting disconnected from the server, client or group at one point during a match. and generally it seems like you can't really relog after you were booted from a game, but have to wait for your friends to finish the round. that sucks big time and is the main reason i don't play it a lot anymore.

The Matchmaking issues like being disconnected have been noticeably better than they used to be, so what you were experiencing has been patched for the most part, especially for big team battle

however for me and some other players, when the matchmaking was fixed I started to have the de-sync issues...

changed1

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2023, 08:15:19 AM »
I don’t care what anyone says, Halo Infinite is a blast. Since they implemented a ranking system im no longer being paired with full time halo streamers and Internet cafe Chinese kids. It’s so nice being paired with people my skill level and getting more than 2 kills a game.

I know they took a year and half after launch to fully develop the game (and there’s still shit missing like firefight) and all the other problems like drip feed and shitty customization. But I say better late than never and I enjoy the gameplay loop more than anything. I never customize anything in FPS games anyway.

The campaign is also great in my opinion. I can see why people wouldn’t like it if they don’t like open worlds but I thought they executed it great with the exception of it being one biome. Its worth making it through the open world part to experience the last few linear levels which are some of my favorite halo missions ever.
I also thought the high value targets and capturing FOBs were awesome additions.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2023, 11:24:05 AM »
I don’t care what anyone says, Halo Infinite is a blast. Since they implemented a ranking system im no longer being paired with full time halo streamers and Internet cafe Chinese kids. It’s so nice being paired with people my skill level and getting more than 2 kills a game.

I know they took a year and half after launch to fully develop the game (and there’s still shit missing like firefight) and all the other problems like drip feed and shitty customization. But I say better late than never and I enjoy the gameplay loop more than anything. I never customize anything in FPS games anyway.

The campaign is also great in my opinion. I can see why people wouldn’t like it if they don’t like open worlds but I thought they executed it great with the exception of it being one biome. Its worth making it through the open world part to experience the last few linear levels which are some of my favorite halo missions ever.
I also thought the high value targets and capturing FOBs were awesome additions.

I hate that I like this game so much. Sometimes I absolutely rip the other team, other times I'd be better off shooting harsh language than my weapon. Might be a me problem, but it seems like it's really easy to control spawns if you know what you're doing.

That being said Super Fiesta has been my jam recently, the heatwave and sentinel beam variants kick ass