Author Topic: Stadiums used for skate contests  (Read 277 times)

donkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65
  • donk
Stadiums used for skate contests
« on: September 25, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »
Hey,

When I watch 411vm i realized that a lot of skate contests are held in indoor stadiums. What is up with that? Did the organizers of these events pay to use huge stadiums like that? Are they even stadiums or are they just fancy looking warehouses? I’m pretty sure I saw seating in the one that was in issue 38.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Stadiums used for skate contests
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 10:44:41 AM »
Yes the organisers would of payed to use the stadiums pretty standard. They are probably not giant soccer stadiums but smaller tennis or basketball stadiums where everything can be easily altered including the actual floor and all the seating. I went to a contest once that was filmed in a film studio warehouse where they probably made game shows or sitcoms or something so fancy looking warehouses is probably pretty likely too.

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 01:21:17 PM »
ill also add it costs a lot less than youd expect to book an old stadium in the off season since every city has a bunch of money sunk into one thats sitting empty anyway

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »
i went to most of the slam city jams and they were normally in hockey or football arenas it was sick. It's not as if all the seats were full but you could add vendors selling stuff on the concourse, private boxes etc. 

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 08:46:49 AM »
Yes the organisers would of payed to use the stadiums pretty standard. They are probably not giant soccer stadiums but smaller tennis or basketball stadiums where everything can be easily altered including the actual floor and all the seating. I went to a contest once that was filmed in a film studio warehouse where they probably made game shows or sitcoms or something so fancy looking warehouses is probably pretty likely too.

Ah so pretty much exactly what I thought happened. I wonder why this style of skating entertainment is no longer a thing. Probably the growth of skateparks and other places to do contests.

Thanks for the responses guys