Author Topic: Play about queer skaters streaming now  (Read 285 times)

cs_sull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Play about queer skaters streaming now
« on: September 22, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
Hey all,

I wanted to let you know about a play I wrote about queer skaters that's having a virtual production right now until 9/26 presented by the Blank Theater in Los Angeles.

It's a funny, personal play, loosely based on my own experiences growing up as a queer skater.

SK8ER BOIZ
Written by Chris Sullivan
Directed by Kazu Takeda

Jumping between past and present, two male skateboarders form a secret relationship amidst the macho culture of professional skateboarding. A dark comedy that takes a unique look at male sexuality and skating's evolving relationship with queerness.

You can get a free watch code here:
https://secure.givelively.org/event/blank-theatre-company/lrs-online-sk8er-boiz

I'm trying to get more people in the skate community to check it out, so feel free to spread the word! I think any skater will find something relatable in it, especially if you came of age in the early 2000s skate scene.

Thanks so much!

Chris

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: Play about queer skaters streaming now
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 12:23:25 AM »
Hey all,

I wanted to let you know about a play I wrote about queer skaters that's having a virtual production right now until 9/26 presented by the Blank Theater in Los Angeles.

It's a funny, personal play, loosely based on my own experiences growing up as a queer skater.

SK8ER BOIZ
Written by Chris Sullivan
Directed by Kazu Takeda

Jumping between past and present, two male skateboarders form a secret relationship amidst the macho culture of professional skateboarding. A dark comedy that takes a unique look at male sexuality and skating's evolving relationship with queerness.

You can get a free watch code here:
https://secure.givelively.org/event/blank-theatre-company/lrs-online-sk8er-boiz

I'm trying to get more people in the skate community to check it out, so feel free to spread the word! I think any skater will find something relatable in it, especially if you came of age in the early 2000s skate scene.

Thanks so much!

Chris
Def going to check it out.
Thank you for the invite & view code.
Congrats on getting your work produced.
Also, perhaps consider a repost in the Queer skaters talking queer shit thread.
Not nearly as many eyes on the events/classified section your post has been relegated to.
Best of luck with your theater run.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?