Author Topic: No comply frontside tailslide  (Read 943 times)

CorneliusCardew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
No comply frontside tailslide
« on: September 27, 2021, 07:41:59 PM »
How to do no comply frontside tail slide on curbs and legs? I've only been able to find trick tips about doing them on transition. I have no chance of landing them on transition I'm terrible at skating transition I really want to try and get them on street obstacles. My front side no comply works very well and my front side tail slides are fine it's just putting them together that's very difficult.

Frank and Fred

Re: No comply frontside tailslide
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 12:42:54 PM »
FS slappy, no comply tailslide can look OK on curbs and might help with a piece of the puzzle. Taking a no comply straight to tailslide on a curb or ledge will be awkward. Try it on a bank first.

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 01:21:42 PM »
message pontus on instagram

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 04:22:11 PM »
Josh pall has a sick one in the Lottie's must be stopped vid

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 11:25:41 PM »
Come at an angle and pop early, I haven’t gotten mine to slide properly on ledges but I can lock into them okay after playing around a bit recently

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 03:08:16 AM »
If you dont want to carve in on an angle maybe try find a ledge where you can pop from before the ledge starts/sort of in line with the edge.

Also I feel like it requires more straight step hop no comply skill rather than the 180 type.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 04:14:33 AM »
FS slappy, no comply tailslide can look OK on curbs and might help with a piece of the puzzle. Taking a no comply straight to tailslide on a curb or ledge will be awkward. Try it on a bank first.

This is correct, slappy is easier and works on ledges too because then you can guide the board up the wall and into the position with that back foot (just don't stand on the front foot as you're doing it since one quick hop is the very principle of the trick). Popping and jumping towards the ledge is harder unless you have good straight step hop technique where you can really level them out, otherwise it's a bit awkward to control the pop, angle and then the actual tailslide with just your back foot. That's why 270'ing into them is easier (or doing the trick to tail on banks/coping) because then you're just swinging the back of the board in front of you and have clearer control of both timing and momentum.

Or I reckon going over the top of the ledge at first as opposed to parallel (just like how some people 'cheat' nosebluntslides) may be a good first step, that's the approach I remember taking to learn no-comply lipslides and it worked out for me (still feels super awkward though).

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 02:41:02 AM »
Start bare bones. Go straight at the curb and no comply 180 into a stall. Once you can get that down, come at it from an angle. No clue about trying it on a ledge though.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 05:13:37 PM »
You have to commit to jumping back on your board before your tail even hits. its easier to learn them on a bank and you can really cheat them on transition. I keep my toe in the pocket to slide them so using more of my truck

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »
You could also practice on the TOP of the ledge and curve to get the motion of pushing and sliding. But the best way to figure out that trick really is on a bank. It's one of my favorites.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 05:42:44 PM »
@pizzafliptofakie has a mean one, I seent it.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2021, 05:43:40 PM »

Marsellus Wallace

• Rep: 2
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 11:56:38 AM »
did anybody figure out how to no complys tailslide on a ledge like in that part? I can do it on banks and ledges but this is a whole other level. I really don´t get the technique - is it more of a no comply 180 or a straight no comply motion into the tailslide?
https://youtu.be/Qlo5UfqxKi8?t=126