Author Topic: how do i scoop the full bs 360 and not pivot the last rotation???  (Read 1038 times)

Dirty_Dan90

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
how do i scoop the full bs 360 and not pivot the last rotation???
« on: September 28, 2021, 10:22:47 AM »
So ive been working on bs 360s off and on for the last few months(years) and can do the pivot cheat way pretty damn consistently but whenever i go for the bs 360 no pivot i always seem to either come up short or the board flys out halfway thru. I know tucking the shoulder in before scooping helps a lot but I feel like theres another technique im missing. Any tips?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 06:21:50 PM by rocklobster »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: how do i scoop the full bs 360 and not pivot the last rotation???
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:18:34 AM »
Back foot should be resting on the tail with the big toe in line with the concave, pointing towards the nose at an angle. Then when you throw your shoulders into the rotation and pop, you apply the pressure down right there and the board should stick to your back foot with the rebound off the tail as you come around. It's a bit similar to how you pop and scoop 360 flips except you go with it and don't flick. Proper shoulder movement is different from doing a 180 then pivoting, your upper body has to lead the rotation and you have to think about the second half of the 360 in advance to know where to look and land. Doing backside 360 slides on the ground or step hops on flat (that come around in just one motion) will teach you the flow of that trick.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 05:50:49 AM »
Thanks man!

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 06:15:49 AM »
Back foot should be resting on the tail with the big toe in line with the concave, pointing towards the nose at an angle. Then when you throw your shoulders into the rotation and pop, you apply the pressure down right there and the board should stick to your back foot with the rebound off the tail as you come around. It's a bit similar to how you pop and scoop 360 flips except you go with it and don't flick. Proper shoulder movement is different from doing a 180 then pivoting, your upper body has to lead the rotation and you have to think about the second half of the 360 in advance to know where to look and land. Doing backside 360 slides on the ground or step hops on flat (that come around in just one motion) will teach you the flow of that trick.

Great explanation, thank you

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 06:15:11 AM »
I know someone that says he does a 360 shuv but spins with it, which kind of makes sense but I can't put it into action on flat, always flip/go primo. Can only really do them over hips

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 11:28:53 PM »
Pop off your back toe.....land on your back toe....it's ok to engage your toe side swerve in that direction... It kind helps your body align it self with the board....

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 03:07:08 PM »
Scoop exactly like a tre flip, but don’t hang the back foot off near as much as a tre flip. Just enough to hang the toe off. Then wind up and jump straight up

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 03:59:53 PM »

ah yes, its all coming together now.... now please explain switch
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 06:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

·ʞɔᴉɹʇ ʇɐɥʇ ɟo ʍoʅɟ ǝɥʇ noʎ ɥɔɐǝʇ ʅʅᴉʍ )uoᴉʇoɯ ǝuo ʇsnꓩ uᴉ punoɹɐ ǝɯoɔ ʇɐɥʇ( ʇɐʅɟ uo sdoɥ dǝʇs ɹo punoɹɓ ǝɥʇ uo sǝpᴉʅs 09Ɛ ǝpᴉsʞɔɐq ɓuᴉoꓷ ·puɐʅ puɐ ʞooʅ oʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ oʇ ǝɔuɐʌpɐ uᴉ 09Ɛ ǝɥʇ ɟo ɟʅɐɥ puoɔǝs ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ʞuᴉɥʇ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ puɐ uoᴉʇɐʇoɹ ǝɥʇ pɐǝʅ oʇ sɐɥ ʎpoq ɹǝddn ɹnoʎ ʻɓuᴉʇoʌᴉd uǝɥʇ 08Ɩ ɐ ɓuᴉop ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟᴉp sᴉ ʇuǝɯǝʌoɯ ɹǝpʅnoɥs ɹǝdoɹꓒ ·ʞɔᴉʅɟ ʇˌuop puɐ ʇᴉ ɥʇᴉʍ oɓ noʎ ʇdǝɔxǝ sdᴉʅɟ 09Ɛ dooɔs puɐ dod noʎ ʍoɥ oʇ ɹɐʅᴉɯᴉs ʇᴉq ɐ sˌʇI ·punoɹɐ ǝɯoɔ noʎ sɐ ʅᴉɐʇ ǝɥʇ ɟɟo punoqǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʇooɟ ʞɔɐq ɹnoʎ oʇ ʞɔᴉʇs pʅnoɥs pɹɐoq ǝɥʇ puɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥɓᴉɹ uʍop ǝɹnssǝɹd ǝɥʇ ʎʅddɐ noʎ ʻdod puɐ uoᴉʇɐʇoɹ ǝɥʇ oʇuᴉ sɹǝpʅnoɥs ɹnoʎ ʍoɹɥʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ uǝɥꓕ ·ǝʅɓuɐ uɐ ʇɐ ǝsou ǝɥʇ spɹɐʍoʇ ɓuᴉʇuᴉod ʻǝʌɐɔuoɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝuᴉʅ uᴉ ǝoʇ ɓᴉq ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʅᴉɐʇ ǝɥʇ uo ɓuᴉʇsǝɹ ǝq pʅnoɥs ʇooɟ ʞɔɐꓭ

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 05:14:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

·ʞɔᴉɹʇ ʇɐɥʇ ɟo ʍoʅɟ ǝɥʇ noʎ ɥɔɐǝʇ ʅʅᴉʍ )uoᴉʇoɯ ǝuo ʇsnꓩ uᴉ punoɹɐ ǝɯoɔ ʇɐɥʇ( ʇɐʅɟ uo sdoɥ dǝʇs ɹo punoɹɓ ǝɥʇ uo sǝpᴉʅs 09Ɛ ǝpᴉsʞɔɐq ɓuᴉoꓷ ·puɐʅ puɐ ʞooʅ oʇ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ oʇ ǝɔuɐʌpɐ uᴉ 09Ɛ ǝɥʇ ɟo ɟʅɐɥ puoɔǝs ǝɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ʞuᴉɥʇ oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ puɐ uoᴉʇɐʇoɹ ǝɥʇ pɐǝʅ oʇ sɐɥ ʎpoq ɹǝddn ɹnoʎ ʻɓuᴉʇoʌᴉd uǝɥʇ 08Ɩ ɐ ɓuᴉop ɯoɹɟ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟᴉp sᴉ ʇuǝɯǝʌoɯ ɹǝpʅnoɥs ɹǝdoɹꓒ ·ʞɔᴉʅɟ ʇˌuop puɐ ʇᴉ ɥʇᴉʍ oɓ noʎ ʇdǝɔxǝ sdᴉʅɟ 09Ɛ dooɔs puɐ dod noʎ ʍoɥ oʇ ɹɐʅᴉɯᴉs ʇᴉq ɐ sˌʇI ·punoɹɐ ǝɯoɔ noʎ sɐ ʅᴉɐʇ ǝɥʇ ɟɟo punoqǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʇooɟ ʞɔɐq ɹnoʎ oʇ ʞɔᴉʇs pʅnoɥs pɹɐoq ǝɥʇ puɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥɓᴉɹ uʍop ǝɹnssǝɹd ǝɥʇ ʎʅddɐ noʎ ʻdod puɐ uoᴉʇɐʇoɹ ǝɥʇ oʇuᴉ sɹǝpʅnoɥs ɹnoʎ ʍoɹɥʇ noʎ uǝɥʍ uǝɥꓕ ·ǝʅɓuɐ uɐ ʇɐ ǝsou ǝɥʇ spɹɐʍoʇ ɓuᴉʇuᴉod ʻǝʌɐɔuoɔ ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝuᴉʅ uᴉ ǝoʇ ɓᴉq ǝɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ʅᴉɐʇ ǝɥʇ uo ɓuᴉʇsǝɹ ǝq pʅnoɥs ʇooɟ ʞɔɐꓭ

that's a caballerial
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 05:48:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

that's a caballerial

So you are one of those mutants who do not skate off the nose switch is what I'm really getting from this remark!

apbarbs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 06:22:40 AM »
one thing that helped me to force myself to lead with shoulders and get full rotation is to actively try to spot my landing during the first half of the trick - by leading with my eyes, my trailing shoulder would follow and i'd get more rotation