Author Topic: What's your policy for when someone yells "do a kickflip?"  (Read 8999 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Re: What's your policy for when someone yells "do a kickflip?"
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
One day I was having a bad day with kickflips and some dudes in a work truck drove by and said "let's see a kickflip brotha." I landed it first try and they cheered me on as they drove down the street. Couldn't land a single one after that though but it made my day haha.

That happened to me with some parents on my college campus and a front shove. It was sweet
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »
middle finger crotch grab combo

celery man

• Rep: -16
  • thanks cinco
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2021, 07:19:04 PM »
Only once I felt bad. i was in the middle of my city and some dude runs up with a camera going "kickFLEEP kickFLEEP". I tried to say hello but quickly realized he was here as a tourist this was the extent of my man's english. "Kickfleep". He started making a circular motion with his hand and putting his camera up. I really don't like my pic taken from folks i don't know so i gave him the regular head shake and X with the hands. He slunk away like Charlie Brown/George Michael from Arrested Development. I still feel bad to this day.

Just wanted to say, that guy was probably so upset because you flipped him off, X with the hands can be FU in some cultures

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2021, 08:09:58 PM »
next time ima ask for 10 bucks if its some shithead

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2021, 01:42:55 AM »
I don't have a policy on this, because this situation has never happened to me in my 30 years of skateboarding. I've heard about it, though. Like an urban legend.

I haven't been skating 30 years (I'm only 31 / a young child), but honestly same. I can't really recall anyone yelling "do a kickflip" at me. I think I would do it though. I love kickflips.

Here's a kickflip in February on a snowy cruiser board to remind everyone to get out and do kickflips while it is beautiful out or in all of your scenarios where strangers are yelling at you to "do a kickflip." Because one day, there won't be any dry spots and you'll be like "Dang, I wish I did that kickflip when they said to do one," in the event that any of these scenarios really happened. Unless you guys all live places where it's super nice all the time and if that's the case I guess cole me on the panny sty.

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2021, 06:12:30 AM »
depends on my mood.

sometimes i'll do a tre flip. sometimes i ignore them. sometimes i give them a finger.

never do a kickflip.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2021, 06:14:21 AM »
Just scream pow right in the kisser over and over until they take you away
listen to cosmic psychos

disappointed

• Rep: 100
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2021, 07:22:16 AM »
Was walking home from grocery store w my other half and some guy stopped his car on the side street and yeleld do a kickflip.

At first I was annoyed but then I saw it was some stoner guy who was bussin w excitement. Dude looked like Neen.

I was on my heavy ass cruiser (regular shape but big ass wheels and trucks)

Gave him 3 tries but I toe dragged bad on first 2 and on the third I primod and munched it.
He was so stoked I even tried and dapped me up. Dude was cool as hell almost hopped in the car and asked for a doobie lol
GF was simultaneously embarrassed and impressed. I may suck but im not a total kook
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2021, 07:31:50 AM »
Was walking home from grocery store w my other half and some guy stopped his car on the side street and yeleld do a kickflip.

At first I was annoyed but then I saw it was some stoner guy who was bussin w excitement. Dude looked like Neen.

I was on my heavy ass cruiser (regular shape but big ass wheels and trucks)

Gave him 3 tries but I toe dragged bad on first 2 and on the third I primod and munched it.
He was so stoked I even tried and dapped me up. Dude was cool as hell almost hopped in the car and asked for a doobie lol
GF was simultaneously embarrassed and impressed. I may suck but im not a total kook

tldr i'm not chico
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Brguy

« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2021, 10:33:59 AM »
I usually just shake my head no. 1) Cause it seems like they are asking me to perform and 2) cause my kickflips are absolutely trash.

Only once I felt bad. i was in the middle of my city and some dude runs up with a camera going "kickFLEEP kickFLEEP". I tried to say hello but quickly realized he was here as a tourist this was the extent of my man's english. "Kickfleep". He started making a circular motion with his hand and putting his camera up. I really don't like my pic taken from folks i don't know so i gave him the regular head shake and X with the hands. He slunk away like Charlie Brown/George Michael from Arrested Development. I still feel bad to this day.

For those who are saying they will do a kickflip, how do you feel if someone takes your picture skating (either by asking, shooting unasked, or sneaky pic style)? Not talking about friends. Talking about randoms
We're talking about regular occasions here, not freaks trying to perv on your tricks.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2021, 12:00:30 PM »
I take my clothes off bend over, spread my butt cheeks lift up my sack and cough

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2021, 12:47:43 PM »
Abp but yeah, 5 euros money first.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2021, 05:49:22 PM »
About 10 years ago when I had the flick I was walking across the street from a class field trip, a little dude yelled the slogan. I had my board under my arm and I was on the side walk, I gave it a split second thought and decided to chance it. Threw my board down on the road and smoked one right up to my feet. 30 little kids lost their shit, I pushed off down the road while they cheered. Brings a smile to my face even today.  (thanks for opportunity to beam that one op)

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2021, 02:09:13 AM »
I usually show them my dick instead. I have my dicks on lock, bro!

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2021, 01:13:12 AM »
Give the people what they want.

Unless I’m just in a shit mood, I do that kickflip. In my experience, it stokes the person out.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2021, 01:20:04 AM »
Usually laugh nervously and wave because i can only pull heelflips. Can't even keep a kickflip underneath of me I end up shooting the board out 10 feet in front of me like a child

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2021, 01:38:31 AM »
Was waiting for a friend outside the supermarket today and the security guard asked me to do an impossible.
"i can't do an impossible sorry"
"double kickflip then?"
I proceed to tell him that a double kickflip is a tasteless trick but i can do a regular or bs kickflip for him and he sulks and goes back inside the supermarket. Guys i think maybe he skates or used to and i just dissed out his proudest trick or something, i kinda feel bad about it
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

anal drill

• Rep: -16
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2021, 03:08:20 AM »
i do doubleflip

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2021, 03:13:12 AM »
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2021, 05:56:18 AM »
Boneless 900 on flat

Loki700

• Rep: 78
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2021, 11:08:15 AM »
Usually ignore, but if it’s a kid, or someone who legit seems stoked on skating, I’ll oblige
teslas are the longboards of automobiles

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
I usually show them my dick instead. I have my dicks on lock, bro!

Damn, Berle got a trick on your wiener?

Banned from the room

« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2021, 08:10:50 PM »
I kook them.

If they asked for like 360 Ollie I'd give them a high 5 and do FS bs heli pop and if there's a curb cut I'll try switch ones twice for being so close to my heart.

I've given out impossibles pressure flips and Fakie heel to those deserving. Those are my permanent tricks.

Flicking a kickflip without like a warm up while out in transit could end a session before you get the the spot.

Be like 360 Ollies and water so when you pivot all steezy they look like they aren't the cheating version. If a Back 3 One footed tail grab went down. The normies all would croak in front of the package store.

I'm stoned af

Lhotse

• Rep: -36
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2021, 11:43:46 PM »
I laugh and paraphrase Tone Loc by saying "I need 20 dolla to make you holla, I get PAID to do the kickflip!"  8)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2021, 11:47:52 PM »
Flicking a kickflip without like a warm up while out in transit could end a session before you get the the spot.

The bro knows
listen to cosmic psychos

CheeseSteak

• Rep: -2
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2021, 01:53:11 PM »
It's all about the ask... like if it's a pretty girl I might just do one before she even says anything. If it's some young punk, I just brush them off.

What's really annoying is rolling into a skatepark and before I've even put my stuff down they're asking to play skate. Fuck off nerd

village_idiot

• Rep: -2
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2021, 04:12:48 PM »
Heelflip

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2021, 04:53:51 PM »
happened today again. same russian dude dressed like furby. except this time he was basically yelling across the street as he passed the elderly mans house. initially ignored him but he kept asking. i was taking a break and sitting though. get tired fast. so i asked for 10 bucks and he walked away

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2021, 05:18:17 PM »
do it switch so that if they’re a skater they know wassup
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?