Author Topic: Socks  (Read 1120 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
Re: Socks
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2022, 07:08:36 PM »
A good sock goes a long way. I got these Columbia ones for Xmas, these things have changed my skating I swear. And as stated before, bombas treat your feet right. I was always a cheap dollar store brand cotton sock guy before my girlfriend put me on...

If you're skating old crusties, start by going to like a TJ Maxx or Burlington and getting some quality socks for the low and see for yourself.
The exact geographical location of skateboarding's core is directly under the DC logo at the Rob Dyrdek Plaza in Kettering Ohio.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:37 PM »
Gold toe crew socks

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2022, 08:23:38 PM »
Bombas are noticeably comfortable. A good everyday wearing sock. For skating their a lil to sweaty but literally any other time. Bombas

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2022, 08:37:04 PM »
Bombas are noticeably comfortable. A good everyday wearing sock. For skating their a lil to sweaty but literally any other time. Bombas

They make a "performance" sock for running. Might try em bc yeah, I've soaked the wool ones in the humid midwest summer more than once
The exact geographical location of skateboarding's core is directly under the DC logo at the Rob Dyrdek Plaza in Kettering Ohio.

mamba

• Rep: 58
  • egg head
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2022, 08:46:00 PM »
A good sock goes a long way. I got these Columbia ones for Xmas, these things have changed my skating I swear. And as stated before, bombas treat your feet right. I was always a cheap dollar store brand cotton sock guy before my girlfriend put me on...

If you're skating old crusties, start by going to like a TJ Maxx or Burlington and getting some quality socks for the low and see for yourself.

Dude. I got the same socks. Columbia socks from TJ max. 6 pack for like 10 bucks. such a good deal

SaySo

• Rep: 76
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2022, 11:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They make a "performance" sock for running. Might try em bc yeah, I've soaked the wool ones in the humid midwest summer more than once

Do you get them on discount/sale somewhere? The site lists the running socks for around $16 (USD) (2.2 gallons of gas... a pair.). Hella pricey.

"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

Vintagebody

• Rep: 10
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2022, 11:24:35 PM »
I dont like skating those running socks. Got some Nike Multiplier socks, and they wick away sweat in a way that it feels like my feet move within the sock, within the shoe. A well made thin merino wool sock is the best.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2022, 12:41:01 AM »
quick socks question: so i have some socks that are black and after skating in them my whole feet are covered in black fluff/lint. why is that? these aren't even old socks i am talkinn about. i am trying to figure out what type of socks do this to avoid buying them/avoid going skating in them. anyone have similar experiences? it's kinda annoying

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2022, 02:37:31 AM »
@somethingmustbreaknow definitely had it happen with new black cotton blend socks, but after a wash cycle they're usually all good.

@SaySo gotta jump on sales because they are so expensive, but I usually get a pair or two as gifts each year. The fuckers last forever