Author Topic: How to slappy fs hurricane curb?  (Read 544 times)

ToshiroTownune

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 70
How to slappy fs hurricane curb?
« on: January 31, 2022, 01:31:28 PM »
For anyone that can do them, where do you hold your weight as you get on? In what direction are you leaning as you hold the grind? And how do you deal with not getting on, ie do you try to err on the side of leaning back too far vs too forward? I find it helpful in learning tricks if I can also know how to safely bail it. Any tips appreciated.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: How to slappy fs hurricane curb?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:12:28 PM »
The way I learned slappy fs hurricane is that I put my backfoot in the back pocket of my tail. I tend not to think about the trick on where I put my weight and more about my shoulders. I have my shoulders perpendicular to the curb so that its easier to come off. When I dont get on I just try again, its really a timing thing. I always like to get on the curb when there is a crack, that way I can mentally prepare myself to get on there. I learned hurricanes on ledges first before taking it to a curb.

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
Re: How to slappy fs hurricane curb?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:52:19 PM »
I haven't done those in forever but I remember learning them a decade ago by approaching the curb similarly to how I would for a frontside boardslide (maybe with exacerbated upper body posture and angle), and then pretending the curb suddenly were transition and go for what would be locking into a backside feeble on coping position - with the right momentum you will grind. Front board type of wind up helps pop back out to regular instead of the halfcab way (which I don't think is technically supposed to happen on hurricanes for them to be called hurricanes - by pedantic definition those aren't supposed to go 360, it's part of their concept that one is supposed to bring them back around) or to fakie. Fun trick I now feel like I should relearn/start doing again too so thanks for that.