Author Topic: Title Fight  (Read 4038 times)

FacetSquared

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: Title Fight
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2022, 06:00:25 AM »
cold world is so corny and just sincerely weird dudes, but title fight is still so sick. they’re a super formative band for me. i wanna shout out siren records on some same-county shit but siren sucks, especially as a venue, and everyone knows it.

i remember exactly how i felt listening to floral green the first time. i still feel that way when that drum roll starts. i always wonder what would have happened if hyperview sounded like blacklisted like the songs they went into the studio with

Were you not a fan of Siren as a venue/record store even when it was on the 2nd floor on Main Street back in 2008? I played Siren after it had moved to across the County Theater on State Street, and it was definitely different, for sure.

I grew up in Bensalem, and we didn’t have much of a scene after the early 2000s - just before I started going to shows, we had Polanka Park, which so many rad bands had played. By the time I was in high school, there wasn’t shit going on and it was me and my one other friend or few who were the only kids who liked punk an its other subgenres.

That all being said, not having a record store in my sprawling-ass, gigantic shit town that was too big for itself, not having a Main Street, not having a music scene, had me just really excited to go to any show or be at any venue. So, I can’t really include myself in that “everyone” who knows it sucks. I don’t say this to be contrarian or condescending or to say you took things for granted - just saying why I’m not one of those people, and I genuinely ask what is up with Siren and what is it that you say everyone doesn’t like about it.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »
Expand Quote
cold world is so corny and just sincerely weird dudes, but title fight is still so sick. they’re a super formative band for me. i wanna shout out siren records on some same-county shit but siren sucks, especially as a venue, and everyone knows it.

i remember exactly how i felt listening to floral green the first time. i still feel that way when that drum roll starts. i always wonder what would have happened if hyperview sounded like blacklisted like the songs they went into the studio with
[close]

Were you not a fan of Siren as a venue/record store even when it was on the 2nd floor on Main Street back in 2008? I played Siren after it had moved to across the County Theater on State Street, and it was definitely different, for sure.

I grew up in Bensalem, and we didn’t have much of a scene after the early 2000s - just before I started going to shows, we had Polanka Park, which so many rad bands had played. By the time I was in high school, there wasn’t shit going on and it was me and my one other friend or few who were the only kids who liked punk an its other subgenres.

That all being said, not having a record store in my sprawling-ass, gigantic shit town that was too big for itself, not having a Main Street, not having a music scene, had me just really excited to go to any show or be at any venue. So, I can’t really include myself in that “everyone” who knows it sucks. I don’t say this to be contrarian or condescending or to say you took things for granted - just saying why I’m not one of those people, and I genuinely ask what is up with Siren and what is it that you say everyone doesn’t like about it.

i’m talking about the one after it moved and was on the first floor on main street. i was way too young and uninvolved to see the first iteration. i also went to high school in bensalem and am from bucks county too, so i feel you on having nothing in the form of culture. i just always hated playing siren. the owner was a dick, the shows always felt weird and they would always find a way to condescend to you about the most meaningless shit. out of curiosity, how old are you? did you get to catch the heyday of the doylestown thing? bc i would have loved to catch all those bands on the come up.

in conclusion, i was slapping while drunk and maybe took some exaggerated shots at siren. it’s fine, i just had bad experiences playing there.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 08:01:27 AM »

you really lost me with the first statement but you reeled me back in by the end.

i'll let this cold world slander slide this once just because you relate to having an out of body experience every time numb i still feel it starts.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2022, 08:29:43 AM »
Ngl, hyped to see this thread always popping. Title fight isnt my thing but early 2010’s Wilkes-Barre hardcore was so fucking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8IFt3vl648&ab_channel=VSSX13  :D ?

Expand Quote

[close]

you really lost me with the first statement but you reeled me back in by the end.

i'll let this cold world slander slide this once just because you relate to having an out of body experience every time numb i still feel it starts.

i can admit that i wasn't too into cold world back when they were active(sadly probably went outside during some of their sets lol) and didn't fully give em a chance until it was too late. babies born feet first is such a fun album once i realized they weren't taking themselves too seriously. shit slaps lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CD7TXMaGOk&ab_channel=toxicterror55

FacetSquared

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2022, 08:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i’m talking about the one after it moved and was on the first floor on main street. i was way too young and uninvolved to see the first iteration. i also went to high school in bensalem and am from bucks county too, so i feel you on having nothing in the form of culture. i just always hated playing siren. the owner was a dick, the shows always felt weird and they would always find a way to condescend to you about the most meaningless shit. out of curiosity, how old are you? did you get to catch the heyday of the doylestown thing? bc i would have loved to catch all those bands on the come up.

in conclusion, i was slapping while drunk and maybe took some exaggerated shots at siren. it’s fine, i just had bad experiences playing there.

Sounds about on par for Central Bucks - the condescension and things. Central Bucks is wack.

I’m 31, turn 32 next month, and graduated from Bensalem High School in 2008. I’m not exactly sure what is regarded as the heyday of Siren, but I started going there in the fall of 2007 - went to see Title Fight, and I think I was with two friends and Bill, who was doing Flightplan Records at the time and putting out the Kingston 7”.

I’m pretty sure I was at Balance & Composure’s first show. Even got to see Title Fight play with Algernon Cadwallader, Bridge and Tunnel, and Balance. Algernon had us sit on the floor of Siren, and Bridge and Tunnel played one of the best sets I had ever seen. Saw Tigers Jaw a ridiculous amount of times - maybe the first time they ever played Doylestown? After shows stopped on the second floor of Siren, I went to a lot of shows at The Moose Lodge. Honestly, I would go to any show in the Delaware Valley that Title Fight or Tigers Jaw played. I think from 2007 until their recent hiatus, I only missed a show or two that Title Fight played.

From what years were you at BHS?

FacetSquared

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2022, 08:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Ngl, hyped to see this thread always popping. Title fight isnt my thing but early 2010’s Wilkes-Barre hardcore was so fucking good.
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i can admit that i wasn't too into cold world back when they were active(sadly probably went outside during some of their sets lol) and didn't fully give em a chance until it was too late. babies born feet first is such a fun album once i realized they weren't taking themselves too seriously. shit slaps lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CD7TXMaGOk&ab_channel=toxicterror55

Woo! This fucking Bad Seed track slaps so hard! Always loved it! Hell yeah!

Prinzy

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BIG UPS TO BAD SEED, the "I AM THE JUDGE" bit in Justice Deserved makes me want to commit a felony.

I get that having got into Cold World almost a decade after Dedicated To...'s release, I had a much different first experience with them than someone who was in the scene during their prime. Could totally understand Cold World be jarring at first listen, it definitely was for me. But at that point they were hardcore canon and was a constant recommendation as I was getting into the genre.

I'm just glad you see the light now.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2022, 09:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sounds about on par for Central Bucks - the condescension and things. Central Bucks is wack.

I’m 31, turn 32 next month, and graduated from Bensalem High School in 2008. I’m not exactly sure what is regarded as the heyday of Siren, but I started going there in the fall of 2007 - went to see Title Fight, and I think I was with two friends and Bill, who was doing Flightplan Records at the time and putting out the Kingston 7”.

I’m pretty sure I was at Balance & Composure’s first show. Even got to see Title Fight play with Algernon Cadwallader, Bridge and Tunnel, and Balance. Algernon had us sit on the floor of Siren, and Bridge and Tunnel played one of the best sets I had ever seen. Saw Tigers Jaw a ridiculous amount of times - maybe the first time they ever played Doylestown? After shows stopped on the second floor of Siren, I went to a lot of shows at The Moose Lodge. Honestly, I would go to any show in the Delaware Valley that Title Fight or Tigers Jaw played. I think from 2007 until their recent hiatus, I only missed a show or two that Title Fight played.

From what years were you at BHS?

i went to ghost and graduated in 2012. youre pretty much describing what seems like the golden age to me. balance/tigers jaw/daylight/title fight/etc. all coming up and playing shows in PA. jealous you saw algernon. i missed their moment by inches and then they were just ruined by the 900 algernon rip-off bands i saw in philly. i’ve heard little whispers of a reunion but can’t speak with anything even resembling certainty.

Prinzy

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2022, 03:55:06 PM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 06:40:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/Z6FjDirUuhA

I was such a huge title fight fan, I remember hearing symmetry and just being totally hooked. I probably watched this tour video hundreds of times. They just seemed like they were having so much fun, doing all the things I wanted to do…

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2022, 08:10:24 AM »
Glad to see this thread popping, I miss TF and glad I got to see them a bunch. Crazy it’s been 12 years since the first time I saw them with Balance and Composure(rip)
Y’all heard the nada surf cover before? It’s a favorite of mine

https://youtu.be/y-bzM2xv_OQ
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2022, 09:04:38 AM »
^i don't know nada surf besides that track but i do know they covered this 90's emo gem by Vitreous Humor which always seemed so random to me

https://youtu.be/g8ZBs9RQA4M

the original is one of my all time fav songs. so damn good
https://youtu.be/xPWlQ-tC4r0

user18081971

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2022, 12:09:01 PM »
Was waiting til someone mentioned bad seed… cold world is weird for sure but they go so hard. I remember they had a bunch of skate rip t shirts like 101 graphics

cky enthusiast

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2022, 11:59:32 AM »
i used to live down the street from algernon and had to deal with them practicing all the time. insufferable stuff. the only bucks band i ever liked was mother of mercy and i think malice at the palace is okay. i watched the doylestown straight edge dudes get their heads knocked off by the city crew. more than once

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2022, 01:55:31 PM »
okay
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2022, 02:24:12 PM »

cky enthusiast

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2022, 03:33:25 PM »
been smoking all day my bad

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2022, 05:50:15 PM »
been smoking all day my bad

Algernon sucked, you're not wrong.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2022, 06:28:17 PM »
i'll take algernon over modern baseball

trash

• Rep: 11
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2022, 03:43:21 AM »

I am irrationally angry at this take.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2022, 08:40:16 PM »
i used to live down the street from algernon and had to deal with them practicing all the time. insufferable stuff. the only bucks band i ever liked was mother of mercy and i think malice at the palace is okay. i watched the doylestown straight edge dudes get their heads knocked off by the city crew. more than once

staggeringly unpopular opinion. did you live down the street from mama’s or something?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2022, 07:27:41 PM »
yeah same block but closer to thompson st. was a bike messenger/skate/graff house. band sucked idk what you want from me holmes. the block was
not feeling it

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2022, 07:54:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 37
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »
Wake up every day hoping for new Title Fight sounds ❤️
Getting cucked by your hero on acid is TIGHT.

CatchMyFADE

• Rep: 17
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2022, 09:22:39 AM »

you & me both, w/ turnstile blowing up how they are, I could see TF dropping something new & jumping on a tour w/ them. Makes sense in my head.

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2022, 09:26:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you & me both, w/ turnstile blowing up how they are, I could see TF dropping something new & jumping on a tour w/ them. Makes sense in my head.
I think they did a show together way back when for a benefit, so it’s not crazy to hope they’d do a tour with them once Ned takes a break from Glitterer.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2022, 05:42:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hell i would take Basement over Algernon

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2022, 06:51:00 AM »
I'm loving the raw energy of the pre-Shed stuff recently. Been listening to it on my lunchtime skate session to help me push through the midday heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82vTr8tKrfY

stratosphere

• Rep: 8
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2022, 09:24:18 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glLv7TF4kpI

Do yourself a favor if you've never heard this...

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2022, 03:27:40 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glLv7TF4kpI

Do yourself a favor if you've never heard this...

Sick, I didn't even know this existed! I'll check it out.