Author Topic: Caliber IIIs just arrived.  (Read 5569 times)

JimGeko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: Caliber IIIs just arrived.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2021, 05:21:26 AM »
the simulation is shitting the bed. soon all you bots and NPCs will be posting anything with the tag "SKATE" in your system.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2021, 06:08:02 AM »
Expand Quote
That’s a serious set-up.
How fast you get on those bad boys?
And what wheels are you running?
[close]

I don't know that guy. The image is from when they used to do a World Cup Downhill Race there before Covid, where the best riders from all over the world would come to Florida, Massachusetts to compete in a sanctioned race on that road for prize money.
As for Whitcomb Hill Rd? 45 mph standing up, 70 mph in a tuck if you have leathers and a seriously good full face helmet. Over 60 is kinda the Death Zone where if you eat it bad and slide into the guard rails, that could be it for you.
Skaters who really go 'all in' on downhill, think nothing of spending $800.00 or more on Swiss precision trucks and another $1000.00 and up on leathers than need replaced occasionally, $250.- $400.00 or more for a deck? It adds up for sure but it is what it is.
and the wheels? There's at least a dozen or more companies that make downhill wheels. I use both 65 and 70mm Blood Orange 80As. I don't know what wheels the guy in the picture has. If you want to see it done well, watch any Josh Neuman video on his YouTube channel.

*This is what Swiss Precision trucks look like if you've never seen them and know this before you laugh at the price, you're betting your life on these trucks not failing. No guaranteed second chances at that speed.

Ok, I’m a bit disappointed that’s not you. But if you do downhill, do you know your fastest speed?
Are you flipping the hangers on your Calibers and bombing with a full-face helmet?

I’ve dabbled, and I really like technical downhill, but I haven’t bombed in a full tuck for any amount of time.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 07:59:59 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

al_cvbrera

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2021, 07:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
That’s a serious set-up.
[close]

I don't know that guy. The image is from when they used to do a World Cup Downhill Race there before Covid, where the best riders from all over the world would come to Florida, Massachusetts to compete in a sanctioned race on that road for prize money.
As for Whitcomb Hill Rd? 45 mph standing up, 70 mph in a tuck if you have leathers and a seriously good full face helmet. Over 60 is kinda the Death Zone where if you eat it bad and slide into the guard rails, that could be it for you.
Skaters who really go 'all in' on downhill, think nothing of spending $800.00 or more on Swiss precision trucks and another $1000.00 and up on leathers than need replaced occasionally, $250.- $400.00 or more for a deck? It adds up for sure but it is what it is.
and the wheels? There's at least a dozen or more companies that make downhill wheels. I use both 65 and 70mm Blood Orange 80As. I don't know what wheels the guy in the picture has. If you want to see it done well, watch any Josh Neuman video on his YouTube channel.

*This is what Swiss Precision trucks look like if you've never seen them and know this before you laugh at the price, you're betting your life on these trucks not failing. No guaranteed second chances at that speed.

why did i immediately think of beyblades

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2021, 08:03:13 AM »
I have a pair of these that were gifted to me w a complete. Great downhill or bowl trucks but super heavy.

I'm all for the downhill dudes doing their thing, but any time i see someone rocking trucks like that in a bowl, the evil socal bowl symbiote inside of me starts to come out

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2021, 08:37:46 AM »
Wow...calling some of you people stupid, just might be insulting to stupid people.
As for where and what I do that you seem so knowledgeable about? THIS! THE most awesome pool, purpose built for skating ever created that we call The Pit, is where I ride the 8.5 Element Seal board that's supposedly so shitty because..I have Size 12 feet and long legs and it's the longest 8.5" deck I could find that fits me.
So go fuck yourself, you pretentious cunt and just to pile on a little more? The Pit is a little more than a 5 minute walk from my house.

The 7 ft deep so-called 'Shallow end'.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 08:50:58 AM »
Wow...calling some of you people stupid, just might be insulting to stupid people.
As for where and what I do that you seem so knowledgeable about? THIS! THE most awesome pool, purpose built for skating ever created that we call The Pit, is where I ride the 8.5 Element Seal board that's supposedly so shitty because..I have Size 12 feet and long legs and it's the longest 8.5" deck I could find that fits me.
So go fuck yourself, you pretentious cunt and just to pile on a little more? The Pit is a little more than a 5 minute walk from my house.

The birth of a copypasta.  Truly a majestic experience.

Get hungry on it!

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2021, 08:54:01 AM »

Reads like the navy seal copypasta

Frank and Fred

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2021, 08:56:18 AM »
Wait did @smoothbrain just reveal themselves to be @Lhotse ?

Ok. Boring.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2021, 09:00:17 AM »

Ok. Boring.

Nah just copied his post

smoothbrain

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2021, 09:04:57 AM »

Ok. Boring.

I wish I had the opportunity to skate "the pit" but no such luck and my feet fit a bit better on an 8.5 than his would but I like your detective work

Lhotse

• Rep: -36
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I swear this 'Ignore' prompt is the best!  8)
[close]
Dude’s basically going to end up just talking to himself after he ends up ignoring this entire forum. Maybe there’s a Facebook longboard group you could join or have you been kicked out of all of them until you ended up here?

Don't overestimate my need for the validation of people I've never met. No one bullies me online or offline. If you come correct? I'm the most loyal friend you'll ever have but trolls and "internet tough guys" don't get under my skin. They're nothing but letters on a monitor screen. Nothing more.

smoothbrain

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude’s basically going to end up just talking to himself after he ends up ignoring this entire forum. Maybe there’s a Facebook longboard group you could join or have you been kicked out of all of them until you ended up here?
[close]

Don't overestimate my need for the validation of people I've never met. No one bullies me online or offline. If you come correct? I'm the most loyal friend you'll ever have but trolls and "internet tough guys" don't get under my skin. They're nothing but letters on a monitor screen. Nothing more.

‘Me and all the people who came correct’

sketchyrider

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2021, 09:57:17 AM »
i know this goof doctor is just trollin but doesn't caliber make regular TKP trucks?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2021, 10:10:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That’s a serious set-up.
[close]

[close]

Ok, I’m a bit disappointed that’s not you. But if you do downhill, do you know your fastest speed?
Are you flipping the hangers on your Calibers and bombing with a full-face helmet?

I’ve dabbled, and I really like technical downhill, but I haven’t bombed in a full tuck for any amount of time.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2021, 10:33:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

‘Me and all the people who came correct’

I just noticed that this is a photo of his computer monitor oh my god this has been some of the richest slap content I have seen in years

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
Expand Quote
I just noticed that this is a photo of his computer monitor oh my god this has been some of the richest slap content I have seen in years
[close]

What are you, regular or did the doctor drop you on your head when you were born? It happens. It's a thing. That's a real picture from a cheap digital camera taken outside but think what you want, if that's what gets you through the day, sport.
Jealous of my boards? Wish you could afford nice things too? Tired of living in Mommy's basement, sniping people on the internet for validation? I imagine it must really suck to be you. Bitter, broke, no friends, no girlfriend..or boyfriend. Who knows these days, right?  ;D

TA wannabe tops it off with ableism and a touch of homophobia  :-*

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are you, regular or did the doctor drop you on your head when you were born? It happens. It's a thing. That's a real picture from a cheap digital camera taken outside but think what you want, if that's what gets you through the day, sport.
Jealous of my boards? Wish you could afford nice things too? Tired of living in Mommy's basement, sniping people on the internet for validation? I imagine it must really suck to be you. Bitter, broke, no friends, no girlfriend..or boyfriend. Who knows these days, right?  ;D

He should have worn a helmet when dropping in the SHALLOW END OF THE PIT (7 feet deep!!!)

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2021, 12:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll have you know that I'm a poverty-stricken, self-loathing, bitter, friendless, single, bisexual person who still lives at my mom's house, cyberbullies people to boost my self image, was dropped on the head at birth by my mom's obstetrician and is very jealous of your longboard collection, and I do not appreciate that comment. I live in Nor Cal though, we don't really have basements to live in over here.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1561
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2021, 12:19:08 PM »
@Lhotse no one is jealous of your longboards.

We’re jealous of your childlike sense of wonder and give em hell attitude.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

logjammin

• Rep: 365
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2021, 01:10:26 PM »
This has gotta be a troll or something lol...no way....

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »
I honestly haven't felt the same since the arrival of the Caliber IIIs

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2021, 01:13:35 PM »
Haha Lhotse rules
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2321
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2021, 01:21:00 PM »
Me making it to the end of this thread:

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2021, 01:22:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a pair of these that were gifted to me w a complete. Great downhill or bowl trucks but super heavy.
[close]

I'm all for the downhill dudes doing their thing, but any time i see someone rocking trucks like that in a bowl, the evil socal bowl symbiote inside of me starts to come out

Yea it is only on my crusty cruiser setup. they look actually closer to normal trucks than the ones posted. Great for speed, but heavy as an aircraft carrier. No wheel bite with longboard wheels on my popsicle 8.5

my homie who gave it to me was balls deep into downhill for a few years before an alcohol induced longboard accident that almost focused his existence.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh yeah, by the way, your longboard trucks ain't shit, roller skates sawn in half can go faster than you

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »
Try to be a nicer and more positive and accepting person. Winning arguments by being clever isn't all it's cracked up to be and you'll find your overall quality of life will significantly improve without the unnecessary toxicity wearing you down over time.
Fuck your mother for both mistakes.

I don't think this is the place for me.  ::)
You guys are like those golfers who think they can buy their game in the pro shop, instead of taking a lesson from the pro and just learning how to hit a golf ball correctly.
You keep buying into a marketing strategy that tries to convince you that what you bought last year now sucks and you have to spend more money to stay relevant....

Remember, the companies NEED you to keep buying every year to stay in business, you don't 'need' the difference in one $60.
My Ace AF1 55s.  8)

and my Ace AF1 33s.  I never ride this board, I'm too afraid to damage it. I'm 58 and this deck was like the 'Holy Grail' in the 70s. Never thought I'd own one but I do now. ;)

Ace AF1s are the best trucks on the market! NOTHING turns as fast as or is stronger. Jeff Tershey took the Stage 3 geometry when he left Independent after working there for years with Eric and Fausto and tweaked it to perfection. Except for downhill, I doubt I'll ever buy another brand of truck for pool riding. Ace is also what comes on all completes from Alva Skates. Good enough for T.A.? Good enough for me and of ALL the people I know who switched over to Ace? Everybody loves them! Not a single complaint ever from anyone, just enthusiasm.  ;)
* I just wish they would come out with a 10" Model '88' so I can replace the Indy 215s on my 10x33 pool board.
My new slappy/pool board. 10x33 Moose blank, Indy 215s, a custom paint job that will cost MORE than the rest of the board, side rails and these 'trash' 53mm wheels with a huge radius on the inside and a small contact patch, along with cheap bearings for Slappy Grind Saturdays with the crew.
I swap out the wheels and bearings for 56mm Spitfire F4 Full Conicals with Bones Swiss 6 Balls for pool riding.

Just got them from directly from Caliber today and it's raining here!  ::) Here's some pictures and an old Call II ad with the new Cal III ads for comparison. 8)

An old Cal II ad.

;D

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2322
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2021, 02:02:43 PM »
Lhotse is the gift that keeps on giving.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lhotse

• Rep: -36
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2021, 02:14:20 PM »

Wow, you went through all that work just to make on impression on me?!  ;)

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2021, 02:18:23 PM »
Lhotse is the gift that keeps on giving.
If only there was a way to keep him contained to this thread that he created, that way we could pop in and see what antics he's up to without it spilling in to the other boards.

Get hungry on it!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2021, 02:29:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wow, you went through all that work just to make on impression on me?!  ;)
Under a minute and a half of copying and pasting from two tabs on my browser. I can show you how to do it if you have time before your 6pm bedtime.