Author Topic: Metroid Dread  (Read 605 times)

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 114
Metroid Dread
« on: October 08, 2021, 03:38:30 PM »
I’m sure there are some Metroid fans out there. How do you guys like it? I’ve only ever played the Prime series, I never had Nintendo systems for the original Metroids, so this is kind of my first proper one. Digging it so far, but the Emmis can be a bit much. Glad that you can explore the Emmi zones uninhibited once defeated.

Please, discuss.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
Re: Metroid Dread
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 06:46:05 AM »
Loved the Metroid games as a kid and haven’t played the new one yet but been eyeing it for a minute now. Excited to hear the early feedback on it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 11:16:49 PM »
Just got my hands on a Switch Oled (didn't own a Switch before hand), plan on getting my hands on this when I have some free time before the end of 2021.

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 05:39:16 PM »
This game is awesome so far. Everything you’d expect from a modern side scrolling Metroid I’d think. Bosses are challenging but not over the top, love see long the new worlds. Love the classic gaming style

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 82
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 10:47:33 AM »
Great game so far.
Cocteau Twins

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 12:55:49 PM »
I’m at the point in my life where I don’t want to be chased in a video game. Can’t hang anymore.

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 02:14:42 PM »
Haha yeah, the chase sequences are whack but you can pretty much force your way through them through trial and error. I never was a fan of chasing in games, too much anxiety - was barely able to make it through RE8 cause of all the chase aspects. Ironically enough I love stealth games. MGSV was… chef’s kiss. I’ve played all of the MGSs and that one perfected it.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »
I’m at the point in my life where I don’t want to be chased in a video game. Can’t hang anymore.

I feel ya, but it’s actually kinda chill and fun as the stakes are so low. The boss fights are the thing that’ll stop me from finishing it. Up to that big Cunt in chains and it’s killin me.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 03:25:05 PM »
Ok, i've now 100% all times in this cunt, and i'm up to the final boss who is a massive ball ache, but i'll get him.  I thought I was well beyond playing games with hard boss battles, but this has been a blast.