Author Topic: Geoguessr  (Read 238 times)

nicotinewheel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -75
Geoguessr
« on: February 25, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
Anybody into playing Geoguessr? I'm honestly not even sure if it qualifies as a "video game" strictly?

For the last year or so I've been playing pretty much every day, at the least just the daily challenge & don't feel like I'm getting tired of it at all.

Especially as someone who hasn't ever had the means to do much travelling I feel as if I've learned quite a bit just by exploring random drops looking for identifying characteristics.

I've attempted to get some friends into it with no luck, figure there has to be at least a couple pals out there geoguessing?

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
Re: Geoguessr
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 08:22:20 PM »
Geoguesser is pretty fun. Just checked it out after a year of not playing it, and holy shit! It's so polished now. 

Thanks for reminding me it exists. 
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

nicotinewheel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -75
Re: Geoguessr
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »
Geoguesser is pretty fun. Just checked it out after a year of not playing it, and holy shit! It's so polished now. 

Thanks for reminding me it exists.
Yeah just over the last year they've updated the front page and added a ton of head to head options and custom maps. The custom maps especiallly add a lot of value, some of the official gg maps have a pretty uneven distribution of drops. Like just this week the daily challenge had drops in Malta for days in a row & the same beach in Kinchen County Taiwan shows up nearly once a week.

I know they lost some people when they made it pay to play but 25 dollars or so for a year is well worth it considering how easy it is to spend 25 bucks on whatever else.

I've put many people to sleep talking geoguessr so I'm trying my best to hold back here  ;D