Author Topic: Recommendations for SNES and/or PlayStation 1 games  (Read 579 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 544
Re: Recommendations for SNES and/or PlayStation 1 games
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 06:49:15 AM »
On the SNES, Super Punch Out!.

Heard a lot of good things about that one, I'll check it out <3

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 891
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2021, 10:07:08 AM »

Such a fun game.  I used to be able to run through every single boxer in the game first try.
Shoe size: 6.5
Shirt size: 3X
Pants: 42-44W  24-26L

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2021, 03:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Such a fun game.  I used to be able to run through every single boxer in the game first try.

Me too, the learning curve in general in that game was awesome. Difficulty ramping up by forcing you to adapt to all the game mechanics with each new opponent just as they become muscle memory and you become addicted to the time trials mode. No wonder why the NES version at least is popular in speed running it seems like. There's a YouTube doco out there on people learning how to beat it blindfolded too.

Joe Davola

• Rep: 34
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »
Whatever you do, donít go to my old bedroom, open the top left dresser drawer, and play this.

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2021, 07:45:40 PM »
Whatever you do, donít go to my old bedroom, open the top left dresser drawer, and play this.

Haha holy shit, Crave definitely sunk to a new low with this one. Weren't they a cool game developer? That rep must've died quick.

willphansbiggestfan

• Rep: 16
  • Oh
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2021, 12:55:58 PM »
Had a dope Indiana Jones game. If I still had my old PlayStation Iíd play that. Had a grappling hook and all sorts of crafty shit. Donít remember the exact name unfortunately
Found out today it was called Young Indiana Jones and it was for the sega genesis. Mightíve been released on other platforms but idk. There was no grappling hook, it was Indy using his whip as a rope to climb. And rewatching gameplay, it looks horrible and reminds me why I never even got close to beating the game even though itís relatively short. So so repetitive and tedious. As a kid, it was the coolest game ever though.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2021, 09:18:03 AM »
thps2 is prob my fav out of the series. ape escape is kinda fun too

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2021, 12:09:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Had a dope Indiana Jones game. If I still had my old PlayStation Iíd play that. Had a grappling hook and all sorts of crafty shit. Donít remember the exact name unfortunately
[close]
Found out today it was called Young Indiana Jones and it was for the sega genesis. Mightíve been released on other platforms but idk. There was no grappling hook, it was Indy using his whip as a rope to climb. And rewatching gameplay, it looks horrible and reminds me why I never even got close to beating the game even though itís relatively short. So so repetitive and tedious. As a kid, it was the coolest game ever though.

Haha, you know what I never had or really played sega genesis. I had a Game Gear and that was hectic.

thps2 is prob my fav out of the series. ape escape is kinda fun too

Wow, Ape Escape...I haven't heard that name in a long time but it does ring some bells. I think I read in EGM way way back that it was fun.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »
i havent played it through but remember it being fun. gta2 is proper. some really dont like the oldschool birds eye view but even the 1st gta i used to play a lot on pc

user18081971

• Rep: 1
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 05:48:02 PM »
PSX: Symphony of The Night, Thrasher, whatever that Wu Tang fighter is, Tekken 3, Bushido Blade 2, Policenauts, X-Men Children of The Atom, Any Fromsoftware game (if you like dark souls, bloodborne etc., They made King's Field 1-3, Armored Core series and 2 Echo Night games.), Medal of Honor(!), can recommend Nightmare Creatures as someone has stated prior. Ehrgeiz looks sick, been meaning to check it out. Harvest Moon: Back to Basics (or something like that), Ninja Shadow of Darkness.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 891
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:40 PM »
Yeah, actually play Symphony of the Night before anything else if youíve never played it.  Pretty much a perfect video game.
Shoe size: 6.5
Shirt size: 3X
Pants: 42-44W  24-26L

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2021, 08:41:17 PM »
Love symphony, own it and beat it but plan on playing through it again. Actually thinking of playing Dracula x on SNES bc of symphony!

I remember hearing about ehrgeiz and policenauts, should check those out. Love tekken 3, I just played it a bit using Jin for the first time in a long while. I played that one super heavy as a kid. Medal of honor, heard it was fun. I have to check out all those PS games, hell yeah.

@Hinna just beat MGS today, saved Meryl too. Brought back some good memories, I was hyped

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »
Anybody played any of the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc series?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfDYmtEbKEM
Basically an anthology of games done in the style of horror type games from that era
You can download them for free, I just realized they put out a new one this year
https://hauntedps1.itch.io/demodisc2020
https://hauntedps1.itch.io/demodisc2021
Nancy Drew

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 03:48:05 PM »
Love symphony, own it and beat it but plan on playing through it again. Actually thinking of playing Dracula x on SNES bc of symphony!

I remember hearing about ehrgeiz and policenauts, should check those out. Love tekken 3, I just played it a bit using Jin for the first time in a long while. I played that one super heavy as a kid. Medal of honor, heard it was fun. I have to check out all those PS games, hell yeah.

@Hinna just beat MGS today, saved Meryl too. Brought back some good memories, I was hyped
nice. ya i gotta get an emulator or something for the vr missions and some other games

boi-cuzudo

• Rep: 10
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2021, 06:31:05 PM »
Silent Hill is a must play game, it's the most immersive Ps1 game, I used to spend long hours chasing clues on top of feeling terrified. Gran Turismo 2 used to be my favorite by far followed by Crash Bandicoot racing.

Other fun stuff: Vagrant Story, Legacy of Cain, Vigilante 8, Valkyrie Profile, Ace Combat 2, Driver, Resident Evil 2

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: Today at 11:49:25 AM »
Anybody played any of the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc series?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfDYmtEbKEM
Basically an anthology of games done in the style of horror type games from that era
You can download them for free, I just realized they put out a new one this year
https://hauntedps1.itch.io/demodisc2020
https://hauntedps1.itch.io/demodisc2021

Nice, never heard of this before! I recall playing a Syphon Filter demo waaaay back, but this doesn't ring a bell.

Silent Hill is a must play game, it's the most immersive Ps1 game, I used to spend long hours chasing clues on top of feeling terrified. Gran Turismo 2 used to be my favorite by far followed by Crash Bandicoot racing.

Other fun stuff: Vagrant Story, Legacy of Cain, Vigilante 8, Valkyrie Profile, Ace Combat 2, Driver, Resident Evil 2

Definitely have to get Silent Hill, that one costs a pretty penny. Own GT2, haven't played it in so long though. Barely heard of Vagrant Story or half of the others you mentioned, thanks!