Author Topic: Help with HMC150 clips on Mac  (Read 273 times)

ifone6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Help with HMC150 clips on Mac
« on: September 01, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »
So I switched from Windows to Mac when my old computer crapped out. I film with an HMC150/SD cards. When I put the clips on to the mac, there are no thumbnail clip previews, only the player icon(quicktime, vlc) is displayed on the thumbnails. This makes it very hard to find the marked clips, as I can't see the thumbnail clip preview of my hand that I use to mark clips. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

bataaard

• Rep: 42
Re: Help with HMC150 clips on Mac
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 06:03:58 PM »
i can't help you with mac, but in your editing program, you can see the vignette of the footage.

My workflow with the hmc150 is to set the buttons on the left of the cam (USER 1, 2, 3) to "MARK CLIP".
I mark the clips while recording or on play mode. It adds a little orange "M" on the clips.
Unfortunately I can't see the "M" on the computer. So in the evening, I protect the marked clips on the camera (OPERATION / CLIP PROTECT, it adds a key on the marked clips).
Once I made sure all the needed clips are protected, I do OPERATION / DELETE/ ALL CLIPS.
It gets rid of all the unwanted clips while keeping the protected clips.

It's a bit risky so you have to be focused.

If anybody has a better solution, I'd love to know it.

ifone6

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 07:33:28 AM »
I basically do a way slower version of this. I didn't know about the clip protect-delete all clips path. Thanks for the tip.

pj chad

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 03:12:08 PM »
i've had really good success with using the Sony Recording Unit plugin for FCP7:

https://pro.sony/en_CY/support-resources/software/mpengb00000149

i originally used it for my HVR-MRC1 recorder with my VX1000, but it works great with the SD cards as well. It uploads with a better codec than if you were to just simply drag and drop from the folder to your desktop as well.

if you're running an older Mac OS like Mojave or High Sierra, you can utilize Retroactive in order to run FCP7.