Author Topic: Leandre Sanders is a mutant and science is ignoring him  (Read 12395 times)

Rune Spliffberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Leandre Sanders is a mutant and science is ignoring him
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2021, 05:53:18 AM »
Expand Quote

Bruh Gwenyth Paltrow commented on this vid. How would he have come to her attention?? Possible Scientology connection?
[close]

Came here to mention she commented too, the fuck haha

YOu haven't heard?? Gwenyth is producing Skategoat the Movie documenting Leandre's explosive and unprecedented rise to now world renowned professional skateboarder representing such prolific and well established skate brands like Cariuma and Bryte, all while simultaneously dominating the luxury apparel scene with the esteemed brand Mamaskate!

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2021, 06:00:22 AM »
I have a friend who skates regular but bombs hills goofy. ive bombed some massive hills with him and i trip about it all the time.
from skating with my friend i really do think hes goofy but learned the 'wrong' stance early on and got comfortable, you can definitely tell his style is kinda switch looking but really comfortable. Leandre might be the same, its not like there arent any skaters out there ripping both in their natural stance and switch.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2021, 06:28:48 AM »
To quote myself regarding cariuma and this guy:

Expand Quote
I hope Leandre sanders has something happen to him so that he isn’t ambidextrous anymore, he loses his stupid novelty career, and has to get a job. Actually, I wish that for everyone associated with this fetid cumstain of a company
[close]

Damn dude, he’s not my cup of tea either but I don’t want his life to be ruined. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -13
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2021, 06:37:49 AM »
I think it was true
it was people like you
that crucified Christ.

I think it is sad
the opinion you had
was the only one voiced.

-Geezer Butler
Quote from: EdLawndale on October 13, 2021, 12:03:45 PM
You just became my favorite Slap poster

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2021, 06:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote
My friend snowboards goofy and skates regular.

Some transition tricks are easier for him switch like blunts or frontside 360.

Steve ruined sanders career before it started. Scientology is a curse
[close]

I do that too!

There are literally tens of us.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2021, 07:23:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I do that too!

I snowboarded first and when I started to skate it just felt better to roll with the other foot forward. I do not have a lot of switch tricks, but for what it’s worth I am great at pushing around switch.

It just seems like Leander has two different stances for street and transition. It is not that he has no stance. As was already pointed out above Thiago or AVE are way better at skating switch in the Street.

I am not from LA, nor am I even American so I wonder why so many people seem to hate The Venice Beach park and its locals. Apart from Leandre‘s Berrics association he seems like an OK guy whenever I see a clip about him. I don‘t really get the hate.

People don't like Venice park or its locals because the vibe is if every single benihana fly out kid from your local all traveled there to see who could benihana highest. Combine that with just sketchy Venice people and tourists asking if they can film your stunts, you got a recipe for a lame scene.

Expand Quote
More importantly, why is cheese orange in America? The rest of the world eats yellow cheese, why have Americans decided cheese should be orange? It makes no sense
[close]

Why is an yellow curb yellow? Why is the sky blue?

Why is the sky blue
Why is water wet
Why did Judas grab the Romans while Jesus slept

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2021, 08:02:05 AM »
Somewhere in an alternate universe, Leandre got on Deathwish fully via Greco and soaks up game from him, Ellington, Foy, Kirby, Pedro Delfino, etc.  Instead of being a Berra shill and fancy bowl troll, he has a more palatable career without the gimmicks.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2021, 08:07:43 AM »
Somewhere in an alternate universe, Leandre got on Deathwish fully via Greco and soaks up game from him, Ellington, Foy, Kirby, Pedro Delfino, etc.  Instead of being a Berra shill and fancy bowl troll, he has a more palatable career without the gimmicks.

And in that universe, not needing the gimmicks, he tells his girlfriend, Mamaskate, not to price her pants at $1400.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2021, 08:45:29 AM »
If someone does a trick in cariumas, i didnt see it. No relevance, my brain doesn’t register. Applies here, i see nothing

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2021, 08:47:30 AM »
If someone does a trick in cariumas, i didnt see it. No relevance, my brain doesn’t register. Applies here, i see nothing
Damn you're gonna miss out on a ton of Adrianne Sloboh clips then.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2021, 08:51:10 AM »
Why is an yellow curb yellow?

To designate a loading zone
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2021, 09:04:22 AM »
Switching stances like that is kinda ugly to me. I like how it looks different to skate switch. And skating tranny switch is weak too

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »

Why is the sky blue
Why is water wet
Why did Judas grab the Romans while Jesus slept

I almost posted that line earlier today! Such a great track. Now sorry if I come across picky but the actual quote is "why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept".

I can even be more picky: Judas actually ratted to the Sanhedrin (Jewish council/court) who then proceeded to arrest Jesus with the temple guard and only later on brought him to the Romans because they did not have the authority to hand down death sentences.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

flippy lippy

• Rep: -23
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
A moment of silence befell the congregation as Judas dangled in the air. Pointing his Kanoa Tri-Plane toward the painted ceiling, Judas grabbed melon, and the roar of rattling thunder returned to the ramp, and Jesus watched upon his re-entry. "Fuck." Jesus whispered, "that was bio." And it was so.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2021, 10:40:25 AM »
Switching stances like that is kinda ugly to me. I like how it looks different to skate switch. And skating tranny switch is weak too

Gotta agree here.

It’s not like this dude is using his gimmick to give us amazing tricks and dope lines. He just skates around the bowl and does switch flips and 360s. Pass.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2021, 10:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn you're gonna miss out on a ton of Adrianne Sloboh clips then.
She should get different shoes. I ain't digging it either.

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »

It's not a conscious decision to change stances. It is a completely natural shift for him. I propose that if Slap geneticists are able isolate this genetic mutation, we could perhaps bio engineer a truly stanceless skater in the future. We could create armies of clones and train them from a young age to perform miraculous stunts for our own entertainment. Why are you assholes so hung up on his shoes?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2021, 06:03:49 PM »

Bruh Gwenyth Paltrow commented on this vid. How would he have come to her attention?? Possible Scientology connection?

Nahh her kid skates or something I’ve seen her post on a couple random accounts. I assume it’s market research to sell shit for goop.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2021, 06:05:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I do that too!

[close]

There are literally tens of us.

I too occupy this category. Being able to do switch back 3s is cool tho. Lord knows they ain’t coming to me on a skateboard anytime soon.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2021, 07:58:10 PM »
This thread has been brought to you by iCarumba
shit is embarrassing

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2021, 09:28:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nahh her kid skates or something I’ve seen her post on a couple random accounts. I assume it’s market research to sell shit for goop.
Can you imagine the skate products they will sell on Goop? Because I sure can’t. Wheels made of jade?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2021, 10:05:03 PM »

If you scroll down a few of his posts. There's a screen grab of him talking to her of FaceTime. Her and Steve Berra are tagged... #SkateGoatTheMovie

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2021, 12:19:32 AM »
100% kook with an ego that doesn't match his skill. Gimmick skater at best, culture vulture at worst.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2021, 12:53:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Can you imagine the skate products they will sell on Goop? Because I sure can’t. Wheels made of jade?

Crystal bearings? Grounding bolts? Antibacterial silver mallgrab handles?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2021, 01:41:35 AM »
I gotta bud who skates goofy and surfs regular, he skates like a surfer too so it’s weird, I wonder
If Leandre was the first and only person you seen skate you would be the same and stance is a myth

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2021, 04:57:27 AM »
I gotta bud who skates goofy and surfs regular, he skates like a surfer too so it’s weird, I wonder
If Leandre was the first and only person you seen skate you would be the same and stance is a myth

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2021, 05:07:18 AM »

If to be "seen" is to use his genetic profile and create a stanceless Adam that would make all stance-oriented skaters obsolete, then yes.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2021, 05:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's not a conscious decision to change stances. It is a completely natural shift for him. I propose that if Slap geneticists are able isolate this genetic mutation, we could perhaps bio engineer a truly stanceless skater in the future. We could create armies of clones and train them from a young age to perform miraculous stunts for our own entertainment. Why are you assholes so hung up on his shoes?

curious how u could prove that it’s a sub conscious decision….

Is there some sort of double blind study using timers and obstacle illusions to test his reflexes or something?

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2021, 05:12:04 AM »
This whole stanceless shit is garbage it’s more Steve Berra confusion. Someone needs to dose this man out just put a ton of liquid acid in his coffee or something he has to stop.

The stance less argument is really dumb especially when the example is someone who isn’t even a top 100 skater.

Can he even air out of a vert ramp? He’s clearly no pj Ladd tech guy or Chris Jolsin jumper. He can’t skate vert like Colin or mega like bob. Why is this dude praised so hard I can’t figure it out if it wasn’t for social media no one would know this guy

sizzle_chest

• Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2021, 05:52:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

curious how u could prove that it’s a sub conscious decision….

Is there some sort of double blind study using timers and obstacle illusions to test his reflexes or something?

I'm not sure it is sub conscious. I think it is outside the mind.