Author Topic: Kapkur selling 2 types of .3x fisheyes on Aliexpress - the confusion  (Read 902 times)

suckmadeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
So I had a message off someone wondering why they couldn't remove their lens hood off their Opteka/Kapur 72mm. It turns out, they make 2 types of the same lens! One is the original and the ones everyones know, then the newest one is closer to a DVX MK2 (the one which you cannot remove the lens hood)

Photos:

As you can see it looks pretty damn close but the shade is smaller, and as mentioned, non removable.

Here is an email from Kapkur themselves confirming this

Although the known Kapkur listing of the .3x fisheye is gone, there is a new listing under something called the "Vlogmagic" fisheye. Same lens, same glass, same company same everything (and they have 52mm, 58mm & 72mm fisheyes in stock)

Here is the warning recently put up on the Dutch Aliexpress:

So, make sure when purchasing to make sure you're getting the one you want. Kapkur are apparently doing refunds and returns but it might not be guaranteed for everyone. The non removable lens hood might not even show up in footage especially if you're using it on a native 72mm camera like the HPX and DVX (and most like the HVX too with it's 82mm filter thread but I am yet to confirm this.

suckmadeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
Re: Kapkur selling 2 types of .3x fisheyes on Aliexpress - the confusion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 12:42:41 PM »
Sorry for the mad formatting, the photos are huge and I wanted the text to look somewhat readable. Also here is the link to the imgur gallery if need. https://imgur.com/gallery/nckikRc