Author Topic: Vans Nice To See You  (Read 17189 times)

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 164
Re: Vans Nice To See You
« Reply #240 on: October 24, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »
That Sunny Day Real Estate song trips me out. I love it but the whole resurgence of 90s emo in skate videos over the past few years confuses me. Do the younger skaters in these vids actually listen to that stuff? Or is it jammed in by some older editor who wants to indulge some nostalgia? I guess I just assume that was some niche shit that Old Millenials liked, because I never hear it in the streets, at the skatepark, out of cars, at bars, etc.

daniel dent edited nicks part and he’s like 25

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #241 on: October 24, 2021, 10:19:41 AM »
That Sunny Day Real Estate song trips me out. I love it but the whole resurgence of 90s emo in skate videos over the past few years confuses me. Do the younger skaters in these vids actually listen to that stuff? Or is it jammed in by some older editor who wants to indulge some nostalgia? I guess I just assume that was some niche shit that Old Millenials liked, because I never hear it in the streets, at the skatepark, out of cars, at bars, etc.

Yes why is this so hard to fathom. The music's still good. SDRE isn't like a secret band
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2023, 10:52:03 AM »
sorry to revive this but i was watching nicks part today and i realized he is almost indistinguishable from louie lol

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #243 on: February 16, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »
Sunny day real estate song so good with one of my favorite skaters too - I rewatch his part constantly.