Author Topic: Vans Nice To See You  (Read 17000 times)

twice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Vans Nice To See You
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2021, 10:34:54 PM »
Between this and Jack Ogradys part. It seems likely an Australian is going to win SOTY for the first time

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2021, 10:36:28 PM »
think about it.. could be done

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2021, 10:42:14 PM »
McCrank clip = Good video
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monopolyman

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2021, 10:48:54 PM »
Chima’s part is like Sammy Baca’s Baker 4 part with slightly less emotion and gnarlier tricks.  SOTY candidate for sure

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2021, 10:55:25 PM »
Chima's ender had my jaw on the floor. Holy fucking shit. Loved the whole video. Need to give it a rewatch but Nick Michel and Dustin and the Japan section were standouts for me

foureyedjim

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2021, 11:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
chimas part is ridiculous, nobody floats down shit like him. that ollie is still incomprehensible

dustin's skating is magical. breezy and una are so sick, the crook into the crusty roof is gnarly

becoming a big fan of alexey too, and the japan section was all so good, fuck it was all so good i wanna go skate
[close]
that bitch is so disgusting and not good at all. 0 pop

You need a hug

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2021, 11:49:09 PM »
I think I liked Ronnies part the most but holy fuckin shit what a great video. “It’s okay you can cry” hahaha amazing.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2021, 12:52:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4CcloyO2mE&ab_channel=Vans

Looks like a full length that will premiere later today.
[close]
Description has Chima with last part(!)

Is the the part showing the ollie that got SLAP in a tizzy a few weeks ago?

[close]

In the latest Thrasher they say that the new Chima part will have the footage for a couple of his photos from his recent Thrasher interview. So it must be in there.

Can't wait to see it. Chima's been so consistent for so long, I feel like this might be his defining part.
[close]

a defining part at 32? im not sayin he has to pack it up but i definitely believe he has already hit his peak. Dont get me wrong I loved the footage he put out back in 2008 in that Killself video and Let's Live but everything after that has just been kinda meh. I couldnt tell you one trick from the last Vans video he had last part in. Maybe this part will do it for me? Maybe he will get SOTY? doubtful. also arent chima and his brother slightly racist?

Concerning the Chima's brother is racist thing I think it's more Americans not understanding just because USA and Aus both speak English doesn't mean it's the same English and words mean different things.
I think the story is some Americans were being dickheads and Chima's brother called them out on it and one said something like why don't you have my back were both black to which Chima's brother replied "I'm not black, im Australian!"
For people born before this millenium in Aus black generally means African American. I don't know Chima or his brother but my friends in high school would get really bothered by people calling them black they said it was like just calling any Asian person Chinese
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 01:03:21 AM by Mean salto »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2021, 12:57:02 AM »
The thing about Chima is he lands his shit like he was dropping off a gutter

He makes it look so easy it’s hard to recognise
listen to cosmic psychos

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2021, 01:10:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

In the latest Thrasher they say that the new Chima part will have the footage for a couple of his photos from his recent Thrasher interview. So it must be in there.

Can't wait to see it. Chima's been so consistent for so long, I feel like this might be his defining part.
[close]

a defining part at 32? im not sayin he has to pack it up but i definitely believe he has already hit his peak. Dont get me wrong I loved the footage he put out back in 2008 in that Killself video and Let's Live but everything after that has just been kinda meh. I couldnt tell you one trick from the last Vans video he had last part in. Maybe this part will do it for me? Maybe he will get SOTY? doubtful. also arent chima and his brother slightly racist?
[close]

Concerning the Chima's brother is racist thing I think it's more Americans not understanding just because USA and Aus both speak English doesn't mean it's the same English and words mean different things.
I think the story is some Americans were being dickheads and Chima's brother called them out on it and one said something like why don't you have my back were both black to which Chima's brother replied "I'm not black, im Australian!"
For people born before this millenium in Aus black generally means African American. I don't know Chima or his brother but my friends in high school would get really bothered by people calling them black they said it was like just calling any Asian person Chinese

Nah you're trippin. Indigenous people refer to themselves as black. As do the majority of Somalians and Sudanese people I know regardless of whether they were born here or moved here. Generally people prefer to be noted for their nationality rather than skin colour of course. I'm mixed, volunteer in community services, and I hear it all the time.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2021, 01:20:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah you're trippin. Indigenous people refer to themselves as black. As do the majority of Somalians and Sudanese people I know regardless of whether they were born here or moved here. Generally people prefer to be noted for their nationality rather than skin colour of course. I'm mixed, volunteer in community services, and I hear it all the time.

Hmm weird these friends were mostly Aboriginal and Sudanese. Guess I'm from some strange bubble.

baggy spandex

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2021, 01:26:09 AM »
HOSHINO!!

Best vans video since... ever?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2021, 01:28:53 AM »
I think he just meant Australians come in all shapes and colours
listen to cosmic psychos

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2021, 01:33:08 AM »
Chima was unreal and Ronnie's part was fantastic. I loved it and will rewatch again and again.

baggy spandex

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2021, 01:38:08 AM »
I provide for the people. Nick Michael skating to Sunny Day is perfection.

Run that back Turbo

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2021, 02:43:12 AM »
Sick video, stoked to see McCrank as well as Notis (Greece!).  I could watch Chima cruise around and just pop ollies all day, so smooth.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2021, 02:47:45 AM »
I'd trade my whole nutsack for Ronnie's Madonnas

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2021, 03:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Terrible take. His parts in Since day one and other recent ones were amazing…and obv he just made you look like a fool with this latest drop…

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2021, 03:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hmm weird these friends were mostly Aboriginal and Sudanese. Guess I'm from some strange bubble.

Not saying you're wrong btw. We've both just had different experiences.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2021, 05:05:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
chimas part is ridiculous, nobody floats down shit like him. that ollie is still incomprehensible

dustin's skating is magical. breezy and una are so sick, the crook into the crusty roof is gnarly

becoming a big fan of alexey too, and the japan section was all so good, fuck it was all so good i wanna go skate
[close]
that bitch is so disgusting and not good at all. 0 pop
[close]
You need a hug
tell me this isnt the truth... stop being a simp
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 05:17:12 AM by nino brown »

JimmyCarlinsJumpRope

• Rep: 4
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2021, 05:15:13 AM »
I only had a chance to watch the Chima part so far (getting old and losing time sucks) but I can vividly remember a really fucking wicked switch tre and also not understanding how the ender worked.

Am I the only one who thinks that if you haul ass running and throw down that you can get more speed than an average bike rider? Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong bicyclists...

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2021, 05:33:39 AM »
I am stating it here that I must eat my words because that was a pretty solid part. still dont see the whole SOTY thing but that was some quality footage.

Also, all you HD filmers need to relearn how to film fisheye. so many shots of just feet pushing. tilt that camera up a little more. some of the vx fisheye tricks dont translate to HD fisheye
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 9
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2021, 05:39:13 AM »
I only had a chance to watch the Chima part so far (getting old and losing time sucks) but I can vividly remember a really fucking wicked switch tre and also not understanding how the ender worked.

Am I the only one who thinks that if you haul ass running and throw down that you can get more speed than an average bike rider? Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong bicyclists...

It’s hard to see but that run up before is like a street or two long. So Sammy has a lot of time to pick up speed along with Chima doing the pull forward thing from Thps which causes him to get more speed I’m pretty sure. Needless to say insane point blank.

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2021, 06:08:56 AM »
chima rules.

dustin henry rules

vans is a crazy deep roster, which rules.

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2021, 06:21:41 AM »
The bs 360 and switch 360 flip both done the hard way over that handrail were unreal.

Loved Nick Michel's part. Definitely my favorite in the video.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2021, 06:41:22 AM »

Also, all you HD filmers need to relearn how to film fisheye. so many shots of just feet pushing. tilt that camera up a little more. some of the vx fisheye tricks dont translate to HD fisheye
I've made friends redo tricks because I cut off their heads during fisheye filming. Now I know I can just run it because apparently its good enough for a vans vid.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2021, 06:44:02 AM »
Chima is the Australian Reynolds.

I can see that for sure.
Great video, great skating, great music and editing. Some of the filming was too close throughout, but that's a complaint I have for most videos these days (see signature).

Great job, Greg.
Kudos to all the skaters.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2021, 06:49:10 AM »
The bs 360 and switch 360 flip both done the hard way over that handrail were unreal.

This. The whole part was amazing, plus the ollie, but those two stood out for me as well.

Pedro's last trick is ridiculous. His kickflip over the street gap should've been filmed from a little farther back.

Love Diego Todd footage. The kickflip was amazing.

Dustin's part was so good.

Breanna's double-set hardflip was sick.

Nick Michel's last trick and cab to switch hill bomb was awesome.

Rewatchable video for sure.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2021, 06:58:41 AM »
Can we agree that Vans recent footage output is pretty on point.

really good stuff in this video - could watch couple of times.
just 3 weeks ago Incompiuto Vans Euro was super great

Berle / Hunt Alright OK was litte pathetic - but good to.
The Pedro Barroso Free Dream was not really official Vans - but had Vans all written over - and was
great.

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2021, 06:59:10 AM »
So rad to listen to SDRE in a part - especially when they didn't choose the two most obvious songs (In Circles, Seven). Still want to see someone skating to Grendel or Tearing in My Heart though.