Author Topic: Vans Nice To See You  (Read 17006 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Vans Nice To See You
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2021, 10:14:36 AM »
Chima's part should have been it's own video
I mean it's available as a stand alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-tCWu7TY3c&ab_channel=ThrasherMagazine

edit: I wanted to add the original song that brought Dusty Springfield to tears and inspired her to make her version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3W7qlMZTXY&ab_channel=flaniman2

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2021, 10:22:37 AM »
was really digging the soundtrack right up until Chima's part. dont know wtf they were thinking with those 2. not sure who they are appealing to with that... way to absolutely kill the vibe of the video and the best footage. jesus. absolutely amazing footage ruined with that song. hopefully someone does a remix of that part. the only worse song i can think of on an ending part is lennie kirk on timecode
worst take ive ever read

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2021, 10:47:18 AM »
 :o ;D
Expand Quote
was really digging the soundtrack right up until Chima's part. dont know wtf they were thinking with those 2. not sure who they are appealing to with that... way to absolutely kill the vibe of the video and the best footage. jesus. absolutely amazing footage ruined with that song. hopefully someone does a remix of that part. the only worse song i can think of on an ending part is lennie kirk on timecode
[close]
worst take ive ever read

Incoming possible worse take:
Timecode fucking sucks. Fred gall and Lennie Kirk's parts are like two bits of corn in a slow moving turd.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2021, 10:49:27 AM »
it’s a shame half the parts i like have the worst music ever (HEYyaaheeyyaaheyyahaaa)

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
worst take ive ever read
[close]

Timecode fucking sucks. Fred gall and Lennie Kirk's parts are like two bits of corn in a slow moving turd.

damn man you need to study and obey the bible

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2021, 11:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
worst take ive ever read
[close]

[close]

damn man you need to study and obey the bible
this guy has a slim chance of escaping hell

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2021, 11:07:10 AM »
Love this video. Skating was super sick. My only gripe is the first song in the Japanese montage, it didn't seem to "flow" with the rest of the video's soundtrack. Otherwise another Vans masterpiece in my book.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:38:37 AM by OMSK »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2021, 11:09:43 AM »
Breana should have had the last part and then cut. Chima's part should have been released standalone. the fact they put it out standalone knows they know... smh just bloated up their video for the sake of it i guess. he didnt have all the buddy hi-5's in his part and shit. i was so mentally exhausted by the time his part cmae on i honestly dont remember anything besides the stuff i already saw that got leaked and the switch 3 flip over the rail.
ONTARIO CANADA

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2021, 11:11:10 AM »
He should have kick flipped the double set.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:18:13 AM by stephop »

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2021, 11:14:06 AM »
At this point I think Beatrice needs to take a break from being filmed until we can't predict exactly what she's gonna do. C'mon. As soon as I saw her face I guessed 5050/5-0 shove. Her own team mates have called her out on record for that a few years ago now. It's embarrassing.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2021, 11:15:21 AM »
Breana should have had the last part and then cut. Chima's part should have been released standalone. the fact they put it out standalone knows they know... smh just bloated up their video for the sake of it i guess. he didnt have all the buddy hi-5's in his part and shit. i was so mentally exhausted by the time his part cmae on i honestly dont remember anything besides the stuff i already saw that got leaked and the switch 3 flip over the rail.

Breana is cool but last part ? I don't think so man

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2021, 11:16:46 AM »
it’s a shame half the parts i like have the worst music ever (HEYyaaheeyyaaheyyahaaa)

i'm into how dustin uses native american artists in his parts, like when he skated to keith secola in that et&dustin edit earlier this year.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »
I didn't even watch the video just Chima's part
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2021, 11:30:49 AM »

Obligatory reminder that the above opinion comes from the person who went so far as to make the following video about one of his stellar takes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_prH9gg4FE

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2021, 11:32:02 AM »
Every Portland skaters jaws are still on the floor after seeing that Pedro ride on grind. Shit is madness. Felt like that dad in the Baker has a Deathwish video, “been waiting a loooong time to see this…”
this

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Obligatory reminder that the above opinion comes from the person who went so far as to make the following video about one of his stellar takes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_prH9gg4FE

no words haha wow

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #136 on: October 14, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
loved it.
especially hearing sunny day real estate in it.
so sick.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 78
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2021, 12:34:50 PM »
This was honestly one of the best full-lengths I've seen in ages, great vibes all the way through. Chima just catapulted himself into legend territory for sure. Breezy was sick as fuck, didn't expect that Thrasher cover crook into the roof bank to go to fakie, honestly made it way sicker riding down that thing switch.

Notis was incredible, hope to see more of him soon. Dustin Henry and Nick Michel shredded. Pedro's ride-on grind game is out of control.

Japan section was possibly my favorite, so much incredible skating and spot-selection in there. Anyone know who the girl in that section was? Sick style on that smith and bs flip

Definitely high rewatch value on this for sure.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: October 14, 2021, 01:08:16 PM »
Nick Michel will go down as one of the all time greats, mark my words on that.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: October 14, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
i agree. i remember when snotjob came out i was like yeah this dude will blow and to see it actually happening is amazing

aLEXICONdEVIL

• Rep: 6
« Reply #140 on: October 14, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »
Nick Michel is coming for Kyota's currently held title of "Best Full Body Slams Into an Object Post Make"

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »
I already forget most of it but here’s what I recall;

Nick’s part was seriously lacking some second angles and replays, straight up botched filming in there too, he deserves better.

Ronnie is on a tear and his output over the year should put him on the SOTY shortlist, and I’m not even that into transition skating.

Breezy had the best part, imo.  Great song, filming/editing was on point, and she truly stepped her game up and proved why she deserves a board.  Feel good part for sure.

Would’ve been more into Chima’s had they steered clear of the soulful oldies music that’s in every video these days, yet doesn’t compliment skating whatsoever.  Having nearly all the serious hammers spoiled beforehand ruins it too.  I know it’s hard to keep things secret these days but my god.  Dude’s a legend for sure but idk about SOTY.  Tbh I can’t think of any clear frontrunner yet, but the race is still young.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i agree. i remember when snotjob came out i was like yeah this dude will blow and to see it actually happening is amazing

A couple years ago I saw a single clip of him on Crazy Frankie's instagram story and instantly followed him. Also hyped to see him coming up.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2021, 01:36:13 PM »
alexey what’s his face was my
fav. i love half japanese and lip slides

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2021, 02:06:49 PM »
Damn, Notis ickier than sin.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2021, 02:45:50 PM »
alexey what’s his face was my
fav. i love half japanese and lip slides

very happy to hear a jad fair song in this

Grind King Rims

« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2021, 02:55:22 PM »
I don't know, I liked all the music.
I'd like if someone skated to "Never Again" by the Shangri-Las

nevrwasben

« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2021, 02:59:12 PM »
wait 21:35 ISNT Tony Trujillo?

great video
Who?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
worst take ive ever read
[close]

Get kooked every time I say it, but I fully agree on Timecode.  Freddy/Kalis/Lennie parts are legendary, but the first-wave Alien team was sacred to me, and to finally see a video with all of them featured again, only to have such mediocre footage in such a thrown together video, was so disappointing.

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2021, 04:13:40 PM »
I already forget most of it but here’s what I recall;

Nick’s part was seriously lacking some second angles and replays, straight up botched filming in there too, he deserves better.

Ronnie is on a tear and his output over the year should put him on the SOTY shortlist, and I’m not even that into transition skating.

Breezy had the best part, imo.  Great song, filming/editing was on point, and she truly stepped her game up and proved why she deserves a board.  Feel good part for sure.

Would’ve been more into Chima’s had they steered clear of the soulful oldies music that’s in every video these days, yet doesn’t compliment skating whatsoever.  Having nearly all the serious hammers spoiled beforehand ruins it too.  I know it’s hard to keep things secret these days but my god.  Dude’s a legend for sure but idk about SOTY.  Tbh I can’t think of any clear frontrunner yet, but the race is still young.

I actually found the song for Chima's part bearable as it kinda' felt like I was watching a Reynolds part.

Couldn't stand the song chosen for Ronnie's part though, it did not complement the heaviness of his skating at all but took away from it a bit imo.