Author Topic: Dem 2021 SOTY too ah soon tread  (Read 4661 times)

Sizzla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
Dem 2021 SOTY too ah soon tread
« on: October 14, 2021, 07:01:00 AM »
Sizzla seh justin henry ah shoe in fi soty
I an I haff nah white god

IpathCats

Re: Dem 2021 SOTY too ah soon tread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:38:29 AM »

I think my personal favorite this year has been Heitor, that's not to say he should win though, just my personal favorite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kader won off his popularity, maybe Evan Smith. I will say that this year seems way less of a clear contest between a couple dudes. I really feel like 10-20 ish guys could really deserve the win this year.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 07:41:56 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgHrvozANQ

i man have nah love fi skateboard politricks…

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 08:27:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think my personal favorite this year has been Heitor, that's not to say he should win though, just my personal favorite.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kader won off his popularity, maybe Evan Smith. I will say that this year seems way less of a clear contest between a couple dudes. I really feel like 10-20 ish guys could really deserve the win this year.
Agree Heitor's a beast but yeah probably not SOTY. Chima's surely in the running now

dannyprovolone

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 08:33:20 AM »
Braden szafranski

Fit of the year

Jah bless

thebacker

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 08:57:51 AM »

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 09:04:39 AM »
i love you

Grind King Rims

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 09:06:27 AM »
Jack O Grady is surely in the running.
Chima too.
But I suspect a few people will drop heavy parts in the next two months.
It's still crazy to me just how much Mason had last year locked in. No one else was even close. He had it locked and still dropped another two parts.

warmonke

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
Jack O Grady is surely in the running.
Chima too.
But I suspect a few people will drop heavy parts in the next two months.
It's still crazy to me just how much Mason had last year locked in. No one else was even close. He had it locked and still dropped another two parts.
Yeah Jack O'Grady's killed it

IpathCats

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Agree Heitor's a beast but yeah probably not SOTY. Chima's surely in the running now

Man, someone else said Chima in another thread a week or two ago, and I was confused. Have I missed something from this dude? All I've seen was that part that came out yesterday (which was super good, his pop is sick)

warmonke

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 09:53:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Man, someone else said Chima in another thread a week or two ago, and I was confused. Have I missed something from this dude? All I've seen was that part that came out yesterday (which was super good, his pop is sick)
I mean it is just that part I think but that was a SOTY-bid part if I've ever seen one. That ollie's fucked up and he's been killing it for years so I'd back it but have to see who else comes out with a part. I think I'm just blanking but I can't really think of many other standout parts this year.

IpathCats

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 10:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I mean it is just that part I think but that was a SOTY-bid part if I've ever seen one. That ollie's fucked up and he's been killing it for years so I'd back it but have to see who else comes out with a part. I think I'm just blanking but I can't really think of many other standout parts this year.

Yea, the part was sick, not doubt. But I feel like there's a difference between putting out a killer part and being SOTY. IDK shits all subjective anyways

warmonke

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 10:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yea, the part was sick, not doubt. But I feel like there's a difference between putting out a killer part and being SOTY. IDK shits all subjective anyways
Yeah definitely, I'm not saying he'd be my pick but I'd be surprised if he's not on the list.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 10:16:50 AM »
Chima deserves to win off one part, it was that good. Hopefully someone remixes it so the soundtrack isn’t terrible and it would be even better.
Also Yuto, Jack, and Kyle Walker.
I’d be stoked if Felipe got it too.
TOTY- T Funks bench ollie?

IpathCats

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 10:21:53 AM »
Chima deserves to win off one part, it was that good. Hopefully someone remixes it so the soundtrack isn’t terrible and it would be even better.

Oh god yea, i totally forgot how bad that first song was. Don't fuck with frank unless you're gonna knock it out of the park. Was it you that brought up chima in that other thread? Are you his friend or something?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 10:36:26 AM »
Jack O'Grady is my favorite for this year. i hope he comes out with another part to seal the deal that rail to rail was unreal. the type of thing that you didnt think was actually possible. that is what drew me into skateboarding in the firstplace the fact people could be jumping around on this thing without using the hands or taking feet off the board. loved the song on his part too
ONTARIO CANADA

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 10:38:32 AM »
Chima. Joey o'brien should run.

somefucker

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 10:55:42 AM »
KB for beating up Paul Fart without using his hands

Lo-fi Explosion

• Rep: 7
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 11:03:15 AM »
Dilo is definately gunning for it

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 11:09:43 AM »
I gotta go with Jack O'Grady. Chima part was really heavy but Jack is Thrasher af.

Have to agree the music was terrible for Chima's part, it really worked against him imho. The whole time I kept thinking they must be tracks that are public domain, that's why they were chosen? Otherwise someone just has no fukn taste

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2021, 11:32:58 AM »
Joey O’Brien definitely dropped my favorite part this year (which also was objectively one of the best).  Would love to see him get SOTY but it feels eerily similar to Suciu and Tom Knox - drop one long, technically and aesthetically incredible part and it’s not enough.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »
If Joey O’Brien dropped another part I think he’d be undeniable. Untitled 005 is a masterpiece.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Heywood Jeblowme

• Rep: -23
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2021, 03:00:12 PM »
Dennis Busenitz has deserved it every year since Chicagof. Absolutely deserved it the year Diagonal came out. Even his Since Day One part. Unfortunately Dennis didn’t get on his knees enough for Phelper.

Top Roman looks like a contender this year, that ollie off the parking garage was bonkers. Too many young rippers these days. Just hope it’s someone who deserves it and not the guy who caters to Thrashers profit margins the most.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
Jacopo! Dude is the best and killed it in that recent Samurai Safari video.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2021, 03:13:31 PM »
skater of last year

Flen

• Rep: 3
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2021, 03:31:28 PM »

u putting the bench ollie over o'gradys 50 to 50?

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2021, 03:44:12 PM »
Wait for the homies video to drop
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

warmonke

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2021, 04:37:49 PM »
Jacopo! Dude is the best and killed it in that recent Samurai Safari video.
I fuckin love jacapo, his song choice and trick selection is amazing, but I don't think he's SOTY material yet, if anything he deserved SOTY a couple years ago when his centrale and hills part came out cos those parts were both exceptional

conqueso

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2021, 04:52:57 PM »
billy marks

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 05:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

u putting the bench ollie over o'gradys 50 to 50?
Yea that was sick but it’s a rollerblade trick