Author Topic: clive of birdhouse  (Read 25735 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: clive of birdhouse
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
Feels like hes trying to do the gilbert crockett thing of switching up his kit and sponsors from the so cal thing to the cool thing. Don't know if he has the style to do it but I'm watching with bated breath.

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »
I can see him on Black Label ,Blood Wizard or Slave

I was scrolling through this page so fast I read  “slave” as “Steve” and asked myself “who is on Steve Skateboards?” And now I can’t picture Clive on anyone else but Steve, as far as I’m concerned, he’s on Steve and that’s kinda the way I want to leave it. Congrats man.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:55:42 PM by JamesFardy »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »
Feels like hes trying to do the gilbert crockett thing of switching up his kit and sponsors from the so cal thing to the cool thing. Don't know if he has the style to do it but I'm watching with bated breath.

i would love to see him skating in full supreme but still doing noseblunts down staples. truly. i want to see full instagram style hypebeast fits while doing the most cutty shit imaginable

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2021, 07:16:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i would love to see him skating in full supreme but still doing noseblunts down staples. truly. i want to see full instagram style hypebeast fits while doing the most cutty shit imaginable

Or imagine him trying to do what berle has been doing and go full Dylan and then full vato. Doing fucked up smith's down a 25 stair rail but with highwaters and a white tank top

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2021, 07:30:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Or imagine him trying to do what berle has been doing and go full Dylan and then full vato. Doing fucked up smith's down a 25 stair rail but with highwaters and a white tank top

Never go full vato...

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2021, 07:57:24 PM »
What a time to be alive
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2021, 08:05:28 PM »
What a time to be alive
I thought Clive on birdhouse was chill. I always wonder the back stories of these situations, shit makes no sense with no context.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2021, 10:00:25 PM »
. I could see him on Zero or Black Label

Anyone seen that new mysterious Zero ad in new Thrasher? The pants look like that’s our former Birdhouse pro, his last graphic for BH looks very Zero-ish. This Slap poster thinks we cracked the code but inside sources confirmed otherwise. It could be a red haring story to get us off the trail. Zero “Painkiller” video will be a rad one, either way.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2021, 10:01:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was scrolling through this page so fast I read  “slave” as “Steve” and asked myself “who is on Steve Skateboards?” And now I can’t picture Clive on anyone else but Steve, as far as I’m concerned, he’s on Steve and that’s kinda the way I want to leave it. Congrats man.

Not Steve.  Stove.  He’s on stove

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2021, 10:43:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone seen that new mysterious Zero ad in new Thrasher? The pants look like that’s our former Birdhouse pro, his last graphic for BH looks very Zero-ish. This Slap poster thinks we cracked the code but inside sources confirmed otherwise. It could be a red haring story to get us off the trail. Zero “Painkiller” video will be a rad one, either way.
i cant imagine youd ever want to leave birdhouse for zero. your chances of getting paid more are crazy low, even if bh doesnt have the zero image i feel like youd be able to do more with tony as your boss.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2021, 11:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i cant imagine youd ever want to leave birdhouse for zero. your chances of getting paid more are crazy low, even if bh doesnt have the zero image i feel like youd be able to do more with tony as your boss.

I would absolutely prefer Tony to Jamie as far as the boss situation goes

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2021, 11:18:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not a big fan of Jamie Thomas personally, but have to say he's been pretty smart about reissuing boards and with his garage days stuff.  I've seen full drops of boards sell out at the local shop too.If he's putting that money back into the company and the riders, I'd say the riders do OK. Not sure where the argument for 'crazy low' comes from. Zero was on rough ground for a while there, but they seem to be doing much better now.

Also Tony is an incredibly busy guy. He's not on the phones brokering deals for Reese Salken & Shawn Hale.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2021, 11:36:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jim Greco did

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2021, 11:49:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not Steve.  Stove.  He’s on stove

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2021, 12:06:36 AM »
Prayers up for our under-sponsored king. Please get this man on Hardbody lol.

This is kinda sick actually. Absolute Chad.

Creeps a good song, that's a hill I'm willing to die on.

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2021, 02:59:03 AM »
I’m calling trolling with all this Hardbody stuff. Got a feeling he’s going to Freedome. Been on a bunch of small sessions with Rowley this year.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Ghost Lurker

« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2021, 08:18:35 AM »
If I were a hammer style skater, the likes of Clive, it would be high water mark to be a company like Zero or with Rowley at Freedom. Not unlike if you’re a tech skater you’d want to be on Girl. Birdhouse is right up there too in its own way. It’s probably time for Saulkin and Ed Duff to go pro and Clive will get to enjoy a jolt of new sponsor energy for some fresh board sales.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2021, 09:50:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Never go full vato...

Sammy Baca would beg to differ

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2021, 10:17:29 AM »
If I were a hammer style skater, the likes of Clive, it would be high water mark to be a company like Zero or with Rowley at Freedom. Not unlike if you’re a tech skater you’d want to be on Girl. Birdhouse is right up there too in its own way. It’s probably time for Saulkin and Ed Duff to go pro and Clive will get to enjoy a jolt of new sponsor energy for some fresh board sales.

do you live in 2002?

what tech skater would want to go to girl rather than primitive/april/etc? in what world is zero a 'high water mark company'? also, what has freedome literally ever done that could possibly make it a 'high water mark company'?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »
still salty Geoff didn't just get on Toy Machine and ride into the sunset with Ed into retirement

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2021, 11:14:52 AM »
Clive Dixon will be S.R. Studio’s first pro
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:27:01 PM by one-off »

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2021, 11:52:52 AM »
still salty Geoff didn't just get on Toy Machine and ride into the sunset with Ed into retirement
Sounds better on paper than it'd actually be. Once we see a Geoff Rowley pro deck with turtle boy and mutant wrestling in luchador masks, we'd be over it.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2021, 12:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

With the bird man as your boss, you'd probably get free chicken.

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2021, 12:48:08 PM »
I’m calling trolling with all this Hardbody stuff. Got a feeling he’s going to Freedome. Been on a bunch of small sessions with Rowley this year.
Clive has been skating Hardbody boards for a pretty long time though. I'm not really sure about who runs it but Im pretty sure hes buddy buddy with those dudes

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2021, 07:42:00 PM »
Prayers up for our under-sponsored king. Please get this man on Hardbody lol.

do you have the elijah one too? i can't find it

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2021, 10:44:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Never go full vato...
[close]

True.  I'm going to roll into my office job tomarrow loc'ed out.  Flannel with only the top button buttoned, long ass shorts and high socks.  Maybe a little pistol in my waistband to let HR know I ain't playing. We'll see how it works out.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2021, 01:06:51 AM »
The higher the socks, the downer the foo

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -298
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2021, 01:25:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do you live in 2002?

what tech skater would want to go to girl rather than primitive/april/etc? in what world is zero a 'high water mark company'? also, what has freedome literally ever done that could possibly make it a 'high water mark company'?

I see what he’s saying though. Kinda like Riley leaving Birdhouse for Baker or Mason leaving Element for Real. It’s like a shot at a “real company”

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2021, 01:33:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Never go full vato...
[close]

[close]

True.  I'm going to roll into my office job tomarrow loc'ed out.  Flannel with only the top button buttoned, long ass shorts and high socks.  Maybe a little pistol in my waistband to let HR know I ain't playing. We'll see how it works out.
Lampshade you got this, I just hope you have your concealed gun permit but even if you do most HR departments frown upon loaded weapons in the workplace so leave your ammo in the car or at home in a gun safe.  Stay safe vato!

Ghost Lurker

« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2021, 01:42:13 AM »
All’s I’m saying, in regards to the Birdhouse to Zero theory, is Birdhouse is maybe a little more a Classic Rock, and maybe Zero is Heavy Metal, and that’s more Clive’s style. And I based the high water comment on the body of work of the companies as a whole. So maybe I’m not living in 2002, but I look at skating from when I started in 1990 til now, and base said claims on this.

The hard copy skate video age shapes what I base these claims on. The digital content age is good and all but doesn’t pack the same punch. Birdhouse is a high water mark company too, see The End. It’s like Robert Trujillo switching from ST to Metallica. Awesome talent takes you awesome places. We will see the same with Clive.