Author Topic: clive of birdhouse  (Read 25649 times)

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: clive of birdhouse
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2021, 09:35:49 AM »
funny how that elijah vs clive meme last year actually turned me into an unironic clive fan. hope he's getting paid
(also if anyone has the elijah meme, pls hook it up cause i can't find it)

Filip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2021, 11:48:10 PM »
You drunk DM’d Clive Dixon

Oh yeah baby

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2021, 12:05:52 AM »
Expand Quote
funny how that elijah vs clive meme last year actually turned me into an unironic clive fan. hope he's getting paid
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
would gnar

IpathCats

« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2021, 06:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
would gnar

lol this is gold, is there a chad clive?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2021, 07:03:28 AM »
Kevin Bacon in white shorts is etched into my brain, as is this;

IpathCats

« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2021, 07:49:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Kevin Bacon in white shorts is etched into my brain, as is this;

[close]

Too accurate haha. Clive is kinda kooky, but he owns it and is totally himself, and is also gnarly as fuck. Berle wants so bad to be someone else, but can't escape himself and looks even worse as he tries to lol.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »
Would be a sick plot twist if he does ride for Hardbody and finishes up the novel on a Beat Generation binge while living in the village.

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Clive is this generation’s Duffman, but the world isn’t ready to hear that….
[close]
duffel was one of the most impactful skateboarders of his generation, clive is just a bro who is gnarly
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]
nah, corey duffel and clive dixon have both done things that wouldn't/won't be touch(ed) for years to come but in the early/mid 2000s every third kid wanted to be corey duffel. he had an influence on the trajectory of skateboarding during that era and contemporary pros are still claiming him as an influence. clive could never match that.

edit: i would honestly compare him to jeremy wray if anything
[close]

Corey is great but Clive Noseblunt down staples center that's some legendary shit.

Corey duffel 50'd a 20 stair wooden hubba that took the life of a bmxer... there's a bench at the bottom in memorium. The whole walnut creek/ eastbay area is called "duffland". Kids dressed like him for 10+ years.

One trick with bad style at staples center is nothing compared to duffel's legacy.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #188 on: November 02, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
duffel was one of the most impactful skateboarders of his generation, clive is just a bro who is gnarly
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]
nah, corey duffel and clive dixon have both done things that wouldn't/won't be touch(ed) for years to come but in the early/mid 2000s every third kid wanted to be corey duffel. he had an influence on the trajectory of skateboarding during that era and contemporary pros are still claiming him as an influence. clive could never match that.

[close]

Corey is great but Clive Noseblunt down staples center that's some legendary shit.
[close]

Corey duffel 50'd a 20 stair wooden hubba that took the life of a bmxer... there's a bench at the bottom in memorium. The whole walnut creek/ eastbay area is called "duffland". Kids dressed like him for 10+ years.

One trick with bad style at staples center is nothing compared to duffel's legacy.
Wa’sup, Corey!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #189 on: November 02, 2021, 11:05:53 AM »
Florida man for SOTY

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hold the f up, do you actually think Clive's noseblunt was done with bad style? Holy shit, do you need to be locked up in the psych ward for that! Clive did it with power and style, that not many others could offer with even 5050ing or nose sliding Convention Center (it's next to Staples, not Staples as a general FYI for people) Hubba. Is his style on a board everyone's cup of tea? No. But I'll be damned if Clive's workhorse hucking in skating doesn't get some respect it deserves.

Duffman. Also legendary for his spots and tricks. Clive is on that same trajectory but with 1/5th of the charisma and wildcard Duffel had.
Super Champion Fun Zone

frontfootimpossible

• Rep: -25
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #191 on: November 02, 2021, 12:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hold the f up, do you actually think Clive's noseblunt was done with bad style? Holy shit, do you need to be locked up in the psych ward for that! Clive did it with power and style, that not many others could offer with even 5050ing or nose sliding Convention Center (it's next to Staples, not Staples as a general FYI for people) Hubba. Is his style on a board everyone's cup of tea? No. But I'll be damned if Clive's workhorse hucking in skating doesn't get some respect it deserves.

Duffman. Also legendary for his spots and tricks. Clive is on that same trajectory but with 1/5th of the charisma and wildcard Duffel had.

By this logic, jeff won song is on the same trajectory as reynolds... with 0/5th of the style or charisma.

sure it was clean, but clive dixon's skating is gross.
Quote from: Slap MessageBoards
frontfootimpossible,

You have received a warning for posting offensive material. Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The Slap MessageBoards Team.

Lisa96

« Reply #192 on: November 02, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Duffel if you're reading this please put together a compilation of your heaviest clips, these kids don't even understand how hawrd he went for over a decade

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #193 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

By this logic, jeff won song is on the same trajectory as reynolds... with 0/5th of the style or charisma.

Dude what

conqueso

« Reply #194 on: November 02, 2021, 02:07:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

is this trolling?
[close]

[close]

[close]

gotta be trolling lol the guy wears costumes when he skates.

can corey duffle even do a noseblunt? every part is just 5050's and lipslides. basically clive dixon warm up tricks. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:38:01 AM by conqueso »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2021, 02:20:01 PM »
you seem like the type of person who’s a terrible person

IpathCats

« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2021, 02:46:51 PM »

.....Nah

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2021, 02:47:01 PM »

Anyone have a clip/video of this?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #198 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:59 PM »
I don't really care who is the better skater, because that's irrelevant to the question, but come'on - Dixon's impact and legacy do not compare remotely to Duffel's. Duffel was a gigantic figure in skating at one of the peaks of the sport's popularity, and there were a number of years where every kid in skating dressed and attempted to skate like him. Duffel is just more popular that Dixon ever was or will be, no matter what you think about whether or not he deserves to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4pRe8ul7KQ
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

conqueso

« Reply #199 on: November 02, 2021, 03:04:40 PM »

baker was the real source of influence for the kids that you say dressed like him

IpathCats

« Reply #200 on: November 02, 2021, 03:36:19 PM »
Man, if I've learned anything from Clive being of birdhouse, it's fuck Corey duffel

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #201 on: November 02, 2021, 03:47:36 PM »

baker was the real source of influence for the kids that you say dressed like him

nah he's like the modern richie belton

Groshua

• Rep: 0
« Reply #202 on: November 02, 2021, 04:20:58 PM »

I used to picture how sick it would be to have Duffel riding with the baker guys.

Duffel deserves his flowers.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #203 on: November 02, 2021, 04:41:22 PM »
that era of dudes wearing leather jackets and listening to weak entry level punk rawk was so washed…

conqueso

« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2021, 04:47:11 PM »
that era of dudes wearing leather jackets and listening to weak entry level punk rawk was so washed…

exactly. dudes in here acting like this was rad

the clive/richie belton comparison is spot on

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2021, 04:54:41 PM »
there were a number of years where every kid in skating dressed and attempted to skate like him.

Lol what?! That's one of the most inaccurate exaggerations of someone's influence I've ever heard. Sure, lots of places had a few kids who were into that Tum Yeto look (California obviously had more), but in all my travels (during that era as well) that was never the most prominent look and I would also never credit that look solely to Duffel. I saw way more kids who were clearly influenced by the Baker dudes dressing in that style vs Duffel. Duffel is a fucking beast and he's hit some unreal spots, but dude actually had super knock knee style and an air of kookiness hanging over him, partially due to the infamous racist quote fiasco. If anything I'd say he's gotten more respect post-prime.

"every kid in skating", c'mon.  ;D

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »
all the best to this dude imo. just a really good skateboarder.

• was it clive or clint that 5-0'd that unthinkably huge University of Florida Hubba that goes straight into the ground? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? it was in some random edit. Whoever did that I respect unconditionally for life
  • i miss raybourn footage
  • shawn hale is incredible

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
there were plenty of people who did the tight pants thing in the 2000s but if you're looking for a single name, it's corey duffel. the fact that you have to pit his influence against an entire team kind of proves how massive he was.

also he does a noseblunt in his osiris part
He also does a FSNB in his Destroy Everything part. Saving those noseblunts for the shoe sponsors
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »

• was it clive or clint that 5-0'd that unthinkably huge University of Florida Hubba that goes straight into the ground? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? it was in some random edit. Whoever did that I respect unconditionally for life

This one at 2:22?
https://youtu.be/qwGrU5JQZto

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2021, 03:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This one at 2:22?
https://youtu.be/qwGrU5JQZto

Yep that's the one!! thanks! I swear I saw it in B-Roll form somewhere else but that's definitely the trick. This is one of those things that is completely unbelievable when you see the spot in person.