Author Topic: clive of birdhouse  (Read 25651 times)

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
Re: clive of birdhouse
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2021, 03:09:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
all the best to this dude imo. just a really good skateboarder.

• was it clive or clint that 5-0'd that unthinkably huge University of Florida Hubba that goes straight into the ground? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? it was in some random edit. Whoever did that I respect unconditionally for life
  • i miss raybourn footage
  • shawn hale is incredible
[close]

This one at 2:22?
https://youtu.be/qwGrU5JQZto
[close]

Yep that's the one!! thanks! I swear I saw it in B-Roll form somewhere else but that's definitely the trick. This is one of those things that is completely unbelievable when you see the spot in person.

yeah that shit shouldn’t be possible

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Corey duffel 50'd a 20 stair wooden hubba that took the life of a bmxer... there's a bench at the bottom in memorium. The whole walnut creek/ eastbay area is called "duffland". Kids dressed like him for 10+ years.
[close]

Anyone have a clip/video of this?

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »
it’s his last trick in feed the need i think? or the other osiris video after that maybe.

edit : never mind i was wrong. it’s at 2:28.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHVVnuq2VAA

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #213 on: November 04, 2021, 08:53:51 PM »
Expand Quote

baker was the real source of influence for the kids that you say dressed like him
[close]
there were plenty of people who did the tight pants thing in the 2000s but if you're looking for a single name, it's corey duffel. the fact that you have to pit his influence against an entire team kind of proves how massive he was.

also he does a noseblunt in his osiris part
The pants that started the tight pants era were the krew Reynolds pants and Greco pants or the volcom Dollin jeans I’ve never heard of ppl wearing duffel pants. That’s not even a debate it’s simply facts.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2021, 08:58:27 PM »
Maybe duffel wore his pants a bit tighter…he didn’t wear underwear, he mentioned that in an interview. I can’t believe I remember that and I’m still talking about this topic like 20 years after.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2154
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2021, 12:31:03 AM »
Maybe this belongs in the awkward skatepark encounters thread, or some such, but I’m gonna put it here anyways, on account of it seems relevant to this here discuss.
Back in the early 2000’s, when I was still working for a bay area based manufacturer/distributor, I used to stop off at the Alameda skateboard gymnasium regularly as part of my post-work decompression routine.
I have a clear recollect of a couple of occasions, within a week’s timeline, that I came across a young lady, in her early teens, wearing tight,girl’s cut pants, a short leather jacket, Joan Jett hair & heavy eye make up, blasting insanely floaty l, glue footed ollies all over the park, laying down wild tricks all over the place. This kid was gooooood. She had style and exhibited supreme board control. Shit was wild.
It wasn’t too much after that, I realized that THAT young lady was, in fact, Corey Duffel.
Imagine my surprise.
Anyways, Duffel is an extreme corn dog, but I will always hold a modicum of respect for that gnarly girl who absolutely crushed that shitty park like (s)he owned it, when there was nobody else but me around.
I’m not even trying to compare Clive & Corey, just adding that little seasoning to an already amusing thread topic.
Peace be with you.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2021, 05:16:17 PM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

mariolopez

• Rep: -22
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2021, 05:42:12 PM »
https://youtu.be/ntu4OU7jipk

holy shit that was cool

clive dixon seems like a good dude

hadouken

• Rep: 54
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2021, 06:46:35 PM »
Expand Quote

holy shit that was cool

clive dixon seems like a good dude

Tony’s eyebrows however, continue to put a hurting on everyone’s vision.

Who is doing him dirty? He deserves better.
&& lives to fuck the tits off new mums

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2021, 08:05:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

baker was the real source of influence for the kids that you say dressed like him
[close]
there were plenty of people who did the tight pants thing in the 2000s but if you're looking for a single name, it's corey duffel. the fact that you have to pit his influence against an entire team kind of proves how massive he was.

also he does a noseblunt in his osiris part
[close]
The pants that started the tight pants era were the krew Reynolds pants and Greco pants or the volcom Dollin jeans I’ve never heard of ppl wearing duffel pants. That’s not even a debate it’s simply facts.

I remember that era pretty vividly because I was a Baker Boy and my best friend was Corey Duffel’s #1 fan and Duffel’s look was well solidified before the Baker dudes started having signature pants. I’m not saying he started the tight jean thing obviously but it was a phenomena well before those guys had signature clothes… I know because we had to buy girl jeans because no one was making pants that tight in men’s sizes (Lolol). When the Reynolds jeans finally started coming out I had already been getting bullied for wearing girl pants for like two summers. Obviously people weren’t wearing Duffel’s actual signature pants, he didn’t have a clothing sponsor until well after that and when he did it was on Split and no one wanted to buy their pants because it was Split, but go back and watch his clips in that ‘01 and ‘02 era, his punk style is in full effect and a lot of those dudes were just transitioning into their tight jean style.

This is the gayest thing I’ve ever posted by far, can’t believe you guys baited me into this

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2021, 11:03:21 PM »
He should rebrand his image. It worked well for TJ Rogers. I was thinking that it would have been way sicker to see him switch 360 Wallenberg now than a few years ago while wearing a RDS tee and some ill fitting pants.

I think Clive could do something like, idk, Cromer-like. Switch up the pants, the brands, the music, and go fuck up New York spots. Not to say Brad Cromer was ever not cool, but maybe it's the making it out of Florida, away from California, and into New York thing that got me thinking that.

quackquack

• Rep: -378
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2021, 08:08:49 AM »
He should rebrand his image. It worked well for TJ Rogers. I was thinking that it would have been way sicker to see him switch 360 Wallenberg now than a few years ago while wearing a RDS tee and some ill fitting pants.

I think Clive could do something like, idk, Cromer-like. Switch up the pants, the brands, the music, and go fuck up New York spots. Not to say Brad Cromer was ever not cool, but maybe it's the making it out of Florida, away from California, and into New York thing that got me thinking that.

Anyone else wanna break the news?
Oh, the places you'll go.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »
https://youtu.be/ntu4OU7jipk

much cooler than expected. king of the road swayed me pretty far from those dudes but skating wise hes always been obviously ridiculous so its cool to see he seems like a cool dude. Bummer to hear it sound like the Birdhouse team has low T
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2021, 08:44:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You beat me to it.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2021, 06:38:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You beat me to it.

Haha I get it and but I think the pants work out for him. I think the big tee, tight-ish pants phase of the mid to late 2000s was goofier though. I'd rather watch him now than then.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #225 on: November 24, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »
Expand Quote

much cooler than expected. king of the road swayed me pretty far from those dudes but skating wise hes always been obviously ridiculous so its cool to see he seems like a cool dude. Bummer to hear it sound like the Birdhouse team has low T

It begs the question: should tony just can birdhouse? I’d say it’s been around long enough, tony certainly doesn’t need the money (if birdhouse is even profiting anymore, I doubt it), and it’s image (whatever it was) expired long ago.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

It begs the question: should tony just can birdhouse? I’d say it’s been around long enough, tony certainly doesn’t need the money (if birdhouse is even profiting anymore, I doubt it), and it’s image (whatever it was) expired long ago.

Is Birdhouse the Simpsons of skateboarding?

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2021, 09:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve spent way too much time coming up with theories about his hair.  It just always looks weird to me, no matter the circumstances.  It even looks weird when he’s bald, somehow.  I don’t think he has any confidence walking in to the barber shop/salon.  No idea what to ask for.  I know what this feels like because I have it too.
[close]
I kinda have this too. He just has shitty white guy hair. It's not thinning or a weird hairline or anything actually bad there's just nothing you can do with it that looks particularly good.
Also while toy machine historically is cooler than birdhouse I feel like they pay less these days. Do his boards even sell well? Maybe he just got let go but in a nice way.
Being a guy with shitty white guy hair, it kinda sucks. Anything between shaved head and long hair looks stupid. I’ve always envied the guy with cool shaggy hair