Author Topic: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks  (Read 25665 times)

thunder146

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: why does everyone put bones bushings in their trucks
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2021, 12:11:00 PM »
Expand Quote
I used to use bones medium until I tried bones soft, now I’m only using bones soft in my thunders since I’m only 150lbs. Bones soft med or hard depends on your body weight tbh.

If u wanna get rid of the clicking sound with bones in thunder/venture, you have to use 1 stock washer on the bottom and a bones washer on top - this corrects geometry of the truck and helps break in bushings. After they’re broken in nice, u can go back to using stock washers instead of 1 stock washer and 1 bones washer. Another tip is with bones, you can use the smaller top stock washer as a bottom washer since bones bushings fit perfectly in them - and it makes it look more aesthetically pleasing.

I don’t like the stock bushings because my trucks never return to center, and I feel I can Ollie higher with bones since they’re more springy.
[close]

I see this mentioned a lot, do bushings really give you a higher Ollie? Seems like a mental thing, you’re more comfortable riding certain brands thus you’re more likely to Ollie with good form and therefore go higher. I reckon trucks affect your Ollies more since some trucks brands are heavier than others…
Certain bushings giving you a “higher” ollie is probably a mental thing, but i personally feel like bones are more springy than stock bushings. I experiment sometimes by bringing an extra set of stock bushings to the spot and swapping back and forth between stock and bones, and I think I skate more comfortably with bones ultimately giving me a more proper ollie. At the end of the day, bones soft bushings hit the spot - at least for me.

Also, I think heavier trucks, aka trucks with cast base plates, give me a higher ollie bc I think the board sticks to your feet better - especially when skating transition.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2021, 01:52:53 PM »
are they really better than stock bushings? I skate thunders and use the stock thunder bushings but it seems like everyone puts bones bushings in their trucks. whats up with this? wouldn't the stock bushings be better since they are technically designed for the truck they are in?

because they want all trucks to turn like thunders , dudes just buy thunders
" I did not say this I am not here"

whorific

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »
the best bushings are the ones that come with the trucks because they are the only ones designed specifically for that truck. there is a reason why venture's bushings differ from indy and thunder.
I back this with all trucks but Venture purple are just too much, I like to put a blue doh doh in the bottom and a yellow doh doh in the top get the Ace loose with the Venture turn

whorific

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2021, 01:58:27 PM »
What kind of bushings does Daewon Song use? Those are my favorite.
yeah they are called washers super thin super hard LULZ