Author Topic: Like it’s the 1920’s or something  (Read 5360 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Like it’s the 1920’s or something
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2021, 07:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote
some sort of mechanic pulling heads of this beech

[close]
Dope jumpsuit, things appeared to come apart ok huh?

hell yeah, brother. head popped right off. push rods seems straight too. shouldn't have had to do this but the previous owner did a bunch of dastardly shit with the exhaust there was a crack in the head top rear drivers side stud, so off comes the head. took about 90 minutes. now I gotta clean the carbon outta the piston. compression had been real low in cylinder one, so the build up is thick as a brick. real easy fix on the compression tho. tuned up those valves a 1/4 turn and it went from 60 to 140. wasn't really looking forward to the 1.9 engine swap during rainy season. hopefully this head swap works out a little easier.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2021, 05:05:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Came to say I also love the flight suit!

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Fhk

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2021, 12:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

hell yeah, brother. head popped right off. push rods seems straight too. shouldn't have had to do this but the previous owner did a bunch of dastardly shit with the exhaust there was a crack in the head top rear drivers side stud, so off comes the head. took about 90 minutes. now I gotta clean the carbon outta the piston. compression had been real low in cylinder one, so the build up is thick as a brick. real easy fix on the compression tho. tuned up those valves a 1/4 turn and it went from 60 to 140. wasn't really looking forward to the 1.9 engine swap during rainy season. hopefully this head swap works out a little easier.
Perfect man.. Gotta love it when a plan comes together! I'm vaccinating 50 bison today with my wife's cousins, I can't wait to show you guys some pictures tonight. This is fucking insanity!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:47:36 PM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

Fhk

« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »

I spent at least 6 hours up on the staging corralling 49 other bison with this asshole acting like this within a few feet of me. I climbed down to take a picture before we put him in the trailer of doom.

Fhk

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2021, 01:34:24 PM »

Venture trucks.

Cheap beer with bison shit on your sweater means the day is done.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2021, 02:02:52 PM »
^damn that's sick, respect

edit: feel free to share any bison story 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2021, 02:09:07 PM »
I've never met a bison but I feel like they'd be very stoic
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
Class man. I'd love to do that work for a day.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Fhk

« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2021, 02:18:31 PM »

It starts with my buddy in a skid steer pushing them (not physically) in the general direction they need to go then someone in a pickup continues to keep them running the same direction. Eventually they make their way into a series of corrals. As they enter me and my wife run along that staging opening and slamming close the doors to each section. Bulls can't be with calves etc. and ideally they should all be separated asap for their safety. So you must move extremely quickly. Mind you They are very very displeased as this process is happening and are fighting like hell to get out. The last staging area is a small "squeezing" cage where they are trapped for vaccinations and ear tagging , some are checked to see if they are pregnant as well. The act of taking these amazing creatures from roaming in 25 acres into a 10'x2' cage is phenomenal. It is hard to put into words what the process actually is, hopefully that kind of made sense. It is up there with some of the most dangerous shit I have ever done. And unfortunately my dumbass does that a lot.

Fhk

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2021, 02:22:34 PM »
I've never met a bison but I feel like they'd be very stoic
They are very intense during this process, otherwise stoic is very accurate. Unless the bulls are in heat or angry, then all bets are off.
Class man. I'd love to do that work for a day.
It was so fun. No money involved, just a beer and some great memories. Can't wait to do it again come Spring.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2021, 02:26:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It starts with my buddy in a skid steer pushing them (not physically) in the general direction they need to go then someone in a pickup continues to keep them running the same direction. Eventually they make their way into a series of corrals. As they enter me and my wife run along that staging opening and slamming close the doors to each section. Bulls can't be with calves etc. and ideally they should all be separated asap for their safety. So you must move extremely quickly. Mind you They are very very displeased as this process is happening and are fighting like hell to get out. The last staging area is a small "squeezing" cage where they are trapped for vaccinations and ear tagging , some are checked to see if they are pregnant as well. The act of taking these amazing creatures from roaming in 25 acres into a 10'x2' cage is phenomenal. It is hard to put into words what the process actually is, hopefully that kind of made sense. It is up there with some of the most dangerous shit I have ever done. And unfortunately my dumbass does that a lot.

Thank you !! That's crazy, must be some sick memories for sure. Hope you stay safe, I'm thankful I've never had to be careful for angry bulls

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »
Bison are cool. Alaska a few years ago.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »
This is hardcore as fuck @Seventyfuhkinseven

Fhk

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2021, 04:45:15 PM »
This is hardcore as fuck @Seventyfuhkinseven
Thanks man, I am freaking exhausted. I didn't realize how much adrenaline was pumping at the time.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2021, 04:53:27 PM »
@Seventyfuhkinseven holy fuck dude glad you were safe but god damn that’s some work.

Truly, like it’s the 1920’s or something
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Fhk

« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2021, 06:36:16 PM »
@Seventyfuhkinseven holy fuck dude glad you were safe but god damn that’s some work.

Truly, like it’s the 1920’s or something
I definitely was playing the part :)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »

I spent at least 6 hours up on the staging corralling 49 other bison with this asshole acting like this within a few feet of me. I climbed down to take a picture before we put him in the trailer of doom.

That’s soo sick bro, that’s a big animal ay holy shit!
How good are beers
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2021, 11:11:43 PM »
Probably a stupid question but what are you guys doing with the bison? Is it for meat?

I know it’s not a cow but all I have to say is, fuck that’s a big cow
listen to cosmic psychos

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2021, 12:08:34 AM »
can't imagine what's going on with the bison, extreme business
can't wait to finish some drywall tomorrow
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Fhk

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2021, 05:36:38 AM »
Probably a stupid question but what are you guys doing with the bison? Is it for meat?

I know it’s not a cow but all I have to say is, fuck that’s a big cow
The one in this picture is a young bull, hard to believe but he is small compared to the two main bulls (idk what the actually call them. They are fucking huge. Yes unfortunately he was going to the slaughterhouse. I don't know how or why they pick who goes. So you are absolutely correct Matty they are for meat.
Edit: I just asked why they pick which bull goes and it's mostly if they aren't producing sperm. So if they ain't banging and growing the heard they are sent away. I usually don't ask much about that process because it's kinda disheartening.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:53:44 AM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1438
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2021, 06:07:05 PM »
At the end of the day i had to unload a semi truck full of pvc pipe for irrigation. Big bundles of 20 ft long pvc is already a nightmare in perfect conditions and it's currently pouring rain down here in socal. A complete nightmare. Dropped one but didn't do any damage.

Fhk

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2021, 07:29:12 PM »
At the end of the day i had to unload a semi truck full of pvc pipe for irrigation. Big bundles of 20 ft long pvc is already a nightmare in perfect conditions and it's currently pouring rain down here in socal. A complete nightmare. Dropped one but didn't do any damage.
Got to love those situations at the end of the work day. Although it makes the way home even better!

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2021, 01:39:57 AM »
Rained off work today... Beauty

Could do with the cash but fuck it. An 8/9 hour day in the freezing rain is not worth any money at this point.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2021, 01:54:17 AM »
Do you get paid for four hours if you get sent home? Like a minimum to show up or nah?

I’m not trying to flex bro it’s not like that but you should be billing cunts for 4 hours even if you get sent home cause they like, engaged you for the day
The weathers not your problem, ay

The best test is like am I doing some other cunts bidding right now or am I doing my own bidding
I don’t mean bidding like tender I mean like am I doing what I want or what my boss wants
If it’s what the boss wants then someone’s gonna pay for that shit it’s not gonna be me and it shouldn’t be you mate
listen to cosmic psychos

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2021, 04:18:33 AM »
Only get paid for the hours I was in. it's dirt

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2021, 11:21:25 AM »
i am again on the verge of quitting or getting fired, not sure.

i am constantly fighting with my boss over shift times. so i have two consecutive shifts that are planned to be 8 hours, but they come out at 10-12 every time. so in a timespan of 48 hours i am working almost 24 at the bar for him. i am a student now and students here are only allowed to work 20 hours a week. we are severly understaffed and i am doing overtime to no end. meanwhile my studies are suffering because my boss is stressing me out to run a whole place for him.

i've been asking for weeks to be taken out of this shift, and after initial confirmation, he just continues to leave me in there saying he hasn't enough workers to fill it.

my coworker and i (we are just two people running a whole club) are pretty burned out on this shit, thinking about just quitting together, which would mean severe loss of profit for them. they'd be unable to open the thing without us. it's like a cold war. he's not getting us people and he's not making any decisions concerning opening times to make things easier. he just expects us to just come, since in his head we are obliged to, i guess.

on top of that i got to get my spine checked out for a herniated disc, and it doesn't concern him that i have been in pain for weeks now. i still have to carry shitloads of beverageboxes and do storage logistics and shit. today i almost lost all tact and was about to just write "fuck you dude, i'm done"

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2021, 11:39:28 AM »

i am constantly fighting with my boss over shift times. so i have two consecutive shifts that are planned to be 8 hours, but they come out at 10-12 every time. so in a timespan of 48 hours i am working almost 24 at the bar for him. i am a student now and students here are only allowed to work 20 hours a week. we are severly understaffed and i am doing overtime to no end. meanwhile my studies are suffering because my boss is stressing me out to run a whole place for him.

i've been asking for weeks to be taken out of this shift, and after initial confirmation, he just continues to leave me in there saying he hasn't enough workers to fill it.

my coworker and i (we are just two people running a whole club) are pretty burned out on this shit, thinking about just quitting together, which would mean severe loss of profit for them. they'd be unable to open the thing without us. it's like a cold war. he's not getting us people and he's not making any decisions concerning opening times to make things easier. he just expects us to just come, since in his head we are obliged to, i guess.

on top of that i got to get my spine checked out for a herniated disc, and it doesn't concern him that i have been in pain for weeks now. i still have to carry shitloads of beverageboxes and do storage logistics and shit. today i almost lost all tact and was about to just write "fuck you dude, i'm done"
I’d personally tell him to get fucked and I’d quit right then and there, I’ve done it before and it feels fantastic.

Clearly he has no respect for you or your studies.

I personally have two herniated disks in my back, it fucking sucks. Quit hurting yourself for this schmuck who doesn’t respect you.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2021, 12:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I’d personally tell him to get fucked and I’d quit right then and there, I’ve done it before and it feels fantastic.

Clearly he has no respect for you or your studies.

I personally have two herniated disks in my back, it fucking sucks. Quit hurting yourself for this schmuck who doesn’t respect you.
thanks for your concern.

i'd love to do that, but i have to figure out how to pay rent/find another job first. my financial situation isn't such that i could go two weeks, let alone the whole month without income.

but i'm working on it.

also sorry about reading about the herniated discs, hope it doesn't require surgery! @TheBoognish
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 01:01:07 PM by Frank »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2021, 01:18:21 AM »
This building has topped out so it’s like the final floor has been poured and the roofs on pretty much

They always have a mad party when this happens, I’m hyped

We’re gonna do four hours tomorrow and everyones stopping work to have a mad party it’s gonna be sick
It’s a good time for it, we all got Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday off so that’s heaps of time to recover ahaha

Haven’t been to one in a few years but usually after a couple hours everyone’s drunk and the bags come out, you see cunts smoking joints in the stairwells and shit

This is maybe a bit old school but they got these strippers coming in, too, like a full show
That’s a weird one hey cause there’s heaps of ladies that are tradespeople too
They’re not getting in boy strippers for them or anything

It’s gonna be sick!
listen to cosmic psychos

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2021, 01:56:29 AM »
This building has topped out so it’s like the final floor has been poured and the roofs on pretty much

They always have a mad party when this happens, I’m hyped

We’re gonna do four hours tomorrow and everyones stopping work to have a mad party it’s gonna be sick
It’s a good time for it, we all got Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday off so that’s heaps of time to recover ahaha

Haven’t been to one in a few years but usually after a couple hours everyone’s drunk and the bags come out, you see cunts smoking joints in the stairwells and shit

This is maybe a bit old school but they got these strippers coming in, too, like a full show
That’s a weird one hey cause there’s heaps of ladies that are tradespeople too
They’re not getting in boy strippers for them or anything

It’s gonna be sick!

Lethal haha

The boss used to take us to the titty bars after a big roofing job in Darwin. Leave work early on a Friday and get pissed for free. Magic.