Author Topic: Tampa Pro 2021  (Read 21600 times)

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -95
Re: Tampa Pro 2021
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2021, 06:15:16 PM »
Forgot how fucking good Jack Olson is, could have easily won best trick. damn Real is stacked. Joslin's backside flip and backside bigger flip to flat were insane. Decenzo's gap Tre to noseblunt was beast; best trick delivered.

Man &&'s really starting to come of as just one of the guys, congrats.

Fuck where's jah though, where's Ishod?

Fhk

« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2021, 06:51:03 PM »
Foy’s trick had to be considered so high because it’s an NBD, correct? I’ve never seen that (even though that doesn’t mean much) but I’m guessing that’s why. Especially done to that caliber.

Beergarden

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2021, 07:23:12 PM »
Jack Olson got robbed.  I claim home court advantage for Foy.   Florida man.  Any advice from a pro skater / likely high school drop out, outside of trick tips is lunacy. I like KM art.  I thought it looked cool.  Cariuma sucks.  Cody Capeda should have stayed the off the course.   DILo or whatever did FS Flip fakie manual , fakie flip out. That was boss.  Cookie had some rad stuff going down.  As did Andy Anderson.  Weird stuff but I have come to appreciate him.   

All the Rubiero’s other than Carlos are hard to watch. 

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2021, 07:27:39 PM »
Jack Olson got robbed.  I claim home court advantage for Foy.   Florida man.  Any advice from a pro skater / likely high school drop out, outside of trick tips is lunacy. I like KM art.  I thought it looked cool.  Cariuma sucks.  Cody Capeda should have stayed the off the course.   DILo or whatever did FS Flip fakie manual , fakie flip out. That was boss.  Cookie had some rad stuff going down.  As did Andy Anderson.  Weird stuff but I have come to appreciate him.   

All the Rubiero’s other than Carlos are hard to watch.

Jack didn’t get robbed because Jack did a ton of tricks and variations of tricks we’ve seen him do in video parts before. I’ll move to the unpopular opinion thread if needed.

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
Foy not even top 5 for me.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
16th (today's steam.) -
https://youtu.be/iV0mTlp0W4s

17th (finals) -
https://youtu.be/qFSpia_vx-Q

preview vid -
https://youtu.be/vq2eUb_xFEE

I know Appleyards one of slaps golden boys but outside of skating he's a total alt right conspiracy nut job and I'm bummed I'm going to have to listen to that turd. Also pissed I'm going to have to look at KM's crappy "art" the entire time. Is Schaefer an alt right kook too and these guys are his buddies or something?

Before I get ripped for ripping apples the dude claimed the pandemic was orchestrated, and was encouraging people to check out David Icke because he had some things to say more people needed to know about. If you don't know who that is he's a retired athlete that believes the world is run by lizard people (specifically Jewish lizards, the guy really hates Jews) , 5g is making us sick, chem trails, it's the Jews fault that the Holocaust happened and he's also said the Holocaust didn't happen (can't even keep his lies straight). So yeah, fuck Appleyard, and fuck KM.

edit- sounds like Paul Zitzer will be on the mic with Andrew, not apples, thank god!
[close]

You are profoundly full of donkey shit. Recommending a conspiracy theorist doesn’t mean you believe and endorse every single position they hold on every topic. People like you are pure toxicity. Back your claims or fuck off with your guilt by association fallacy.
[close]
If Appleyard believes a bunch of conspiracy shit and then says “check out this conspiracy guy” it’s not a mystery what Appleyard is doing. We’re not obligated to give Appleyard the benefit of the doubt and assume he wants us to check out Ickes ideas that aren’t crazy or terrible , if they even exist.

You’re not obligated to do anything but you would certainly want someone to do their homework before they accuse you of believing all these horrible things. Simply suggesting a conspiracy nut is far from conclusive evidence. But hey let’s go ahead and recklessly character assassinate. Don’t let me interrupt.

Beergarden

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2021, 08:00:14 PM »
I know a lot of people who believe conspiracies.  Many of them are good people.   I don’t like Apples because of his political, spiritual, or medical point of views.  I like him because he landed tricks and would often do a wanker type post celebration.   Rad style. All his pre-flip footy was the goods. 

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

You are profoundly full of donkey shit. Recommending a conspiracy theorist doesn’t mean you believe and endorse every single position they hold on every topic. People like you are pure toxicity. Back your claims or fuck off with your guilt by association fallacy.
[close]
you have been ignored, bye

Is that Steve Berra of Scott Aukerman sitting with the Bryte crew? First time I've seen Berra at SPoT in over a decade
[close]

He has a point though

I agree MA's views are dogshit

But that doesn't interfere with his insight or commentary on Skateboarding

Who cares what the guy MC'ing Tampa thinks about vaccines
[close]

What point is that? You made a point but I never said he couldn't commentate, just said my preference was to never here his dumb voice again. Your point is unrelated.

People like David Icke are "pure toxicity" not I, and their views don't need to have any more attention than they already have. I don't have to "back my claims" because it's public knowledge. Look the guy up.

Look, I'll do a tiny bit of work because this one made me laugh:
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/david-icke-meet-the-man-who-claimed-nz-would-disappear/YMQDJZLSUL46WEYLRKA3ZSAKK4/

So yeah if you back that shithead then I can't back you, espically being Jewish (non-praticing or not). If you are encouraging people to check him out then you are totally part of the huge misinformation problem the world is fighting right now. Those ideas are what's toxic.

People like you ruin it for the people who really deserve criticism because you dilute the pool with false accusations. Does Appleyard take detailed notes on every wild claim made by Icky. Hell fucking no he doesn’t. He’s not an obsessive shit stirrer like you. He’s too damn busy popping nollie flips into all kinds of dope shit. Think about it.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2021, 08:22:45 PM »
I know a lot of people who believe conspiracies.  Many of them are good people.   I don’t like Apples because of his political, spiritual, or medical point of views.  I like him because he landed tricks and would often do a wanker type post celebration.   Rad style. All his pre-flip footy was the goods.

I was really hoping you’d explain your stance on Mark Appleyard.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2021, 08:41:45 PM »
Jamie Foy’s consistency is unreal.

he wasn't even really getting close to the second blunt until he got it, but you know he was going to get it

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2021, 08:43:18 PM »
Is this rail dancing really the new fucking thing now?

it's real and it's beautiful, come dance with me

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2021, 09:08:47 PM »
Gvng
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »
Gvng
Cryptic.  I like it.
I’m not certain what your on about, but I like it.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2021, 09:16:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Gvng
[close]
Cryptic.  I like it.
I’m not certain what your on about, but I like it.

I think it’s Swedish for “competition.”

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2021, 09:37:25 PM »
best trick highlight reel:

https://youtu.be/iV0mTlp0W4s?t=23126

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2021, 10:42:42 PM »
1. Jamie Foy: fs blunt to bs 180 to fs noseblunt noseslide

KDP

• Rep: 12
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2021, 11:37:57 PM »

lol. wut?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2021, 11:42:59 PM »
What even is Tampa Pro these days ?

Cariumas everywhere, even on Vallely’s chest fronting a punk band.
Antivax and conspiracy blockheads in the judging and cosmetic department

Oh man

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2021, 11:45:41 PM »

Front blunt to b/s noseslide

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 10
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2021, 11:56:43 PM »
stoked for Pamela Rosa's Foy-sized gap smith, cool that she made semis

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2021, 11:57:28 PM »
Forgot how fucking good Jack Olson is, could have easily won best trick. damn Real is stacked. Joslin's backside flip and backside bigger flip to flat were insane. Decenzo's gap Tre to noseblunt was beast; best trick delivered.

Man &&'s really starting to come of as just one of the guys, congrats.

Fuck where's jah though, where's Ishod?

I saw on insta he was in an apartment or hotel room, like high enough up and he crooksed the railing of his apartment

I like to think he blew the weekend off to take drugs
listen to cosmic psychos

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2021, 11:58:04 PM »
I don't like cariuma but I dont see what the issue is. Other years have had way more Nike branding everywhere. It's like complaining there's a couple of KFC ads instead of dozens of McDonald's

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2021, 12:01:47 AM »
Cariumas is more like Brodie’s not kfc imo
listen to cosmic psychos

dannyprovolone

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2021, 01:17:34 AM »
berra was front and center on the course. Positioned like some kind of skate overlord. Even the announcer dudes had caminias on. God help us.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2021, 01:31:05 AM »

But will she make more semis than Leticias tight pants?

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2021, 02:29:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But will she make more semis than Leticias tight pants?

Lol no chance

Jack Olsen got robbed in best trick

Wish someone had told Cody capeda/paul hart to go sit it out and get outta the way

Shane o neill also did plenty of good shit in best trick

Contests these days make me sad as no one really does flip tricks anymore, maybe they’re considered too risky as even the top dogs seemed to be missing them/avoiding flips…too many grinds

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -12
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2021, 04:03:46 AM »
Best trick looked kinda like an early 2000s snowboard rail jam with all the combos. 

Whoever the moron was that was going .5 mph trying manual tricks while dudes were gapping pyramid to down rail should rethink his whole life. 

Felipe Gustavo tried that switch flip back tail 80 fucking times and half the time he didn’t even get the board up to the rail… if he did get onto it he would wax the shit out of it like the rail was the problem.

Appleyard did the wildest damn 360 flip ever in photosynthesis and has been fucking shit up for like 25 years… I don’t really care what his opinions are until he goes way off the fucking deep end.

Some of you are way too concerned about people’s personal opinions instead of caring about the thing that brought us all here in the first place… FUCKING SKATEBOARDING. We aren’t politicians and most of us aren’t role models, we’re e a bunch of fucking morons that still play with a child’s toy in parking lots.

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -12
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2021, 04:07:42 AM »
Also I think it’s funny how slap was talking shit on Clive Dixon’s hair the other day and he showed up with a freshly buzzed head.

zahed

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -28
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2021, 05:40:18 AM »
anyone have a list of who is skating in the semis today?