Poll

What is your policy?

Absolutely not
48 (64.9%)
Only if they are almost to legal drinking age
13 (17.6%)
9th grade and up.  No middle schoolers, period.
9 (12.2%)
I’m buying them whatever they want, I don’t give a fuck.
4 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Buying Beer for Teenagers  (Read 1527 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Buying Beer for Teenagers
« on: October 16, 2021, 08:42:24 PM »
You are about to enter a liquor store when approached by a sheepish kid with a fist full of crinkled bills, asking you to get a 12 pack of Budweisers and a bottle of Boones Farm.

What do you do?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Uh Oh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
Re: Buying Beer for Teenagers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 08:50:59 PM »
You are about to enter a liquor store when approached by a sheepish kid with a fist full of crinkled bills, asking you to get a 12 pack of Budweisers and a bottle of Boones Farm.

What do you do?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:57:16 PM »
back in the day we had dial a bottle. some dude would drive up and sell the worst vodka out of his trunk

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »
I asked randoms to do it for me in the 90s, these days the legal ramifications would be a too much of a risk. The kids in question would probably tiktok you walking into the store…

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 09:08:41 PM »
Illegitimate Poll.

-What would Fred Gall do?

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:12:39 PM »
I asked randoms to do it for me in the 90s, these days the legal ramifications would be a too much of a risk. The kids in question would probably tiktok you walking into the store…

This. I did the same on occasion as a teen, usually just told them to keep the change. I was always surprised how easy it was, and how willing a lot of people were to do it. Eventually the corner store just sold it to us directly starting around when we were 18-19. They were cool. Owners name was Gandhi, still there, pretty cool old guy.

Now as an adult though, there is no way I would personally do it for some random kids. Fuck that haha

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 09:14:22 PM »
Fuck them kids

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2021, 09:18:26 PM »
I bought booze for some teens back in 97. They ended up drinking it at a church skate area. They were puking in the bushes and the church took out the ramps the next day. I'm happy they couldn't use skateboarding to try and sucker kids into church anymore.

Nowadays, there is no way.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2021, 09:24:34 PM »
When I was a young punk the older punks would always help us out with a booze run. I would return the favour but would have my limits on the amount or type of booze. Bottle of spirits? No way. A sixer between 2-3-4 people yeah I'd do it.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 10:06:40 PM »
My friends and I used to do this all the time and get 40s of 800 Ice and other really disgusting beer basically to get as drunk as possible for cheap. Sometimes we'd ask the local homeless dudes and give them some money, and other times we'd just ask random older people going into the convenience store. But yeah like others have said there's no way I'd do that for any kids these days.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2021, 10:10:10 PM »
Look, I’m saying it’s right or if it’s wrong, but think about how stoked that kid is going to be.  You’ve got a chance to be his angel, and he’s probably going to remember you fondly every once in a while for the rest of his life.  That’s all I’m saying.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2021, 10:19:59 PM »
Look, I’m saying it’s right or if it’s wrong, but think about how stoked that kid is going to be.  You’ve got a chance to be his angel, and he’s probably going to remember you fondly every once in a while for the rest of his life.  That’s all I’m saying.

I remember thinking those older people who did that for us were so cool. But now I'm not so sure. I know a lot of them were just adults who understood the struggle of trying to party as teens and it probably gave them good memories of being young. OTOH it's kinda weird to buy alcohol for teens and I'd also be thinking what if they drive or do something else really dumb while drunk, which you can be pretty sure they will, if our teen antics are any indication.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2021, 10:28:43 PM »
I've been approached and asked to buy booze before. It didn't even cross my mind that it was an underage kid trying to get me to do something illegal. Maybe because I was barely legal at the time and I never thought to ask strangers to buy liquor for me. One of the clerks overheard the teen's request and put the kibosh on that. Nowadays I would never do that shit. Thems can be 18 year Olds working a sting for the coppers.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2021, 10:37:49 PM »
Nah. I mean, we did this pretty regular when I was 16/17 but there’s no way I’m picking up a misdo for some random kids and losing my job. I get it, its just not worth the risk.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2021, 11:01:06 PM »

Jesus Christ, Kid. Smooth out those bills and buy it your own damn self.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

billy_pilgrimspecker

• Rep: 4
  • "You never know who’ll get one"
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2021, 11:51:08 PM »
booze is the worst drug--I'd help a teenager with almost any other substance before that one. i've lost people, like in accidents and also from long-term alcoholism, so i'm very biased but for real take that shit seriously. Smoke weed...just not heavy every day because that can fuck up your prefrontal cortex (which is the last part of the brain to develop and isn't mature in males until as late as 25 years old). If a teenager asked me to buy them booze I'd want to give them some ganja and tell them about someone I lost due to drunk driving.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2021, 04:53:11 AM »
i had a kid follow me around asking for weed once, i hate kids and i won’t do them favors

Fhk

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 05:00:57 AM »
Boones farm..Holyfuck  :)

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2021, 06:49:50 AM »
Only if it is a party ball…

Fhk

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2021, 07:30:43 AM »
Only if it is a party ball…

Yes! at the expense of showing our age

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2021, 09:30:25 AM »
Considering I’m at the youthful age where half of my friends are of legal drinking age and half aren’t, I will always hook up the homies if they are in need of cigs or booze.

Randoms though? That’s a different story.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2021, 09:39:56 AM »
Only adults I ever begged to buy me alcohol were homeless dudes, and I gave them a financial incentive.

One of the reasons I'm not homeless now is so I don't have to buy kids alcohol.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
About ten years ago, a good friend of mine bought a bottle of cheap vodka for a 16-year old he worked with, the kid ended up dying from driving drunk that same night. It fucked him up for years.

I never did it, and never will, I don’t want to get into trouble for that. Anyways legal drinking age is 18 here, if you’ve got facial hair at 15-16 like I did, chances are they won’t card you.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2021, 01:06:28 PM »
Hells no, why would I risk my whole livelihood for some dumb kids trying to party? If I had a homie aged 18-20 that was kicking it with me I might give him a beer if he asked but I’m not about to give a random kid money to get fucked up and possibly hurt themself or someone else

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2021, 02:13:43 PM »
Probably not. I'm pretty sensitive about this stuff, haha. Once I even got my liquor licence (took a government-approved bartending course online) because I was flirting with the idea of moonlighting as a bartender as a part-time job, but I never pursued it because I personally felt uncomfortable selling alcohol to make a living. I was drinking back then but wanted to quit, so selling it felt like a deeper moral quandary. Plus I'm not the bartender type.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 02:46:22 PM »
Probably not. I'm pretty sensitive about this stuff, haha. Once I even got my liquor licence (took a government-approved bartending course online) because I was flirting with the idea of moonlighting as a bartender as a part-time job, but I never pursued it because I personally felt uncomfortable selling alcohol to make a living. I was drinking back then but wanted to quit, so selling it felt like a deeper moral quandary. Plus I'm not the bartender type.

Glad you went with what felt right, but don't sell yourself short Adam, you'd be a great bartender haha! You'd have some deep ass philosophical knowledge to drop on people, but they'd probably just wake up the next morning, not remembering a thing. I bet you'd have some slick tricks too. Fucking throwing stuff in the air, flaming drinks and shit.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 04:21:49 PM »
I was always too shy to ask, but I had a friend that had no shame.  I was shocked at how many people would buy us booze.  This was around 2001 era.  It was never more than an hour before he could convince someone to grab us a 40oz. of Old English.

Edit: I should add that I've been asked to buy for teenagers twice, but I declined.  Not worth the risk.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 04:32:05 PM by skateboardnorth »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 05:10:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Glad you went with what felt right, but don't sell yourself short Adam, you'd be a great bartender haha! You'd have some deep ass philosophical knowledge to drop on people, but they'd probably just wake up the next morning, not remembering a thing. I bet you'd have some slick tricks too. Fucking throwing stuff in the air, flaming drinks and shit.

Aw shucks haha <3 I'd juggle the beers for sure

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 05:12:12 PM »
I have never seen county and intend to keep it that way