Author Topic: Mundane events, told in detail.  (Read 736 times)

realbasedgod112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Mundane events, told in detail.
« on: February 14, 2022, 05:27:14 PM »
I'm not sure why, but I rather enjoy reading about people's uninteresting experiences in life. The more detail, the better.
Here's mine:

This morning was as uneventful as the rest. I stumbled out of bed 10 minutes later than I should have, despite telling myself the night before that I have to be more disciplined. This is the way of life, at least for me, much of the time. I put on a shirt (I sleep shirtless due to the heat) and fumbled my way to the kettle.
I soon realised that the kettle was empty. Fucker. I went to fill it up at the sink, but no water came out. The pump was turned off. Now exasperated, I trudged my way to the surprisingly mild outdoors to turn the pump back on at the source. With this obstacle overcome, I returned and filled up the kettle.
Powdered coffee. Coles' gift to Earth. I confess I am rather uncultured in coffee consumption, and normally just grab a box of sachets of whatever's cheapest. The last time I bought it, it regrettably turned out to be a stronger kind than I normally drink. Oh well. Not a problem. I had been drinking it with milk anyway, problem solved.
I had begun to come to my senses, and I walked 'normally' to the fridge out in the garage. (We moved houses to a place with a smaller fridge hole than can fit ours, so we keep it in the garage. Inconvenient at first, but easy to get used to. There are worse things in life.)
What the fuck. The milk bottle was empty in the fridge. My sister, or some other uncaring fiend, must have gotten to it before I could. This blow was the first to send me reeling, and I stomped back to the kitchen full of exasperation. I thought milk powder would do nicely as a substitute (which it did), so I fumbled through the unorganised miscellaneous food cabinet until I found the jar.
By this point the kettle had finished boiling, so I emptied the coffee's sachet into a mug, and poured it two thirds full of boiling water right after. There were no clean spoons in the draw, and in my morning-inflicted rage I had the poor judgement to instead grab the powder out with my hands. Sure it was uncouth, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
Have you heard of Murphy's Law? On the off chance that you haven't, the 'law' theorises that 'Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong'. This proved true once again this morning. My sister entered my vicinity to the sight of me digging through the powdered milk jar with my hands in an apelike fashion. Being her fastidious self, she enquired as to why I was doing this, with all the typical signs of disgust on her face. Equal parts shocked and dumbfounded, I had no answer for her, though I took a brief moment of reflection on how far my morning routine had fallen. Though I may have never been a particularly civilised individual, any semblance of a refined nature had faded from my being.
Both of us feeling defeated for our respective reasons, I continued onto finishing the process of making my coffee while she went back to whatever it was she had been doing. I twisted the knob corresponding to release of cold water from the sink's faucet, though I can recall remarking upon the insignificance of the choice using the hot or cold water knob to top up and simultaneously cool down my coffee with. The water would come out cold either way, having not been given enough time to heat up. Maybe there was some butterfly effect that would change my life drastically, but there's no point in contemplating what will never happen.
My cup filled, and I stopped my pondering for the moment. The battle of making my coffee was done. I pulled a chair out from the table, the chair squealing in protest. I had been meaning to reattach a set of felt protectors to the legs of the chairs, but it would have to wait. I drank my coffee in quick fashion, and went to place it in the dishwasher. My attempt of being conscientious for once was stopped abruptly by the sight of drawers full of clean dishes. The sink would have to do for this lonely mug, at least for now.
I shifted my attention to the oven's digital clock, proudly displaying the time: 7:48. Shit. I was going to miss my bus. I rushed to my room with the urgency and precision of a bat out of hell, disturbing my sleeping dog in the process. He grumbled indignantly at my disrespect, though in the moment I paid it little mind. I got to my room, and began frantically getting changed.
As I reached for my socks, my gaze came upon my personal clock (Digital of course). A wave of relief washed over me like the water of a cold shower on a boiling midsummer day. The actual time was displayed: 7:42! In my frantic rush, I had forgotten that the clock in the kitchen is almost 7 minutes fast. Although this window gave me little room to drag my feet, it felt like I had been declared innocent as my time in death row was coming to a close.
Despite my good fortune, the despair that engulfed me moments before was still fresh in my memory. I wasted no time in pulling my old socks on, though took the time to correct one of the socks being inside out. I rushed from my room down the hallway, sliding over the slick wood floor. Always a child at heart it seems.
I grabbed my phone, my bluetooth earphones and put them in the back and left pockets of my pants respectively. I chose these pockets as the case for my earphones protrudes more than my phone, making it more comfortable to sit down to put my shoes on without the obstruction. My phone stayed in my back pocket because the shorts I put on beforehand have a deeper back pocket than what is equipped for the side.
I took the time to tie my shoes double laced. Why wouldn't I, after all? I had the time, and it would save me from future misfortune of tripping on my shoelaces. (To be fair, the laces have yet to come untied.) With that, my routine was over. I left the house through the back door, as it happens to be situated closer to the destination I was destined to arrive at. (Believe it or not, that repetition was unintentional. I left it there as I found it almost laughable, and perhaps someone else would feel the same way)
------------
Though nothing of note happened throughout my chronicle, there was an even greater absence of notable moments on the journey to the bus. My story was also becoming quite lengthy, so I thought it appropriate to bring it to a close there.
tl;dr- I overcame various problems to make my morning coffee, and thought I would miss my bus when in reality this was not an issue.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Mundane events, told in detail.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 06:55:26 PM »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2550
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 07:44:56 PM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

realbasedgod112

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 09:45:29 PM »

i feel as if you may be mocking me

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »
This is the polar opposite of The Adventures of Stan. I love them both equally.

realbasedgod112

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »
I'm unaware of your aforementioned story, do tell me about it.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1122
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 02:43:09 PM »
If you drink instant coffee, you need to check this stuff out

https://www.amazon.com/TOWN-Classic-White-Coffee-Ounce/dp/B005JMOI20

Original or Hazelnut (in the green bag) are my go-tos. Super simple, no sugar or milk required because it's already in there. I buy it from the local halal market but it's readily available online.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 09:01:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm unaware of your aforementioned story, do tell me about it.

Oh, you sweet summer child...

Stan is our hero.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 09:12:04 PM »
realbasedgod112 is Mark Suciu confirmed.

That or the guy who wrote the jenkem 917 article.

realbasedgod112

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 10:51:51 PM »
realbasedgod112 is Mark Suciu confirmed.

That or the guy who wrote the jenkem 917 article.
while i did not write the article, i coincidentally recently reached out to jenkem about the possibility of employment in their company.
please comment in my favour, i could use the help.
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2022/02/14/collaborated-fuct-boards-clothes/

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 12:17:29 AM »
Very good. But must adapt to modern day attention spans. Three paragraphs max would be nice.

realbasedgod112

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 02:20:04 AM »
Very good. But must adapt to modern day attention spans. Three paragraphs max would be nice.
Lengthy though the story is, its length is its defining feature. To shorten it would be to take away its core feature, leaving it fundamentally dead.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 02:25:00 AM »
If that's the case. I look forward to your debut novel.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 03:31:31 AM »
This one time in band camp...

realbasedgod112

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 07:10:57 PM »
Hello SLAP. I will now begin my second instalment of my riveting series of indefinite length.

I had slept in for most, if not all of the morning. I can't quite remember the exact time I lit the match of productivity, but like all other matches, it burned out within seconds. Of course, I was in this 'productive' mindset for far longer than a few seconds, but comparing my lifespan to that of the world I am not too different to a matchstick.
Regardless, the fire burned bright. I felt as if I could do anything, or at least any fairly tedious yet simple task. And tedious tasks I completed. By God, I did. I emptied and packed the dishwasher, and swept the kitchen floor. I was far above the likes of my feckless acquaintances, I was a god in my productivity.
But every dog has his day, and it seems my day had come to an end. I grew bored of being useful, and quickly got to my inconsequential idle philosophising. Why should I clean the kitchen, when the once shining surfaces would be sullied by the next meal? And so I gave up.
I hung my head, and moseyed on out to the yard. Lying down by a young oak tree, I felt a deep disharmony with my situation. It seemed every day was just the same insignificant tasks, on and on until the next. Cycling through my go-to fixes to the problems of modern life, I eventually settled. Perhaps a change of scenery would help.
I walked further out into the trees, with the sun shining. On a different day this would have been pleasant, but it was overbearing if anything. Stupid fucking sun. Always so bright and warm, thinking you're hot shit. Nobody fucking cares about you, sun. Rancorous as I was, I did my best to take a deep breath and soak everything in.
Finding myself in a bare yet shaded patch of land that I deemed suitable for my rest, rest I did. I sat down and thought. Why am I so disdainful of everything? Why do I deserve life's endless calamity? Does life even deserve my wrath in return? The birds were singing their conversations and a plane passed overhead, interrupting my thought with its benign droning.
FIRE.
ANGER.
HATE.
PAIN.
A bull ant had fucking bitten me. Little fucker disappeared into its stupid fucking grass afterwards. Fucking stupid insect. Why did it sting me? What had I done to it except dare to exist in its oh-so-mighty presence? I was enraged. My leg burned. The pain was bearable, but the pain wasn't the problem. It seemed that the universe was set on torturing me today, with problems negligible but ever-increasing.
But then, a new wave of thought came over me. Why was I so mad? Nothing had even gone wrong, yet I was so blindly mad at whatever was in front of me. And so I left the ant. Just like any of us, it was trying to survive. While I might have gained some satisfaction from killing it, the time spent on the action would surely outweigh this gain. And there is no reason to be angry. All my problems were just unimportant little things, things that are barely tangible. I could shake my fist at the sun, but it would keep shining nonetheless. I could kill an ant, but another would take its place the next day.
So I returned to the house, my capricious brain giving life to a carefree smile. It was 2PM. How senseless is anger, how beautiful life? Such things could never be measured. And at 2PM, I realised something.

I was tired of fighting. Bleak as this sounds, it was a realisation made in high spirits. While I was tired of fighting, I didn't have to fight. Because life may be a struggle, but it isn't a fight at all. And in that moment, I had everything. Peace and tranquility in the face of adversity is perhaps the most vital quality you can maintain, and I would do just that.
-------------------
tl;dr: i did some tasks and went outside, where i got bitten by a bull ant. did some deep thinking along the way.