Author Topic: Cross Country US Trip (Southern Oregon to Miami)  (Read 378 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Cross Country US Trip (Southern Oregon to Miami)
« on: October 17, 2021, 11:29:41 PM »
Hey guys Im going to be driving down from Selma, Oregon all the way to Miami at the end of the month. The idea is to do it in a week and a half give or take  with the idea to be able to stop on some places to skate and shit. I have SF and New Orleans as places I really want stop by but am taking options, recommendations, suggestions  on cool spots/places/parks/skateshops to check out on the way. I'll be sleeping in my van so no problem with accommodations. Cheers Pals
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 04:19:14 PM by gsosa »

Sluggloaph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Cross Country US Trip (Southern Oregon to Miami)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
Sick. Never gone that way cross country. It'll be beautiful tho. Warm enough too. Watch out  driving in the mornings headed east, cuz if you drive between like I'd 7 and 9 ish am yer driving straight into the rising sun. Whatever tho, have a doap as trip, pal. Stay safe.
Whoa. Danger.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 09:35:10 AM »
If you can hit up Kansas City. Lot of good spots and places to eat.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 01:03:31 AM »
Sick. Never gone that way cross country. It'll be beautiful tho. Warm enough too. Watch out  driving in the mornings headed east, cuz if you drive between like I'd 7 and 9 ish am yer driving straight into the rising sun. Whatever tho, have a doap as trip, pal. Stay safe.
Thanks for the advice hadn't thought about that.

If you can hit up Kansas City. Lot of good spots and places to eat.
Don't thik I'll be passing through KC but, it's good to know for future trips!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 08:32:27 PM »
If you're driving to SF, I imagine you're taking 101 south? Stop off in Humboldt, particularly Arcata. Tons of people staying in vans all over. There's a cool shop in town called Ampt. Small, funky poured park in Arcata. Bigger poured park 15 minutes down the road in Eureka. If it's Friday-Monday, go over to Trinidad and get some coffee/brekkie at Beachcomber. Usually a pretty decent wait, but the food and coffee kick ass. I guess end of the month is now and it's raining like a motherfucker but if you make it down and I'm not crazy busy, drop me a DM and I'll say what up. 8)
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 12:17:44 PM »
If you're driving to SF, I imagine you're taking 101 south? Stop off in Humboldt, particularly Arcata. Tons of people staying in vans all over. There's a cool shop in town called Ampt. Small, funky poured park in Arcata. Bigger poured park 15 minutes down the road in Eureka. If it's Friday-Monday, go over to Trinidad and get some coffee/brekkie at Beachcomber. Usually a pretty decent wait, but the food and coffee kick ass. I guess end of the month is now and it's raining like a motherfucker but if you make it down and I'm not crazy busy, drop me a DM and I'll say what up. 8)
Thanks man, I'll check out Arcata for sure. I head out on Thursday so I'll definitely hit you up.

I plan on going to the Grand Canyon, San Antonio (to visit some family), New Orleans as of now. So if anyone has got other suggestions that follow that route (don't mind taking a detour if there is something cool) let a god know!

Shalom Peterson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
For florida, I suggest taking I-10, hitting Pensacola, Ft. Walton, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville, then take i75 south, hitting Gainesville and the Tampa Bay area (tons of grade a parks spread out), take i4 east to Orlando, then i95 south hitting Cocoa Beach, Daytona, West Palm, Ft. Laudy, & Miami. If you're making it all the way out to Miami, you might as well go four hours south to Key West and the most Southern Part of the Continental United States. Not much to skate in Key West, but it's a sight to see if you've never been.