Author Topic: SKATEGOAT: The movie  (Read 5814 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
Re: SKATEGOAT: The movie
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »

So...in this poster, is he on Mars or...something? Or a movie set trying to depict Mars? California desert, maybe? Is there any relevance between the background of this poster to the actual film? It's a bit confusing.

Also, Charlie Blair who rides for Powell had a piece come out some years back about the trials and tribulations he went through. It wasn't a movie, just an internet short. It was brief and to the point, and and overall valuable watch.

I'm not against discussing the issues you went through in order to succeed in life, but at this stage in one's life and career, does it really have to be to the scale of a full-length movie?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2021, 09:23:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So...in this poster, is he on Mars or...something? Or a movie set trying to depict Mars? California desert, maybe? Is there any relevance between the background of this poster to the actual film? It's a bit confusing.

Also, Charlie Blair who rides for Powell had a piece come out some years back about the trials and tribulations he went through. It wasn't a movie, just an internet short. It was brief and to the point, and and overall valuable watch.

I'm not against discussing the issues you went through in order to succeed in life, but at this stage in one's life and career, does it really have to be to the scale of a full-length movie?

I’m surprised they were able to squeeze it all into just one.  I figured he’d at least get a LotR type trilogy.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2021, 09:57:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

people are content hungry for anything nowadays...I wouldn't doubt some of us will end up watching it.

being an older black dude im always interested in stories like his.   

That one doc on Hulu with the skate kids who get abused by their parents was too deep for me, had to cut it off half way

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2021, 12:18:24 PM »
If I was making a skate movie, I'd hire Christian Slater to wear a Mcqueeb wig to look like 80's Hawk to do dramatic dialogue the same way Hawk was his action stand in for Gleaming the Cube.

quackquack

• Rep: -405
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2021, 01:05:38 PM »
It's actually going to be a 10 minute short, not a full-length feature.

I guess there was a typo.
Oh, the places you'll go.