Author Topic: Monarch Project  (Read 12802 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: Monarch Project
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2021, 08:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
if you can find me an accuser i’ll be more than happy to change 0 to 1- still a lot less than the side of the industry still reissuing gator boards
[close]
It’s not my job to find accusers. My job is to show up on these bloards, post stupid thoughts, & be an irritating dipshit.
Clearly, my work here is done, good sir, or madam; I shall now take my leave.  ;)

are you okay

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2021, 08:44:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if you can find me an accuser i’ll be more than happy to change 0 to 1- still a lot less than the side of the industry still reissuing gator boards
[close]
It’s not my job to find accusers. My job is to show up on these bloards, post stupid thoughts, & be an irritating dipshit.
Clearly, my work here is done, good sir, or madam; I shall now take my leave.  ;)
[close]

are you okay
I mean, what do YOU think?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

yatallfreak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »
Gary Rogers mentioned Leticia and Sky Brown being on some website for a company called Monarch Project (another shitty company name IMO). I just did a quick bit of Googling and found that the brand is registered as being owned by Highline Industries Corporation, which seems to owned by Bravo Sports. According to Bravo's website, "Highline Industries is a manufacturer of higher-end Skateboards and Helmets." Highline seems to own Sector9, Protec, Nutcase Helmets and Sixsixone Protection (whoever the fuck they are).

The trademark for Monarch Project covers "skateboards; skateboard decks; skateboard wheels; skateboard trucks; ball bearings for skateboards; skateboard grip tape; skateboard bags; skateboarding gloves; protective padding for skateboarding; athletic protective knee pads for skateboarding; athletic protective elbow pads for skateboarding; athletic protective arm pads for skateboarding; athletic protective wrist pads for skateboarding."

Kinda weird that this new brand is under Highline when Bravo also owns Dwindle. I guess the guys over at Dwindle didn't want any part of this so its with the helmets and longboards.

Do you Pals think this is being set up to cash-in on the Olympics?

Highline Industries owns Dwindle Distribution now, got multiple emails about the acquisition

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -135
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2021, 12:16:20 PM »
get it guurrrl, this is tight, I wonder if there will ever be an all girl truck or wheel team, and yes I remember gallaz
big texas cummer

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2021, 06:19:52 AM »

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »

Honestly, not the worst board graphics I've seen (look at the worst board graphics thread for that). Plus, it'll be perfect for the kids who watch the olympics and want a pro board. It's non-offensive which was probably the goal.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2021, 06:56:08 AM »

What vibes are these graphics giving off?

A liquor brand?

Cant place it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2021, 07:37:35 AM »
Leticia’s is defs giving off condom box vibes!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2021, 09:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, not the worst board graphics I've seen (look at the worst board graphics thread for that). Plus, it'll be perfect for the kids who watch the olympics and want a pro board. It's non-offensive which was probably the goal.

Are you fucking kidding me? That looks like a Powell  Flight deck from Wish, and the Flight decks already look like shit. Off to a good start…

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Kaiju Foster

• Rep: 18
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What vibes are these graphics giving off?

A liquor brand?

Cant place it

Looks like some kind of shitty, ripoff car brand logo to me.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2021, 09:25:31 AM »

I love how leticia is gold and sky silver, even though leticia is not even close to the skill level of a bunch of 13 year olds and sky absolutely rips.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2021, 09:26:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Are you fucking kidding me? That looks like a Powell  Flight deck from Wish, and the Flight decks already look like shit. Off to a good start…

Again, it's probably not for 30 year old dudes. I imagine it will do well with the target market - kids.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2021, 09:38:22 AM »
What distinguishes a board brand as being a "project"? Unless they're trying some super experimental shit it just sounds a little contrived.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »
I’m just glad they didn’t print up a bunch of hot pink boards with Disney princesses on them like I was expecting. Yeah they’re basic graphics but they’re not BASIC graphics

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
It'd be neat if they got like Margie, Nishimura, and Roos, and just be like Plan B but women.

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2021, 10:22:06 AM »
It'd be neat if they got like Margie, Nishimura, and Roos, and just be like Plan B but women.

I hope that Margie and Roos get hooked up in the states, hopefully not by Leticias brand. I don’t see Nishimura leaving Deathwish but maybe she isn’t fully on, I assume they must pay her something since she’s in the new THPS
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

skegleg

• Rep: -1
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2021, 03:30:07 PM »
Dear slap gatekeepers, do you think if I skate a Monarch board as a 39 year old man it might actually come off as super ironic and actually be cool?  What style would match it best to round out the setup?  If I dress current, I might just look like a dweeb reliving my 90s youth, so I'm thinking joggers and robes like Nyjah, but then it might blur the irony of the board choice.  Please respond.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »

The only thing this conclusively proves to me is that LeBufo did NOT leave Plan B because she was fed-up/dissatisfied with their garbage graphics.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2021, 06:19:59 AM »
Dear slap gatekeepers, do you think if I skate a Monarch board as a 39 year old man it might actually come off as super ironic and actually be cool?  What style would match it best to round out the setup?  If I dress current, I might just look like a dweeb reliving my 90s youth, so I'm thinking joggers and robes like Nyjah, but then it might blur the irony of the board choice.  Please respond.

you're 39 and still skate?? grow the fuck up man

Jk, I think it'd be amazing, keep the robes and throw in some leggings (without shorts)...

Ghost Face

• Rep: 104
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2021, 01:03:49 AM »
Why did I think This would be a girls only project? Photo 8

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR-vymVrb_m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

ugh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »
It is odd that the photos of the two riders are so underexposed on purpose, to portray them so 'dark'. That and the Horus reference seems bizarre. There's absolutely no info about what Monarch Project is. The promo video for Sky's lyrics don't seem to portray the bright/positive image she has been known for up to this point. Next up, leopard prints for both gals! There isn't even an About section to their site.

anon

• Rep: 54
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2021, 02:56:30 PM »