Author Topic: Seems like Wenning has lost it again.  (Read 31495 times)

Paul Cicero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -287
Re: Seems like Wenning has lost it again.
« Reply #330 on: November 06, 2021, 05:10:47 PM »
200k as a union carpenter on movie sets?  What the fuck did he build, the Millennium Falcon?

HAHA - It does seem outrageous.. To be honest, it also seems undeserving if he actually did get to walk into a gig like that. But hey, i’m sure he will find a way to not turn up to work but it still be everyone else’s fault he got the boot.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #331 on: November 06, 2021, 05:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well now that we know what Wenning’s been up to and where he’s headed, can we focus on how Pops has been making a living and how he got himself into a seemingly dope big house in the forest?
[close]

I speculate arson.
[close]

Someone, possibly Dill, said he’d got into some crazy union job in NYC, making big money, like 200-300k, if memory serves.
[close]

I think Bill Strobeck talked about it in an interview

Yeah, I think it was his Mission Statement interview, honestly don't feel like picking through it though. He said that he's pretty sure Pappalardo is making a six-figure salary, I don't believe there were numbers mentioned.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #332 on: November 06, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »
Expand Quote
200k as a union carpenter on movie sets?  What the fuck did he build, the Millennium Falcon?
[close]

HAHA - It does seem outrageous.. To be honest, it also seems undeserving if he actually did get to walk into a gig like that. But hey, i’m sure he will find a way to not turn up to work but it still be everyone else’s fault he got the boot.
$200k is most likely a stretch as a carpenter unless he’s somehow working 7 days a week without ever taking a day off, or a construction coordinator with a lot of rental equipment. People walk in off the streets without a formal education and receive on the job training often enough. It’s very much a personal connections-based industry. My source is that I’m in the same union
fuck you bama

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #333 on: November 07, 2021, 01:39:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I watched that gif about 5 minutes.my girlfriend asked me if everything is fine.i said yes and showed her the gif.her response was:oh great a nollie backside something! :-X

What ever i said about wenning earlier...that’s the best nosegrind ever!

[close]
pretty sure it’s fake, when he goes behind the pole it switches to a cardboard cutout or something
[close]

His style in that whole part is incredible.  The way he whips around the flatground nollie 180 at 1:46 is what I’m picturing myself doing every time I do that trick but I am certainly not coming close

I love this nosegrind but I think not showing his upper body and especially arms makes It seem even better.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #334 on: November 07, 2021, 09:13:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
I watched that gif about 5 minutes.my girlfriend asked me if everything is fine.i said yes and showed her the gif.her response was:oh great a nollie backside something! :-X

What ever i said about wenning earlier...that’s the best nosegrind ever!

[close]
pretty sure it’s fake, when he goes behind the pole it switches to a cardboard cutout or something
[close]

His style in that whole part is incredible.  The way he whips around the flatground nollie 180 at 1:46 is what I’m picturing myself doing every time I do that trick but I am certainly not coming close
[close]

I love this nosegrind but I think not showing his upper body and especially arms makes It seem even better.

T’was a simpler time, as we did not know Strobeck would continue this filming style ad nauseam.

BillTetley

• Rep: 14
« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2021, 02:01:32 PM »
Someone should find his accountant and steal his tax returns so we can more accurately count his pockets

HAHAHA side note it would not be hard to earn 200k as a union carpenter in NYC. A lot of those jobs compensate based on a geographical rate or prevailing wage or some shit like that, a journeyman can easily make $60 to $100 per hour. And that is based on what I know with my brother being a union carpenter in Philly. NYC is an entirely different animal. If he is reliable and skilled, showing face at the union hall could keep him aware of upcoming jobs which can set him up to have little or no downtime between the assignments.

Good for him I hope he is doing well. Those lil benches were pretty cool and honestly something hand made by someone with name recognition that is relatively easy to ship, I always thought that was a smart business plan.

Bryanferry

• Rep: -43
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2022, 07:14:02 AM »
Yikes

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2022, 07:20:45 AM »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #338 on: June 08, 2022, 08:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually not outrageous at all. You can easily make over 200k a year in the IATSE in New York.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #339 on: June 08, 2022, 10:20:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Actually not outrageous at all. You can easily make over 200k a year in the IATSE in New York.

He might even make more annually doing that than he did with a pro model shoe on Converse.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion