Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 69626 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2021, 08:39:26 AM »
Helicoil idea is pretty great. At work I sometimes have to do helicoils if threads break in a tapped hole and it sucks. But the helicoils are typically stronger than the aluminum threads. Or that seems to be the case for me. Long story short this makes me think royal is actually making moves where ace talked a big game and basically issued the same truck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2021, 10:21:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm going to answer your criticisms in 1 post Xen, then stop polluting.

• 1. Mini Logo? Are you serious? That's setting the bar pretty fucking low.
    2. I do not understand why you keep bringing what I ride into this thread. I am not comparing Royals to Mids. You seem to just want to bring up what I'm currently riding to discredit my personal opinion, which I've said is just based on appearances.
    3. Mids also bring the wheelbase in 6mm. They have a more Indy-like pop feel than forged plates. This was by design. They replace lows and have more kingpin clearance. In order to actually turn like standards they use taller bushings and the IKP does have more clearance than a standard nut. I don't know why Ben Degros and Slap thought they would be a miracle truck in that regard. Again, I am not comparing Royals to Mids.
    4. I compare all trucks to the big 3. Ace has had so many QC issues that I view them with skepticism.
    5. I am loosely familiar with the various aluminum alloys out there as well as what they tend to look like after casting after apprenticing at a forgery. The big 3 all have much better raw finishes and this looks exactly like alloys that use tin and zinc. They are usually fairly light, but also brittle. These alloys are commonly used in shoddy aluminum products often from China, so no surprise there.
    6. I've said like a dozen times I don't want to see them fail, but I am viewing them with skepticism since their company has a long history of shitty products and cutting corners. How long did Crail have wood that was literally among the worst in skateboarding? Royals were the worst of the worst for 2 decades. So from that end they're the ones that have something to prove and I will remain skeptical until they do.
    7. It is really easy to see how bad their QC is from your pictures. The lip of the nut sleeve isn't even flush with the base plate. From the underside photo of the nut you can see that they have an excess alloy lip on the inner part of the base plate hole. This suggests some sloppy casting. I am looking at a pair of cast plate Ventures, Thunders, and Aces and none of them have lips from casting. On the right side of the photo you can see how the edge of the base plate relief groove isn't even straight.
    8. Can you take your set of Mids as well as other trucks, set them flat on a table, place a bubble level on the axle and then use a MM rule or calipers to measure kingpin clearance? I have and my Mids have better clearance than Thunders and I wonder how Royal managed to get the best clearance supposedly for this height with standard sized bushings. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all in 1mm or so of one another. I think Slap just likes to parrot Ben Degros because there isn't a single Mid rider that I have met or seen that has significant scratches on their kingpin on the sides. If I measure from the top of the hanger to the side of the dome it actually has the same clearance as my forged hollows.

[close]
oh man oh man i’m about to bring out my inner quantum bearing science thread energy if it keeps going like this
[close]

I'm just egging him on now (guess the meme helped). I should stop, just look at the tone of his last post, he wants to be right so badly he's challenging me to a caliper dual over the interwebs - I honestly don't give a shit what he thinks, and it's already taking too much effort..

I will say two things to the above post, yes, crail wood sucked forever but it doesn't anymore...hence giving them the benefit of the doubt...why? Because I like skate shit. The other, yeah, we all know the M-indy IKP clearance is shit if it's within 1mm of forged hollows, hell they had to bolster the hanger just to get it within that 1mm hanger..why did they even bother (I'm serious because I wanted them them to be great)? I'll be back on a few days to a week with detailed impressions.

The worst part, if they do suck, we then have to listen to him saying I told you so from his computer chair throne of vindication and then shaking his fist yelling "I TOLD YOU ROUGH CASTING WAS BAD!"
[close]
hold your horses buddy! i’m not with you. i’m on the other guys side. so you think you’re the certified slap truck alloy/molding/whatever expert because you were an apprentice? well, listen here, you condescending twat. i have you know unlike an apprentice (you), i am a master of all things metal (also not you). so i think its fair to say fuck you because you obviously know less about this subject matter than me.

the royals in those pics honestly looked wonky. wtf was that pivot cup. other than that, i’d be down to give em a shot if i didnt just order some thunders. thats all i’m gonna say about them. fuck you lebowski. royals for life (i have never ridden royals). fuck what you ride (also ur gay)
[close]

Haha, jesus christ. Xen jumping to his own rescue yet again

It’s not dude but think whatever you want…fwiw I’ve always believed your account is an alt.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »
Helicoil idea is pretty great. At work I sometimes have to do helicoils if threads break in a tapped hole and it sucks. But the helicoils are typically stronger than the aluminum threads. Or that seems to be the case for me. Long story short this makes me think royal is actually making moves where ace talked a big game and basically issued the same truck.

Honestly it’s crazy that skateboard trucks have evolved so little. Inverted kingpins with a threaded baseplate offer so many advantages and so few downsides, it’s insane that it took fucking ROYAL trucks to do this.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2021, 10:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly it’s crazy that skateboard trucks have evolved so little. Inverted kingpins with a threaded baseplate offer so many advantages and so few downsides, it’s insane that it took fucking ROYAL trucks to do this.

Expand Quote
No idea, I was hoping for a fixed hex hole like the Indy or film plates, that's piece of mind to me. As it is, I have no idea (and we never will unless someone cuts this fucker open) how they have it attached, but from just looking at them, I can't visibly see a 'seam' to where a standalone nut would meet the plug in the plate, it actually looks like a solid milled piece, this is the best I can get right now:

I honestly can't see a seam (pics don't do it justice), it just looks like one straight piece right up to the nylock.

I'm curious of the extra threading and if it might cause snappage, even tho it's threaded all the way/deep unlike Indy or Krux pins...what I do like about this amount of threading is I know it's still 'in there' even if I were to back out of the nylon of the nut, sure it would come way loose and probably snap off, but I don't feel like it would just fall out (I always have this fear since I ride loose, and have had it happen once with krux pins)...part of the IKP-life I guess.

To be clear, I am not saying they are best fucking thing out there, or better than XXX brand, or anything, because I haven't put them through the ringer yet. They could suck/break in the first week, baseplates could snap on the first slappy (tho they lasted through a few under 144p) I have no idea, and neither do you.
[close]

Woah, it looks like they Helicoil-ed the baseplates? That's pretty labor-intensive. Some people have issues with inverted kingpins on cast baseplates reaming out the hole. After lots of abuse, they develop play. Maybe this will prevent that? Pretty cool design if it works!

If this is Helicoil-ed, how is that different than what Indy did (credit where credit is due)? Besides the different plate shape (hex) it looks like the same style of engineering to me?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2021, 11:05:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No idea, I was hoping for a fixed hex hole like the Indy or film plates, that's piece of mind to me. As it is, I have no idea (and we never will unless someone cuts this fucker open) how they have it attached, but from just looking at them, I can't visibly see a 'seam' to where a standalone nut would meet the plug in the plate, it actually looks like a solid milled piece, this is the best I can get right now:

I honestly can't see a seam (pics don't do it justice), it just looks like one straight piece right up to the nylock.

I'm curious of the extra threading and if it might cause snappage, even tho it's threaded all the way/deep unlike Indy or Krux pins...what I do like about this amount of threading is I know it's still 'in there' even if I were to back out of the nylon of the nut, sure it would come way loose and probably snap off, but I don't feel like it would just fall out (I always have this fear since I ride loose, and have had it happen once with krux pins)...part of the IKP-life I guess.

To be clear, I am not saying they are best fucking thing out there, or better than XXX brand, or anything, because I haven't put them through the ringer yet. They could suck/break in the first week, baseplates could snap on the first slappy (tho they lasted through a few under 144p) I have no idea, and neither do you.
[close]

Woah, it looks like they Helicoil-ed the baseplates? That's pretty labor-intensive. Some people have issues with inverted kingpins on cast baseplates reaming out the hole. After lots of abuse, they develop play. Maybe this will prevent that? Pretty cool design if it works!
[close]

If this is Helicoil-ed, how is that different than what Indy did (credit where credit is due)? Besides the different plate shape (hex) it looks like the same style of engineering to me?

i'm assuming the other option is just 'gluing' a part in? for comparison to the royals previously posted, i found these indy pics thru google, thanks @Xen lol
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My local shop has been good in ordering in stuff for me, they'd never carry that truck....I bet at least 50% of skaters just buy Raws.....this new design would make a broken kingpin easier no?
[close]

Yeah, you could swap out a kingpin in minutes and you don't need a hammer.
[close]

Not sure...if you snap the pin, how do you get the broken part out of the sleeve? I guess you can just bang out the whole thing and then cram it back in...but...until they start selling them separately we're all fucked as you can't put a regular pin in those plates...the normal way, you'd have to just buy the krux pin.

If you're a pin breaker these are def now for you.
[close]

I guess I'm missing something. You posted a picture of the bottom of the baseplate with a nut in it, exactly like krux does it. I guess the nut is built in then? My bad.
[close]

It's a sleeve, just look at the top of the base plate; it appears that the nut is attached to this sleeve(? I have no way to tell and don't feel like banging it out and fucking up the truck); nut doesn't spin and it doesn't fall out when you dismantle it.

Good luck A) getting it out and B) getting it into another plate, not gonna happen. It's in there tight, doesn't fall out/zero wiggle. Got to admit it's nice to have a baseplate that works with no risk of the nut falling out (no clue how film does it)

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=106832.msg3353649#msg3353649

edit: and what a helicoil is

bonus edit: fixed this incomprehensible response,
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:09:43 PM by iw0 »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2021, 11:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I guess it's not. I don't know how Mids work, I haven't actually seen one disassembled. Pleased to know that there are multiple options for this.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2021, 12:18:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

G&S did it in 1990.  I still have mine.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

i'm assuming the other option is just 'gluing' a part in? for comparison to the royals previously posted, i found these indy pics thru google, thanks @Xen lol
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My local shop has been good in ordering in stuff for me, they'd never carry that truck....I bet at least 50% of skaters just buy Raws.....this new design would make a broken kingpin easier no?
[close]

Yeah, you could swap out a kingpin in minutes and you don't need a hammer.
[close]

Not sure...if you snap the pin, how do you get the broken part out of the sleeve? I guess you can just bang out the whole thing and then cram it back in...but...until they start selling them separately we're all fucked as you can't put a regular pin in those plates...the normal way, you'd have to just buy the krux pin.

If you're a pin breaker these are def now for you.
[close]

I guess I'm missing something. You posted a picture of the bottom of the baseplate with a nut in it, exactly like krux does it. I guess the nut is built in then? My bad.
[close]

It's a sleeve, just look at the top of the base plate; it appears that the nut is attached to this sleeve(? I have no way to tell and don't feel like banging it out and fucking up the truck); nut doesn't spin and it doesn't fall out when you dismantle it.

Good luck A) getting it out and B) getting it into another plate, not gonna happen. It's in there tight, doesn't fall out/zero wiggle. Got to admit it's nice to have a baseplate that works with no risk of the nut falling out (no clue how film does it)

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=106832.msg3353649#msg3353649
[close]

edit: and what a helicoil is

bonus edit: fixed this incomprehensible response,

With both companies plates, I am curious if the hex nut is just glued on? Surely they didn't machine one piece with a hex nut on the end and drip some nylon there?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »
same here & there's this indy video where they breakdown their ikp, but seeing as it's a render it's not exactly proof of anything. it does look like it's a sleeve like stated before, but maybe it's helicoiled inside and threaded on the outside (into the baseplate) which is why the baseplate locks around it so snugly?
https://youtu.be/dEaWiWMZxS4?t=18

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2021, 02:36:31 PM »
It is probably a pressed in part.  You couldn’t thread it In like a helicoil because of the nut end on it.
Pressed in would work well though because the hex end keeps it from spinning.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2021, 02:40:54 PM »
It is probably a pressed in part.  You couldn’t thread it In like a helicoil because of the nut end on it.
Pressed in would work well though because the hex end keeps it from spinning.

hey good point; egg on my face eh

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »
Is the K5 plate like this as well?

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2021, 05:47:24 PM »
I would be down to try a pair of Royals if they made an 8.5 truck. Seems like 8.25 is the biggest they make.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2021, 06:13:45 PM »
I would be down to try a pair of Royals if they made an 8.5 truck. Seems like 8.25 is the biggest they make.

They make an 8.5 and a 8.75 in these new updated ones they just released

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2021, 06:36:55 PM »
same here & there's this indy video where they breakdown their ikp, but seeing as it's a render it's not exactly proof of anything. it does look like it's a sleeve like stated before, but maybe it's helicoiled inside and threaded on the outside (into the baseplate) which is why the baseplate locks around it so snugly?

That rendering shows a knurled nut, so it's presumably pressed into place exactly as they do with a kingpin.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That rendering shows a knurled nut, so it's presumably pressed into place exactly as they do with a kingpin.

cool, i knew someone might pick up on something in that video
thanks to everyone for bearing with me as i'm no expert in metal manufacturing.

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Rep: -6
  • Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2021, 03:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

2. I do not understand why you keep bringing what I ride into this thread. I am not comparing Royals to Mids. You seem to just want to bring up what I'm currently riding to discredit my personal opinion, which I've said is just based on appearances.
    3. Mids also bring the wheelbase in 6mm. They have a more Indy-like pop feel than forged plates. This was by design. They replace lows and have more kingpin clearance. In order to actually turn like standards they use taller bushings and the IKP does have more clearance than a standard nut. I don't know why Ben Degros and Slap thought they would be a miracle truck in that regard. Again, I am not comparing Royals to Mids.
    4. I compare all trucks to the big 3. Ace has had so many QC issues that I view them with skepticism.
    5. I am loosely familiar with the various aluminum alloys out there as well as what they tend to look like after casting after apprenticing at a forgery. The big 3 all have much better raw finishes and this looks exactly like alloys that use tin and zinc. They are usually fairly light, but also brittle. These alloys are commonly used in shoddy aluminum products often from China, so no surprise there.
    6. I've said like a dozen times I don't want to see them fail, but I am viewing them with skepticism since their company has a long history of shitty products and cutting corners. How long did Crail have wood that was literally among the worst in skateboarding? Royals were the worst of the worst for 2 decades. So from that end they're the ones that have something to prove and I will remain skeptical until they do.
    7. It is really easy to see how bad their QC is from your pictures. The lip of the nut sleeve isn't even flush with the base plate. From the underside photo of the nut you can see that they have an excess alloy lip on the inner part of the base plate hole. This suggests some sloppy casting. I am looking at a pair of cast plate Ventures, Thunders, and Aces and none of them have lips from casting. On the right side of the photo you can see how the edge of the base plate relief groove isn't even straight.
    8. Can you take your set of Mids as well as other trucks, set them flat on a table, place a bubble level on the axle and then use a MM rule or calipers to measure kingpin clearance? I have and my Mids have better clearance than Thunders and I wonder how Royal managed to get the best clearance supposedly for this height with standard sized bushings. I wouldn't be surprised if they were all in 1mm or so of one another. I think Slap just likes to parrot Ben Degros because there isn't a single Mid rider that I have met or seen that has significant scratches on their kingpin on the sides. If I measure from the top of the hanger to the side of the dome it actually has the same clearance as my forged hollows.

[close]
oh man oh man i’m about to bring out my inner quantum bearing science thread energy if it keeps going like this
[close]

I'm just egging him on now (guess the meme helped). I should stop, just look at the tone of his last post, he wants to be right so badly he's challenging me to a caliper dual over the interwebs - I honestly don't give a shit what he thinks, and it's already taking too much effort..

I will say two things to the above post, yes, crail wood sucked forever but it doesn't anymore...hence giving them the benefit of the doubt...why? Because I like skate shit. The other, yeah, we all know the M-indy IKP clearance is shit if it's within 1mm of forged hollows, hell they had to bolster the hanger just to get it within that 1mm hanger..why did they even bother (I'm serious because I wanted them them to be great)? I'll be back on a few days to a week with detailed impressions.

The worst part, if they do suck, we then have to listen to him saying I told you so from his computer chair throne of vindication and then shaking his fist yelling "I TOLD YOU ROUGH CASTING WAS BAD!"
[close]
hold your horses buddy! i’m not with you. i’m on the other guys side. so you think you’re the certified slap truck alloy/molding/whatever expert because you were an apprentice? well, listen here, you condescending twat. i have you know unlike an apprentice (you), i am a master of all things metal (also not you). so i think its fair to say fuck you because you obviously know less about this subject matter than me.

the royals in those pics honestly looked wonky. wtf was that pivot cup. other than that, i’d be down to give em a shot if i didnt just order some thunders. thats all i’m gonna say about them. fuck you lebowski. royals for life (i have never ridden royals). fuck what you ride (also ur gay)
[close]

[close]

It’s not dude but think whatever you want…fwiw I’ve always believed your account is an alt.

You only believe that because you're so used to using alts in forum fights that you think everyone else must do it too.

Hmm another account a couple months old, has already accumulated hundreds of posts in gear forum (like you), talks like a weird insecure boomer, and always jumping to someones defense it seems

You are so desperate for approval and attention, it's hard to believe you're +40. The way you went off on that dude in the loose pants thread for calling your pants not loose. Wow dude. When people recently shit on your beloved hard-as-fuck red indy bushings you've been raving about for over a year, you quietly switched off them within a week and posted about it so everyone doesn't know you ride tight-as-fuck trucks. Btw, sleeved bottom washer is garbage, completely preloads the bushing before you even step on the board so it won't fully turn anymore. Makes your "soft" barrel twice as stiff. Even DH longboarders shit on those $20  vanity washers, man. They're only useful for fatasses who love tight trucks but won't admit it
I'll give you one thing, you got half your name right.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2021, 06:08:01 AM »

Yo PAFF I hope you post some gear related stuff in the 7.75 thread. Liked some of your theories, on gear

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2021, 08:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You only believe that because you're so used to using alts in forum fights that you think everyone else must do it too.

Hmm another account a couple months old, has already accumulated hundreds of posts in gear forum (like you), talks like a weird insecure boomer, and always jumping to someones defense it seems

You are so desperate for approval and attention, it's hard to believe you're +40. The way you went off on that dude in the loose pants thread for calling your pants not loose. Wow dude. When people recently shit on your beloved hard-as-fuck red indy bushings you've been raving about for over a year, you quietly switched off them within a week and posted about it so everyone doesn't know you ride tight-as-fuck trucks. Btw, sleeved bottom washer is garbage, completely preloads the bushing before you even step on the board so it won't fully turn anymore. Makes your "soft" barrel twice as stiff. Even DH longboarders shit on those $20  vanity washers, man. They're only useful for fatasses who love tight trucks but won't admit it

Everything in this post is paranoid insanity. No one should be taking a skateboarding forum this seriously.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »
It’s the same design as Indy but what Royal did which might be smarter/more cost effective is use the same baseplate for both trucks. It could be marginally less secure but I doubt it. So, I eat my original words on what I had thought they had done.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2021, 10:11:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Everything in this post is paranoid insanity. No one should be taking a skateboarding forum this seriously.

I shouldn’t find this entertaining, this negativity, and the entertainment ‘value’ quickly wanes, buuuuuut

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2021, 12:06:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey congrats on almost hitting 1200 posts. Sorry I take your forum too seriously

Xen does this all the time. See my sig for another example

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2021, 01:16:40 PM »
It’s the same design as Indy but what Royal did which might be smarter/more cost effective is use the same baseplate for both trucks. It could be marginally less secure but I doubt it. So, I eat my original words on what I had thought they had done.

@144p

Was your standard pair like IKP plates?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2021, 01:22:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

lol, this guy is in such an uproar he’s having paranoid delusions about forum posts making up conspiracies..pretty sure we know who needs attention…actually, it’s one of my apparently numerous alt accounts to confuse the rest of you, prove me wrong.

Honestly, I post too much as it is to have more than one account, that would eat up way too much time.

Bummer, I’ve got sigs off. Thanks for being a fan tho, I appreciate you.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 04:45:07 PM by Xen »

Post A Fit Fuccboi

• Dog Drug Connoisseur
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2021, 04:57:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I shouldn’t find this entertaining, this negativity, and the entertainment ‘value’ quickly wanes, buuuuuut

Don't apologize; I get the same weird pleasure watching a bully eat his own medicine

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »
Btw, sleeved bottom washer is garbage, completely preloads the bushing before you even step on the board so it won't fully turn anymore. Makes your "soft" barrel twice as stiff. Even DH longboarders shit on those $20  vanity washers, man. They're only useful for fatasses who love tight trucks but won't admit it

I thought longboarders disliked sleeved bushing cups because they snap back to center. Longboarders want deep carves. Wouldn't sleeved bushing cups be great for street skating on twitchy trucks like Thunders though? And aren't all bushings with a tightened nut basically preloaded? I'm confused by what you're saying, it sounds like you're talking about suspension bushings in vehicles, not skateboards.

Also, I'm fairly confident those accounts aren't Xens, pretty sure they argued with each other before over Tensors. Not to mention Banging talked about being gay in a small town, and al_cvbrera just got banned for being homophobic.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »
Well I’ve had about enough of this, let’s get back to the trucks eh?

I actually liked the last version, the 4s, but never measured them. I thought they were listed at something odd like 50.5. Which is in my wheelhouse. 52 makes more sense for the current trends, almost everyone is skating bigger wheels. I remember someone, (maybe Carroll?) saying that the royals were made to be a better Venture, and that would make sense, as all of the og’s were venture dudes.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2021, 05:44:45 AM »
What size Allen key will I need to tighten
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: November 09, 2021, 07:38:54 AM »
If it’s 5.5mm as suggested, then a 7/32 Allen is only 1/64” difference. Knowing this, I bought this tool for adjusting my Kreeper and Krux kingpins. I’ve got the Krux one that came worth the kingpin but it absolutely sucks compared to a “real” tool.

Klein Tools JTH6E12 7/32-Inch Hex Key with Journeyman T-Handle, 6-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004N5WH4U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DRJEGR3VX2Q10YM3DWR7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1