Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 69509 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Shuh

• Rep: 3
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #241 on: November 09, 2021, 09:03:58 PM »
New Royal part by VA coming 11.11 cant wait, this might be like Bobbys Venture part

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #242 on: November 09, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »

Thanks dog

I presume one doesn't come with trucks ha

It took Royal more than a decade to come out with a decent truck, we're going to need a few more years before they release the allen key tool.

The inverted kingpin doesn't look like a full button nut like Krux, so a regular hex head skate tool should do the trick too. Kind of like Ruckus trucks (remember those!) from the 2000s.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:58:14 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
About 5 sessions deep and I’m still skating them. They aren’t loose and they feel like a tight truck but they turn. It’s weird.
Grind feel is great, I can wheelbite them standing still but not skating. This is the longest I’ve made it with a different truck setup since I switched to Aces years ago…
Just throwing it out there.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 996
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »

It took Royal more than a decade to come out with a decent truck, we're going to need a few more years before they release the allen key tool.

The inverted kingpin doesn't look like a full button nut like Krux, so a regular hex head skate tool should do the trick too. Kind of like Ruckus trucks (remember those!) from the 2000s.

While not opposed to it being bundled (indy and krux don't with the trucks); with the standard shaped head, regular skate tools work fine (I carry the Sk8ology carabiner with me on a pant loop); I was always worried about losing the krux key when I brought it with me.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2021, 03:22:03 PM »
About 5 sessions deep and I’m still skating them. They aren’t loose and they feel like a tight truck but they turn. It’s weird.
Grind feel is great, I can wheelbite them standing still but not skating. This is the longest I’ve made it with a different truck setup since I switched to Aces years ago…

What wheelbase deck are you skating?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

GumOnMyGrip

« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2021, 04:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What wheelbase deck are you skating?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2021, 06:45:19 PM »

By all accounts I'm riding them tighter than I would with other trucks...and now the 'wobble' to get on center is gone and I can still swerve/carve just fine; and while I still wheelbite, it's nowhere near like it is for me on Thunder or Venture. I'm about 8 sessions deep now (70/30 on a 14.375"/14.25"WB), and like you, I don't feel the itch to swap, and they're still stock.

Not saying they're the end all be all or best for any of you, but it's nice to not have to sweat anything when riding as they hit all my needs. Not even sure I'd bite on hollow hangers...with that out of they way I can safely focus my OCD towards decks again.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: November 10, 2021, 07:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

By all accounts I'm riding them tighter than I would with other trucks...and now the 'wobble' to get on center is gone and I can still swerve/carve just fine; and while I still wheelbite, it's nowhere near like it is for me on Thunder or Venture. I'm about 8 sessions deep now (70/30 on a 14.375"/14.25"WB), and like you, I don't feel the itch to swap, and they're still stock.

Not saying they're the end all be all or best for any of you, but it's nice to not have to sweat anything when riding as they hit all my needs. Not even sure I'd bite on hollow hangers...with that out of they way I can safely focus my OCD towards decks again.

Great, I can feel the money loosening from my wallet.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #249 on: November 10, 2021, 10:33:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same I have a set in my cart right now... So tempted

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2021, 10:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Black Friday is coming up, if you aren't hard up for them just wait it out and save the few dollars.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GumOnMyGrip

« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2021, 07:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Black Friday is coming up, if you aren't hard up for them just wait it out and save the few dollars.

This^^^^ sales are coming up^^^^

Edit- just to add, since there are so many variables in trucks ( rider weight, concave, WB, tightness preferences,wheel size etc…) these probably aren’t ever going to be loose and carvey like an ACE, but they will carve minus the loose part. They also won’t be for everyone. They remind me of Theeves more than anything. It took me only 1/2 session and one carve slam to get used to them.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 08:00:25 AM by GumOnMyGrip »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2021, 08:08:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This^^^^ sales are coming up^^^^

Edit- just to add, since there are so many variables in trucks ( rider weight, concave, WB, tightness preferences,wheel size etc…) these probably aren’t ever going to be loose and carvey like an ACE, but they will carve minus the loose part. They also won’t be for everyone. They remind me of Theeves more than anything. It took me only 1/2 session and one carve slam to get used to them.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Good advice (even tho I just bought shit I wasn't hard up for ;) )

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2021, 08:14:07 AM »
Maybe I'm trippin', but 2 sessions in on 149's (ikp) and I get pure Venture vibes on the turn. No twitch whatsoever, fairly broad. Although, unlike Venture they don't get hard at the end of the turn, it's pretty consistent until wheel bite (so maybe a bit of an Ace "feel" to the tilt). They can get super loose if you want them to. Bushing are weird in that they feel hard to the touch but skate soft, I ride medium-loose, will be interesting to see how they break in.

I got +3.0" wheel base at 360 grams, (kinda bummed they weren't 350).

Tried to measure height of all 4 axles and got 50, 52, 51, 51.

Edit: got +3.125 on a new board, don't listen to me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:39:27 AM by Beeker »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2021, 11:45:07 AM »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
Forgot it was Vet's day (here's to all of you vet's out there) and the DMV was closed, so here's a shitty clip for ya...apologies for the speed, and lack of shirt, this was right after the gym and first try :P Not captured: B/S 50-50 impossible out (it was also sloppy and gross).

The royals are still doing me right.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2021, 07:30:31 PM »
Forgot it was Vet's day (here's to all of you vet's out there) and the DMV was closed, so here's a shitty clip for ya...apologies for the speed, and lack of shirt, this was right after the gym and first try :P Not captured: B/S 50-50 impossible out (it was also sloppy and gross).

No please, do go on.....

Definitely waiting for a pair to turn up on sale. I haven't even tried skating my ML trucks and I'm already eyeing a new pair, fickle me.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2021, 08:08:21 PM »
love vincent alvarez but the filming was not so good.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »
Well fuck. I got them in the cart waiting for a sale to hit.  Tactics has them listed as forged are they all forged? Are pals leaning more towards IKP than standard king pin? 

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #259 on: November 14, 2021, 04:26:58 AM »
I'm gonna try these once I get the chance, if they shit out I will report back.

Well fuck. I got them in the cart waiting for a sale to hit.  Tactics has them listed as forged are they all forged? Are pals leaning more towards IKP than standard king pin?

I'm gonna go IKP so i can do the krux swap with basically no effort

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2021, 06:38:32 PM »

Given the rough look of the casting, it's hard to tell if they are forged or not. Given the plate design, I'm going to say Cast.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2021, 06:34:50 AM »
Can we get some additional visual AIDS in this thread

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2021, 06:02:52 PM »

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/catpage-LPBESTSELL.html

The Royal Inverted is listed as a bestseller (despite only launching a week ago) and the IKP model $40 if you want to try a pair.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Royalty

• Rep: 5
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
I got the madness so bad I made this account just to provide the information I was desperately searching for.

They have a the stability feeling of a venture with an ace-like turn. The pinch I would say is closest to an Indy which I’ve never struggled with. That makes sense considering my axle-to-axle wb is ~17.125, averaged out from measuring both sides when the trucks were new and after my two sessions on them. The grind feels similar to an Indy metal, but due to the shape a more thunder lock in. I think they nailed it with the 52mm height for me and my sub-52mm classics. Bushings broke in right away, and tightened a bit with use. I kept them factory tightness and they were perfectly even back and front. The best part is, the baseplate grinds like an Indy/venture/ace. When they come out with the hollows and lights I’m certain I will become a lifer. Only negative think I can think of is the mayonnaise jar sized amount of lube they put in the pivot cups. My first slappy and it flew out like a cumshot and landed on my hanger haha. Feel free to ask questions or if you want more pictures, I’ll do my best. Cheers!

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2021, 11:29:26 AM »

Chill out Biebel.

Royalty

« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2021, 11:34:39 AM »
The requested visual aids:

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 621
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2021, 12:12:34 PM »
Anybody know if they're planning a hollow version?
Might be to heavy for baby me, used to thunder titaniums

Royalty

« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »

On their website they mention these iterations are 25% lighter, but they did mention the hollows are even lighter, but those aren’t available yet. I’m coming from titanium thunders too, with bones bushings and no washers so I was worried about the weight, but the reduction in wheelbase more than makes up for the weight change as they’re much more maneuverable and make the front of your deck feel much lighter when popping. Easier to rotate for tres too ;)

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2021, 03:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for your effective wb measurement! What’s the wb on that board? Looking for the + number

As an example, if the wb of the board is 14, and the effective is 17.125, the trucks are adding 3.125.

Please thanks

On their website they mention these iterations are 25% lighter, but they did mention the hollows are even lighter, but those aren’t available yet. I’m coming from titanium thunders too, with bones bushings and no washers so I was worried about the weight, but the reduction in wheelbase more than makes up for the weight change as they’re much more maneuverable and make the front of your deck feel much lighter when popping. Easier to rotate for tres too ;)

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2021, 07:24:29 PM »
The requested visual aids:

Thanks, they look good. I'm a fan of any stock inverted kingpin truck.